• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Tarazet

So I'm contemplating on using my boost on my 77 Hunter. Main reason is due to me not wanting to level up the professions so I instantly get that boosted. Kinda feels like a waste due to him already being at such a high level. The only classes that I do not have at max level are: Druid, Warlock, Shaman, and DK. However, I'm not really interested in those classes at all. Should I just level my hunter and save the boost? I didn't read up on anything regarding Legion so I was kinda planning on using that boost for my DH. Maybe I should use it on him to boost professions or is that not how it works?

It works to boost professions over level 60. Production professions are easy to cap out right now, so the best reason to do it would be so that you don't have to fly all over the world, or get small quantities of worthless mats, leveling a gathering profession.

I've been struggling myself with what to boost. This is what I have at 100:

Troll Druid
Troll Shaman
Orc Mage
Orc Rogue
Blood Elf Paladin
Tauren Priest
Undead Monk
Undead Death Knight
Human Warrior

...Leaving only Hunter and Warlock out of the equation. My Warlock is level 94, so I'll get him to cap this weekend. I don't care to play Hunter, but I might boost a Tauren anyway just so that I have a capped Engineer.

It works to boost professions over level 60. Production professions are easy to cap out right now, so the best reason to do it would be so that you don't have to fly all over the world, or get small quantities of worthless mats, leveling a gathering profession.

I've been struggling myself with what to boost. This is what I have at 100:

Troll Druid
Troll Shaman
Orc Mage
Orc Rogue
Blood Elf Paladin
Tauren Priest
Undead Monk
Undead Death Knight
Human Warrior

...Leaving only Hunter and Warlock out of the equation. My Warlock is level 94, so I'll get him to cap this weekend. I don't care to play Hunter, but I might boost a Tauren anyway just so that I have a capped Engineer.

WoW problems!

You can't use the 100 boost on demon hunters and there's no point - Blizzard is saving you from yourself. They start at 98, and you're 100 (and change if you're doing it after Legion launches) by the time you finish the starting zone which takes 2.5-3 hours tops (I could probably finish in 90 minutes).

M.D

Is there a way to check your auction house history? I sold something for 25k and forget to read what it was and now I'm wondering

Edit: oh, of course TSM has that option lol

It was Plans: Helm of the Stalwart Defender, bought it for 50g yesterday and sold for 25k today
It says I sold 2 tho, nto sure why.. TSM is complex

Tecnniqe

Banned
ggblizzbilib.png

Weird considering my client tells me I HAVE GAME TIME.

3rd time today.

Come on... :|

Tecnniqe

Banned
Do you have the wrong account selected in the dropdown menu on the client? Try closing the client or rebooting

First time it happened my client got a patch. Closed it > correct account > start playing > do dungeon for an hour > error > no patch so i just start the game again > logs in instantly > repeat without a patch.

So weird :|

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not feeling DK at all, sadface and strange seeing how much I like Surv Hunter :(

Frost has great animations and sound effects at least

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Still stuck deciding between BM Hunter and UH DK for Legion. UH is what I played for WoD, but I'm kind of scared of the melee bloat for finding a raid spot and since I'm only going to focus on one character and might actually have time for a raid schedule, I want to be able to be a little choosy.

ampere

First time it happened my client got a patch. Closed it > correct account > start playing > do dungeon for an hour > error > no patch so i just start the game again > logs in instantly > repeat without a patch.

So weird :|

I'd make a ticket. It's possible it's a know bug but idk

Bento

So anyone dare to guess what will have shorter queues; Healer or Tank? Got a Priest and a Warrior and could consider playing either of them at this point but need something to tip the scale in favor of one over the other :eek:)

Worth noting that I haven't played since Cataclysm so not sure how the class distribution has shaped up since.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So anyone dare to guess what will have shorter queues; Healer or Tank? Got a Priest and a Warrior and could consider playing either of them at this point so I'd probably let something like that decide the matter at this point :eek:)

In 5 mans or LFRs?

Almost always a tank.

ampere

So anyone dare to guess what will have shorter queues; Healer or Tank? Got a Priest and a Warrior and could consider playing either of them at this point so I'd probably let something like that decide the matter at this point :eek:)

Max level, usually tanks. While leveling it's anyone's guess depending on the time of day, but usually tanks.

Tanks are almost always insta-queue, healers are only insta-queue when things are going badly, otherwise it's usually a few minutes. I'd hit upwards of 15 minutes in WoD content as a Resto Shaman. Straight DPS queues could be awful, 45 mins and higher.

Searched the thread but didn't see anything - anyone else having problems of being totally phased out from party members for no reason at all? Husband and I usually run around together a bit doing rando questions or whatever but lately half the time we're just suddenly phased and separated for no reason we can figure. Same zone, both 100, same quests, similar gear levels, phased. Tried remaking party, logging out and back in, nothing. It's happened in several zones.

Strimei

Searched the thread but didn't see anything - anyone else having problems of being totally phased out from party members for no reason at all? Husband and I usually run around together a bit doing rando questions or whatever but lately half the time we're just suddenly phased and separated for no reason we can figure. Same zone, both 100, same quests, similar gear levels, phased. Tried remaking party, logging out and back in, nothing. It's happened in several zones.

Yeah its a problem a lot of people are having. Whatever Blizzard did with their phasing/shard system is not working right.

I've been yanked from one phase to another out of the blue. its annoying. There's a large thread about feedback for it on the official forum.

MMaRsu

Banned
Is it worth it to do a server changw if u are on a low pop server? Im on a low pop server on eu

Im just wondering if no ah stuff is selling cause everyone on my server already has most stuff

MMaRsu

Banned
What the hell I changed by pw on Battle.net because I got a random disconnect after which I haf to input my pw so Id figure might as well change it but now I cant login to the battle.net app?

I can login on the site just fine

Tecnniqe

Banned
Time walking is even more busted now then it was before

That one map is so fucking infuriating. Either everyone leaves or I end up getting kicked.

Even asking for tactics and doing EXACTLY as they say and get fucked I'm the first to go. Every time.

Feel like such a scrub
I'm far from a great tank, I just started a few days ago doing it while leveling, but come on :|
Nobody got the patience to even let you try at the very least. 1 or 2 wipes and you're out.

Yeah its a problem a lot of people are having. Whatever Blizzard did with their phasing/shard system is not working right.

I've been yanked from one phase to another out of the blue. its annoying. There's a large thread about feedback for it on the official forum.

Ah, thanks. You guys are my go-to before the official forums. It's suuuuuper annoying. Having a game to play with my husband is half the reason to play for me!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tried a bit of Frost Mage, tok him from 90 to 91 (basically just did the intro up till having a garrison). Seems about the same as I remember, some stuff bothers me tho:

- This new flurry spell, I dont understand the point, it seems like the only time you would use it would be when it procs the instant cast, so its basically another ice lance?

- talent wise I like ice nova, hits like a truck. ray of frost seems shit tho, I would probably get the no water elemental talent in that tier (and im a pet fanboy but yeah, never liked that mages got a pet also)

otherwise it seems like its just frostbolt spam until something procs, which is about what it was before aswell so /shrug. Gonna have a peak and the other 2 specs, but I doubt ill lvl the mage for now

edit: oh lol Arcane has a pet now also >_<

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That Pit of Saron was ever picked from timewalking is the greatest joke of all.

ampere

That one map is so fucking infuriating. Either everyone leaves or I end up getting kicked.

Even asking for tactics and doing EXACTLY as they say and get fucked I'm the first to go. Every time.

Feel like such a scrub
I'm far from a great tank, I just started a few days ago doing it while leveling, but come on :|
Nobody got the patience to even let you try at the very least. 1 or 2 wipes and you're out.

It was one of the harder Timewalking dungeons pre-7.0, and since they haven't really rebalanced the damage output in there you're gonna have a tough time unless you're playing a Prot Warrior. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself over it

Tecnniqe

Banned
How so?

Endboss annihilating the tank cause he doesn't kite? People not hiding behind the ice boulder? not killing the casters first on the uphill fights?

Endboss: Whole map is covered in ice, boss enrage and charge 1hit people even when in ice.

That explody poison boss is EZ mode.

Forgemaster is literal shit.

Uphill battle is EZ too.

Just the bosses are broken AF imo.

Rhaknar

yeah no other class is really grabbing me tbh, gonna finish up the DK in the next few days (well tomorow, hes 94), which leaves me with lock, hunter, priest, dk at 100, plus the DH which ill lvl for sure, thats more than enough variety to go into Legion (especially since im pretty sure ill play lock/hunter unless the DH really grabs me)

One interesting thing about the new forums is that they don't display the guild tag of the character that's posting. So it requires slightly more effort to downvote brigade a person just based on guild affiliation. Though at the same time makes it more annoying to verify that someone is in a certain guild.

Probably for the best.

Strimei

Ah, thanks. You guys are my go-to before the official forums. It's suuuuuper annoying. Having a game to play with my husband is half the reason to play for me!

No problem! And believe me, I know how annoying it is. Even solo.

Just last night, I was in the arakkoa area in Tanaan, no one around. Server hung for a moment and then I'm yanked into a different phase of Tanaan, where Deathclaw had just been defeated by a Horde raid.

I'm Alliance.

Yeah. That was...pleasant.

edit: oh lol Arcane has a pet now also >_<

The familiar isn't that much of a pet, in all honesty. It just fires off an arcane bolt occasionally, is all. And it doesn't have that annoying BURBLEBUBLRBBLUBURLB of the water elemental.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have a feeling the first two major things Blizzard will look at after Legion launches are healing and Warlocks. Especially Demonology.

Top Bottom