• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman records boyfriend after getting shot by the Police on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalonJH

And that's exactly the thing man, i had never seen a video of him before. I tell you what happened. I was watching a video of MisanthropikOne. A YouTuber that reviews a lot of hiphop material but also touches on real world matters. This video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GSXceVM9M4

Then on the right i saw that one video and watched it. As i said, i hadnever heard of the guy before. Was not aware of any agenda. Lesson learned....for sure.

Man, I'm willing to give you benefit of a doubt, just make sure you check people's other work before you promote it. That man thinks the Native American genocide is made up by liberals to make white people feel bad.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
And that's exactly the thing man, i had never seen a video of him before. I tell you what happened. I was watching a video of MisanthropikOne. A YouTuber that reviews a lot of hiphop material but also touches on real world matters. This video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GSXceVM9M4

Then on the right i saw that one video and watched it. As i said, i hadnever heard of the guy before. Was not aware of any agenda. Lesson learned....for sure.

Yeah it's clear that it seems like i was doing that and again , that genuinely was not my intention at all. I said it in my previous post, it was merely based on what his family claimed.

Yeah whatever dude. There are other things the Youtuber talks about and it was mostly that where i wanted to hear you guys comments on. Because unless i am mistaken, it's still all up in the air on exactly what happened. Talking about Philando Castille now.

I am not even going to reply any further than this....you are way out of line with your bullshit here friend, WAY out of line. Maybe fucking read my comments more carefully, i had NEVER heard of this Youtuber before. This was the very first video i watched of his, jesus christ man. Yes i realize i messed up by not carefully checking who this youtuber was but please quit with that bullshit about me being a racist myself and a piece of shit. I am so goddamn far from any of that.

Like i said, the other things in the video. He calls them all facts, and none of that had to do with the criminal record of any of them. I had no ill intentions or whatsoever.

I ask again, please read my older comments especially for some folks who want to resort to stuff like calling me a racist and a piece of shit....

I'm sure you had no idea what type of video you were posting and what type of person made it.

And your indignation is telling. Like a kid that got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"But I didn't know I couldn't have cookies before dinner. You have to believe me I've never done it before."

Edit:

The only thing out of line is you expecting us to believe you didn't know exactly what you were posting, video and all.

Dai101

Banned
image.php

Of course ....

You're not stupid. You know damn well that "he was no angel" is OFTEN used to imply that lethal force is justified given the individuals criminality.

And you link to friggin Stefan Molyneux.

Except that i did not know that at all. I can't stress enough how i am not justifying anything. Just as most people here i hope that this will get all sorted and that the truth will fully come to light and that justice will be done, something i really doubt.

I will say it again that i was completely ignorant on this Stefan Molyneux dude. As i said in my previous comment i got to that video after watching another video from a guy who is the complete opposite of that. But the video said...truth about....and i just got curious.

So yeah...if people decide to not believe that, i don't know what else i can say. I genuinely had never heard of this Stefan Molyneux before because usually i just don't really look videos like these up Youtube a lot.

To the poster here saying i changed into my shitty friends....heh. Ok. It's clear that some people don't read or only read what they want to read. I had commented on that later on that my friend was mistaken and it wasn't Sterling nor Castile after all. Something completely different.

I can assure you 100% that i am not racist and not a piece of shit by any means.

Of course ....

Sigh. Really? We're going down that road again? A anime avatar means something apparently? Do explain your comment.

This is the kind of shit i find really unfortunete too.

I'm sure you had no idea what type of video you were posting and what type of person made it.

And your indignation is telling. Like a kid that got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"But I didn't know I couldn't have cookies before dinner. You have to believe me I've never done it before."

Edit:

The only thing out of line is you expecting us to believe you didn't know exactly what you were posting, video and all.

Then fucking don't believe me. seriously. I can't say anything more than this, what else can i say? Do you want my Youtube history to see that i never looked at a video from this guy before?

Maybe put some effort into reading my older comments and finding out that my way of thinking isn't at all like a racist or piece of shit or whatsoever? Could you do that?

Yes i know what video i was posting and i wanted to hear what you guys thought of the later points in the video, you know...THE ACTUAL HAPPENINGS for both Sterling and Castile. This Youtuber claims things went a certain way and i just wanted to hear you guys on it. That's all. Nowhere am i justifying murder, not once.

Nothing out of line about that.

Ducarmel

Have the NRA talked about Philando Castille yet?

I don't care to search for it but some token black guy member they got talked about it on NPR.

I don't remember much, but i think what he was trying to argue was that people just jumped to conclusion that the NRA don't care about black gun owners, I was still left with the impression the NRA still does not care about black people and their 2nd amendment rights.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Except that i did not know that at all. I can't stress enough how i am not justifying anything. Just as most people here i hope that this will get all sorted and that the truth will fully come to light and that justice will be done, something i really doubt.

I will say it again that i was completely ignorant on this Stefan Molyneux dude. As i said in my previous comment i got to that video after watching another video from a guy who is the complete opposite of that. But the video said...truth about....and i just got curious.

So yeah...if people decide to not believe that, i don't know what else i can say. I genuinely had never heard of this Stefan Molyneux before because usually i just don't really look videos like these up Youtube a lot.

To the poster here saying i changed into my shitty friends....heh. Ok. It's clear that some people don't read or only read what they want to read. I had commented on that later on that my friend was mistaken and it wasn't Sterling nor Castile after all. Something completely different.

I can assure you 100% that i am not racist and not a piece of shit by any means.

The dude started repeating racist tropes not thirty seconds into the video and lamenting the liberal media conspiracy right in the intro. So get to f*#%

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh. Really? We're going down that road again? A anime avatar means something apparently? Do explain your comment.

Then fucking don't believe me. seriously. I can't say anything more than this, what else can i say? Do you want my Youtube history to see that i never looked at a video from this guy before?

Maybe put some effort into reading my older comments and finding out that my way of thinking isn't at all like a racist or piece of shit or whatsoever? Could you do that?

You realize the more you go balls deep arguing and defending yourself the worse it looks for you.

You should have just been, "Sorry I fucked up and made an insensitive post with a trash video."

Edit:

Also you did watch the video right?

If you did and still felt the need to post it, well that says it all. It really does.

Just finished the video. No way I believe you thought that was a fucking believable video.

I you aren't a racist you are incredibly ignorant and naive.

There's a really good reason why dropping links to videos/articles/blogs and asking "hey what do you guys think about this" got a huge fuckin' crackdown of late.

A good thing too. This place doesnt need to turn into a cesspool of stupid that Facebook and other less moderated places are becoming.

Tatsumi Oga is either a really shitty troll or sadly ignorant. Try again next time my friend.

inky

Man, I'm willing to give you benefit of a doubt, just make sure you check people's other work before you promote it.

I'm not. This is the opening sentence in that video. Literally what he says in the first minute:

I just want to say upfront, it's been quite a few years I've been doing these videos, I'm getting pretty sick of it... BUT, as long as the media continues to push this race baiting one-sided narrative of innocent-victim [vs] racist-evil-cops facts must be set up as spears against the charging cavalry of leftist indoctrination and we must push back with a more rounded view of the altercations.

To me that statement is pretty fucking clear. Then of course he goes on to list "facts" that paint these people as thugs that deserved to be murdered by hero cops.

Yet this Oga dude goes on to say:

Was not aware of any agenda

Please. Like you need to be familiar with him to see straight through that bullshit.

I am not even going to reply any further than this....you are way out of line with your bullshit here friend, WAY out of line. Maybe fucking read my comments more carefully, i had NEVER heard of this Youtuber before. This was the very first video i watched of his, jesus christ man. Yes i realize i messed up by not carefully checking who this youtuber was but please quit with that bullshit about me being a racist myself and a piece of shit. I am so goddamn far from any of that.

Either you completely lack any sort of critical thinking skills or you aren't aware that you actually agree with that crap, which is even worse. The fact that you felt compelled to share it in a manner we've seen many times before: "he was no angel", "I'm just wondering about this", etc. is pretty telling. So yeah, I read your comments much more carefully than you listened to that video, so I reiterate, kindly fuck off.

Slayven

Yes i know what video i was posting and i wanted to hear what you guys thought of the later points in the video, you know...THE ACTUAL HAPPENINGS for both Sterling and Castile. This Youtuber claims things went a certain way and i just wanted to hear you guys on it. That's all. Nowhere am i justifying murder, not once.

First problem is.....

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Stop.
Doubling.
Down.

Learn the lesson and move on. Or don't. That you insist on the latter is REALLY TELLING.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Plot Twist:
Poster is Stefan Molyneux

Hey guys found this cool video, what do you think about it?

You think so, really? I guess I should have watched more of these videos didn't realize how horrible they were. (Despite all the racist diatribe in the video)

Video mysteriously dissapears.

You realize the more you go balls deep arguing and defending yourself the worse it looks for you.

You should have just been, "Sorry I fucked up and made an insensitive post with a trash video."

Pretty early on i said i realize i had messed up and should have looked into this guy. And don't act like i am the only wrong one here....because what can i possibly do when i clearly state that i had never heard of this guy before and people just don't believe it? Completely ignoring all my previous comments. I get people saying ''of course'' based on my avatar which happens to be from anime. Yup because only people who appreciate a certain anime can mess up like this.

See? I admit it again that i messed up. If i had known who this guy was i would not have linked to the video.

Man, I'm willing to give you benefit of a doubt, just make sure you check people's other work before you promote it. That man thinks the Native American genocide is made up by liberals to make white people feel bad.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Wish more people could do that instead of jumping to conclusions right away.

As for that last part, absolutely ridiculous. If i had known that i would have never mentioned the guy. Never ever.

But yeah....i've said all i can say. I admitted that i messed up bigtime, should have taken a good look at who this Stefan was. I guess i am a racist and a piece of shit now. It's quite unfortunete that people think that way now. But ok.

platocplx

Honestly if anyone even brings up terms like race baiting, no angel when it comes to these situations etc. They are literally not qualified to discuss race in any capacity. Then when there is this whole diatribe about liberal media ugh. Why do some of you just click anything online and just go with it? Just because you found a video on YouTube theu tag it as "truth" you believe its true.

I'm not. This is the opening sentence in that video. Literally what he says in the first minute:

To me that statement is pretty fucking clear. Then of course he goes on to list "facts" that paint these people as thugs that deserved to be murdered by hero cops.

Yet this Oga dude goes on to say:

Please. Like you need to be familiar with him to see straight through that bullshit.

Either you completely lacks any sort of critical thinking skills or you aren't aware that you actually agree with that crap, which is even worse. The fact that you felt compelled to share it in a manner we've seen many times before: "he was no angel", "I'm just wondering about this", etc. is pretty telling. So yeah, kindly fuck off.

Its also a clear example of how someone like Trump can even sniff the White House. People unwilling to properly research and vet info on their own. Instead parroting idiotic rhetoric for others to "discuss".

How do you even encounter videos like this unless you run in some funny circles

Usually i never check videos like that. Like i said before...i am subscribed to this dude's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MisanthropikOne/videos

And he is 1000000% the opposite of Stefan's way of thinking. I had finished watching a video of the above Youtuber and saw ''the truth about...'' on the right side where similar videos are placed, similar because of names in the video title.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member

Did you even fucking watch the video you linked? Because it was clear to me from the racist diatribe the guy spouted that he was a fucking racist.

So again you,

1) Saw nothing wrong with what the guy said. (I.E. you're a racist who says you aren't)

2) You are a fucking idiot and didn't realize he said anything racist.

3) You never watched the video.

4) You are trolling.

The fact that you are going balls deep in defense and trying to play the victim is pretty telling

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Based on your previous posts in this very thread, I'm having trouble believing you at all.

Guy..GUYS! It's just interesting that they weren't angels. STOP ATTACKING ME.

He's merely wondering why this never happens to one of the "good ones." Why can't we see he is merely trying to have a friendly conversation.

I like how he keeps saying "I should have looked up this guy", but the video he linked to clearly shows the racist bullshit.

Like, how can you watch this video, and think "boy I cant wait to share this interesting thing" but still claim you're not racist

Come on now

I'm waiting for the hashtag that summarizes his true feelings

Order

I like how he keeps saying "I should have looked up this guy", but the video he linked to clearly shows the racist bullshit.

Like, how can you watch this video, and think "boy I cant wait to share this interesting thing" but still claim you're not racist

Come on now

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Usually i never check videos like that. Like i said before...i am subscribed to this dude's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MisanthropikOne/videos

And he is 1000000% the opposite of Stefan's way of thinking. I had finished watching a video of the above Youtuber and saw ''the truth about...'' on the right side where similar videos are placed, similar because of names in the video title.

So you saw a related video.
Watched it.
Digested its message.
Went through a thought process
"Oooooh i can link it in that GAF thread, knowing EXACTLY what the message is."
BUMPED said GAF thread.

ALL of that. And you somehow feel attacked?

Again just stop.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member

Come on now
So again you,

1) Saw nothing wrong with what the guy said. (I.E. you're a racist who says you aren't)

4) You are trolling.

My thoughts exactly.

Well Oga?

If you can satisfactorly answer this question then maybe you got some hope left.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Come on now

Some of y'all sound scared someone is telling it how it is.

Enquiring mind want to know. I want to know!!

People have real questions. They deserve honest answers. Bad things don't happen to good people.

I'm subscribed to this guy's page, but I've never heard of him. Can you guys please watch and tell me what you think of his ideas. I think this guy made the video now

TalonJH

I know man, just going by what I've seen him post before. It's hard to believe he's that nieve but I see people like that all the time. I want to believe he just really trust his friend so its hard for him to tell that his friend is giving him bad info and the video probably just confirmed what his friend had been saying. IDK, that guy's videos are the worst.

Edit: Tatsumi, just apologize and take a lose here. It doesn't matter if you didn't mean anything by posting it, you fucked up. Make sure you look into links before posting them. Don't be so trusting of someone just because they seem "knowledgeable".

aeolist

Banned
ah, So u persecute Tatsumi Oga just because he has different beliefs? Do Tell. (everyone gets mad at me) Sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to remove it.

Did you even fucking watch the video you linked? Because it was clear to me from the racist diatribe the guy spouted that he was a fucking racist.

So again you,

4) You are trolling.

The fact that you are going balls deep in defense and trying to play the victim is pretty telling

I should have said this in the comment that sparked it all. I don't agree with the things he said at the beginning at all.

I sure messed up then, because i simply wanted to discuss the accidents of the two. The Youtuber touched upon that later in the video about how everything happened, talking about them as if they were all confirmed facts. That is what i wanted you guys to see.

But i can only say so many times that i fucked up and that i am far from a racist. Not a single freaking racist bone in my body and i regret that people here now seem to think so.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I should have said this in the comment that sparked it all. I don't agree with the things he said at the beginning at all.

I sure messed up then, because i simply wanted to discuss the accidents of the two. The Youtuber touched upon that later in the video about how everything happened, talking about them as if they were all confirmed facts. That is what i wanted you guys to see.

But i can only say so many times that i fucked up and that i am far from a racist. Not a single freaking racist bone in my body and i regret that people here now seem to think so.

You poor sweet thing.

You sweet summer child.

You should just apologize and stop posting; no one wants to hear about how you found his topic at 07:34 stimulating and thought provoking when you have to sit through obvious racist tropes beforehand. I'll be PMing you your L.

The Kree

Banned

Congratulations on making the thread about you.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member

Yet you clearly post this.

Unless the dude's ''facts'' are nonsense and he does seem to do a lot of fact checking, Sterling was far from an angel. Had tons of run ins with the law, did plenty of time, certainly didn't seem to learn from his mistakes and really wasn't that good guy his family claimed he was. The guy also says he clearly was reaching for a gun....and that there was a gun. Was there after all?

In this very post you are agreeing with the guy in the video. How reliable he is, how Sterling was far from an Angel, how his family has lied.

Seriously man....

inky

Fucking hell, poor, poor you.

Yes, you should've posted that you didn't agree with the things he said in his previous post, but you actually posted this:

Unless the dude's ''facts'' are nonsense and he does seem to do a lot of fact checking, Sterling was far from an angel. Had tons of run ins with the law, did plenty of time, certainly didn't seem to learn from his mistakes and really wasn't that good guy his family claimed he was. The guy also says he clearly was reaching for a gun....and that there was a gun. Was there after all?

Also some revealing stuff about Philando Castille, but especially about his girlfriend. I hope you guys watched it, because i sure found it interesting.

Which is like the exact opposite of disagreeing. Well, "IF" of course... can't forget the (cover my ass) conditional. *sigh*

And you wonder why people think his opinion is your opinion too? At least own up to it. You are not the victim here, whether you know it or not your intentions and stance were perfectly clear from the start. So yeah, fuck off. The way the world is moving it has no time for people like you with your thinly veiled intentions and faux ignorance to spark "interesting" discussion that is just more bullshit racist rhetoric. Learn from it or don't, but at least don't fucking backtrack from what you said.

Yet you clearly post this.

In this very post you are agreeing with the guy in the video. How reliable e is, how Sterling was far from an Angel, how his family has lied.

Seriously man....

Fucking hell, poor, poor you.

Yes, you should've posted that you didn't agree with the things he said in his previous post, but you actually posted this:

Which is like the exact opposite of disagreeing. Well, "IF" of course... can't forget the conditionals. *sigh*

And you wonder why people think his opinion is your opinion too? At least own up to it. You are not the victim here, whether you know it or not your intentions and stance were perfectly clear from the start. So yeah, fuck off. The way the world is moving it has no time for people like you with your thinly veiled intentions and faux ignorance to spark "interesting" discussion that is just more bullshit racist rhetoric. Learn from it or don't, but at least don't fucking backtrack from what you said.

I meant his clearly pro-police talk. Don't comply, get shot. Something along those lines. I don't agree at all with that. That is one of the things i meant man. I don't share his overall way of thinking. The way he presented his video he seemed to have done a lot of fact checking, but that's why i say seemed, because i am definitely not sure. That's why i say..''if'' that criminal record is true, it sure doesn't look like the poster child his family portrays him as. That;s the only thing i meant.I am not backtracking at all, i am simply clarifying what i meant.

Nothing else was meant by that for me, in no way is any of that justifyable to kill someone. But i'll leave it at this. I have tried to 'repair' my not so great way of saying things, people don't believe me , that much is clear and it is what it is. And anyone now saying ''poor me...sweet child'' yeah ok, i am not a victim at all here and i know damn well i am wrong. Ok? Ok!

Merc_

Linking to a racist as fuck youtuber and then playing victim when you get called on it.

You've got a lot of fucking nerve Tats.

VanWinkle

I wish you guys weren't so mean to people who have ignorance, especially those who seem to understand that what they said is wrong. I mean, the attacks are so vicious and coming constantly.

Tatsumi Oga, the the problem wasn't necessarily that you posted a video from a person who apparently is racist and whatnot (since you said this was the first video you watched from him). The problem is that you bring up "he's not an angel" in the first place. Why? Because it has zero bearing on the outcome. His past record in no way excuses the behavior of the cop, so bringing up that "he's no angel" just stifles the discussion on a very real problem.

I don't have the time nor the inclination to educate you. There are plenty of threads on GAF which have people clearly explaining this. But I'm not heartless so I'll provide you with some links to get started.

Don't reply back to me until you've read the following;
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2015-10-29/policing-and-oppression-have-a-long-history

http://www.crf-usa.org/black-history-month/a-brief-history-of-jim-crow

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smith...nt-tulsa-race-massacre-1921-180959251/?no-ist

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/16/malcolm-london-black-on-black-crime_n_5683174.html

Media

I want you guys to watch this video and tell me what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJPFdS6SSgQ

Also some revealing stuff about Philando Castille, but especially about his girlfriend. I hope you guys watched it, because i sure found it interesting.

The dudes facts are nonsense. Even if they weren't, the 'no angel' argument that is used over and over to slander innocent dead folk would still not justify being gunned down in cold blood

Edit: I see I was way late to the party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom