• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I keep vacillating on demo lock. It actually is pretty fun to play, but they really just gotta fix a few glaring issues. The potential is there for a great, strong spec if Blizz puts a bit more work into it.

Tarazet

I've never been happier to be a moonkin main, feels awesome. The only thing I am struggling with is the setup time on Starfall, but the effect is so powerful that it is worth the tradeoff. I suppose there is Astral Communion if we really have a need for snap AoE, but it seems like a waste to use it on trash.

Shahadan

Looks like it's time to choose a new OT title!

Something something Dalaran new hat

Something something Gul'dan's ilvl is over 9000

Something something super saiyan gul'dan

I don't know. Who's creating the thread btw?

Mupod

I keep seeing my friends online playing this, wasn't going to play until the expansion at the earliest but fuck it why not. I guess it wouldn't hurt to dip my toes in and try out some classes, how is tank DK now? I last played at the start of WoD and they were basically gods. But I haven't actually played a DK since the first few months of WOTLK.

Respect

Pre-patch is rough, quality of life stuff is fantastic, but it is really difficult to play. Not having artifact weapons and pvp talents is painful. Will probably be going awol for a month.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Blizzard really should've made the new Transmog system like D3. If something drops, let me trade it amongst my group members so we can all learn it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Blizzard really should've made the new Transmog system like D3. If something drops, let me trade it amongst my group members so we can all learn it.

Ehh, that seems really unnecessary, and the way loot works in the two games is different enough that it seems like a potentially messy option for WoW. The current version is fine.

Rrang129

I still cannot get over not having Water or Earth shield... mostly not having that blue orb swirling around me all the time makes me feel like I'm forgetting something.

strafer

I still cannot get over not having Water or Earth shield... mostly not having that blue orb swirling around me all the time makes me feel like I'm forgetting something.

Same I have with playing my Warlock. I always want to buff with Demon Shield.

I miss that.

The sound that it made.

ampere

Who's creating the thread btw?

Rösti is creating the Legion OT, and I suggested we just make that OT8 and have a mod move it back to community once the game has been out for a bit.

Thoughts, Rösti?

Rösti;210948987 said:
It looks like I will be able to upgrade my computer next week. Hoping to do some OpenGL experiments then.

dawn of a new era

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
If this thread will last all the way to August 30, then the Legion OT can certainly be the next Community thread.

Shahadan

Rösti is creating the Legion OT, and I suggested we just make that OT8 and have a mod move it back to community once the game has been out for a bit.

Thoughts, Rösti?

dawn of a new era

Last time iirc we kept the community thread and let the gaming side shitpost in their own thread and that was cool imo ;(

Rizzi

q22BRwk.jpg

:D

Why do the Ulduar illusions only drop from 25m, while all the others I've farmed so far have dropped from 10m & LFR?

Maybe because they didn't originally drop in 10m? I think? If that's the case then probably easier to code it that way. I mean, no real point in doing 10m Ulduar anyway 99% of the time with Mim's Head dropping on 25m hard mode only.

Tenebrous

Maybe because they didn't originally drop in 10m? I think? If that's the case then probably easier to code it that way. I mean, no real point in doing 10m Ulduar anyway 99% of the time with Mim's Head dropping on 25m hard mode only.

Forgot about that, but for me, there's no point doing it on 25m. I have both enchanting recipes & the mount already.

Plus 10m is dropping 60g & 2 items per boss. 25m is dropping <30g & 3 items.

Had some money, so finally pre-ordered Legion today. Instant Battle.net launcher skin change.

Dunno what I want to use the boost on, probably some Alliance char on Sargeras. Dumb icon for the boost is gonna annoy me till I use it though.

Need to come up with a name for my Demon Hunter though and reserve it on my primary server - the one I use on beta is taken.

Respect

Demon Hunter early access isn't live yet, right?

I did forget about this, will have to come back a bit sooner to try them out. I also need to figure out a horde server that isn't over crowded but also isn't vastly outnumbered by ally (pvp server).

It was a slog leveling on Mannoroth as horde after all the horde abandoned the server come mists. Just when blizz decides to remove the guards to encourage pvp, 3-4 horde around a quest giver surrounded by 30-40 alliance. Getting attacked by someone and you're desperately trying not to do any cleave attacks to anger the hornets nest...others invariably jumped in regardless and then it just becomes a ganking.

Any suggestions (US)?

Milennia

So what's the consensus on tanks right now? I'm hearing that Druid and Demon Hunter are the best main tank classes at the moment.

Also debating whether to use my 100 boost on a mage or a priest..

survivability wise warriors are very good

ignore pain is nuts

ampere

Tanks aren't balanced at all for lv100 right now, but even so I think Warriors are going to get nerfed

So weird that Warriors are the tanks with a huge absorb shield now lol. You guys stole my Guard!

Rösti;210959178 said:
If this thread will last all the way to August 30, then the Legion OT can certainly be the next Community thread.

Last time iirc we kept the community thread and let the gaming side shitpost in their own thread and that was cool imo ;(

OK, well if do we need a new OT thread I can make another one, or someone else can claim it.

Tenebrous

I don't think Warriors are going to see major nerfs. While it's laughably easy to keep IP up right now, doing it in gear-appropriate content at 110 is, as far as I know, a lot more challenging to do.

ACE 1991

Really thinking about coming back (after 5 years), what is everyone's opinion on the Legion changes? Has the ability pruning ruined a lot of PVE/PVP depth?

Fjordson

|OT8| Cold Logic
|OT8| Where are all my buttons?

ampere

Really thinking about coming back (after 5 years), what is everyone's opinion on the Legion changes? Has the ability pruning ruined a lot of PVE/PVP depth?

There's still a lot of depth, BUT much of it is hidden behind artifacts and pvp honor talents, which you can't use until Legion.

So if you do come back now, just be ready for stuff to not be balanced until level 110. The wardrobe (xmog unlimited storage) system is the highlight of the patch by far. So much to collect!

ACE 1991

There's still a lot of depth, BUT much of it is hidden behind artifacts and pvp honor talents, which you can't use until Legion.

So if you do come back now, just be ready for stuff to not be balanced until level 110. The wardrobe (xmog unlimited storage) system is the highlight of the patch by far. So much to collect!

Neato. Thinking of using the boost my level 80ish Death Knight if I decide to come back... $65 is a big barrier to entry, though.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Something something Artifact game is old , etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder why the Mythic Emerald Nightmare stuff doesn't show up on the Appearances tab but shows up on the Raid loot list.

god the Shaman set sogood.gif

Shahadan

How long do you think in terms of total gameplay hours? I heard the WoD leveling was pretty fun, so maybe it's worth it to play through with the DK then.

You can probably do that in a week end, and there are some potions to boost your xp gain by a large amount if need be.

MoP and WoD leveling is great especially the first time, but as it stands currently you wouldn't even have to do all zones.

Fjordson

How long do you think in terms of total gameplay hours? I heard the WoD leveling was pretty fun, so maybe it's worth it to play through with the DK then.
Tough to say in exact hours, but everything from 80 to 100 is pretty good and doesn't take too long. Cata, MoP and WoD zones are all fun to play through. And there are some solid dungeons also.

ACE 1991

You can probably do that in a week end, and there are some potions to boost your xp gain by a large amount if need be.

MoP and WoD leveling is great especially the first time, but as it stands currently you wouldn't even have to do all zones.

Tough to say in exact hours, but everything from 80 to 100 is pretty good and doesn't take too long. Cata, MoP and WoD zones are all fun to play through. And there are some solid dungeons also.

Cool, I may do this. I'm a little worried that WoW's combat might wear on me pretty quickly after being spoiled by the systems in the modern MMOs I've tried in the last few years, but we'll see.

Top Bottom