• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman busted smuggling 350 Nintendo Switch game cards in her bra

chromhound

Gold Member
Wrong thread
Siva9jq.jpeg

Last edited:

Zimmy68

I haven't read a single reply to this thread but must ask, what is the point if the cards need to be activated at the register?

inb4 sexism

I haven't read a single reply to this thread but must ask, what is the point if the cards need to be activated at the register?
They don't. Physical console games work with no activation. I assume you must be a PC/Steam guy for asking such a question.

Also, how do we know that these cartridges are legit and not counterfeit? I remember some news about pirated/cloned games.

Skifi28

I miss the times when mules would smuggle things up their butts. Always gotta have a cavity search, it makes for a far more intimate experience not to mention aromatic.

Last edited:
I never had to "activate" Switch cartridges.
They have a serial number (to track cloned cartridges and to redeem Nintendo Gold points), but it's not compulsory/always-online by any means.

I always get irritated when I see PCMR folks assuming that console physical media MUST definitely be like Steam DVD discs (zero ownership, since they require a code).

Hudo

Gold Member
They have a serial number (to track cloned cartridges and to redeem Nintendo Gold points), but it's not compulsory/always-online by any means.

I always get irritated when I see PCMR folks assuming that console physical media MUST definitely be like Steam DVD discs (zero ownership, since they require a code).
Yeah, always these PCMR people. Fucking retards...

coffinbirth

"The initial estimated value of the smuggled goods was 70,000 yuan ($9,660)."

Until it was pointed out to officials that flash carts have completely flooded the market in the past month, so they then relentlessly mocked her for being tardy to the party before feeding her to their canine unit.

EDIT: Actually, these could be bootleg carts. Wave one, afaik. I haven't seen any, but theoretically you could just take a MIG clone and make it a single boot game, with no need to toggle with just one game, you could pass it off as legit until you tried to go online.

Last edited:
Top Bottom