• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
ICC wrapped up the WC3 story arc, which had been going for ages. Hell, even BC was part of it. When Arthus fell Blizzard had to come up with something new.

And then Cata appeared and the concussive force of the entire playerbase facepalming at the same time shattered Azeroth.

Eh, I had no real issue with the plot points of Cataclysm, It just had a mediocre endgame and the lack of a single, expansion-centric landmass made it feel weaker than most of the others (among other issues.) Having Deathwing back as a major antagonist was a cool idea, though.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I kinda feel like Demonic Empowerment should be a self buff that you have to keep active. It's super weird to have a core ability that is near impossible to keep track of who it's active on.

https://wago.io/4kqcQcXPb

Here's a nice little Weakaura to keep track of your demons, it goes purple when they're buffed.

You're right though, if it were something that was on me instead of the pets, I wouldn't have to cast it after every.single.demon.summon.

It's not very fun at all.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You're right though, if it were something that was on me instead of the pets, I wouldn't have to cast it after every.single.demon.summon.

It's not very fun at all.

Yup. The current incarnation of DE is the #1 problem of Demo at the moment and needs to be addressed ASAP. As of now, there has not been a single official comment about it, despite the overwhelming negative feedback it gets both on official forums and fan sites.

Lain

I went to do Tanaan dailies with a friend. We group up and we're constantly in different phases/crz or whateverthefuck it is. How is it possible?

Rixxan

If you roll demon hunter do you start at level 1? Can you use your character boost on the demon hunter?

I feel like I'm asking inane questions in here but I don't see this answered on the main site

Istaerion

If you roll demon hunter do you start at level 1? Can you use your character boost on the demon hunter?

I feel like I'm asking inane questions in here but I don't see this answered on the main site

Demon Hunters will hover around level 98 once they finish up their starting zone. I don't know for sure since I don't have access to beta, but I imagine they start at level 90-95 and work their way up.

Lanrutcon

I went to do Tanaan dailies with a friend. We group up and we're constantly in different phases/crz or whateverthefuck it is. How is it possible?

That's super weird. I do my dailies with my SO all the time and she's on a different realm.

Happened to me and the wife. We're on the same server, and when we group up it puts us in different phases. We had to drop group to be able to see one another. The CRZ is fucking nuts right now.

Tecnniqe

Banned
If I already have one of every class.. wtf should I boost? I was thinking about another druid?

DH for 700 prof. =)

:( people in Timewalk call my transmog ugly :(

Its green and beautiful!
DR6ycy9.png

th3dude

First time playing since Timewalking came out. What an awesome feature. So much fun!

Also, anyone play on Area52 US? Looking for a guild or some others to play with.

I'm so sad that Blizz couldn't retrieve a history of the weapon/armor items I owned in the past for transmog. So many raid/pvp pieces gone to waste because I deleted them to make extra bag space. I have no motivation to go back and solo past raids or PvP at all.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm so sad that Blizz couldn't retrieve a history of the weapon/armor items I owned in the past for transmog. So many raid/pvp pieces gone to waste because I deleted them to make extra bag space. I have no motivation to go back and solo past raids or PvP at all.

Seems like the only thing they could backtrace was quest items. Sad indeed.

When are we getting cross realm guilds?, I'm tired of the racist bs on la servers and been playing alone with trade/general chats disabled for a good time now.

Anoregon

Seems like the only thing they could backtrace was quest items. Sad indeed.

Quests are easy because the game basically always knows what quests you have or have not done. That's permanently attached to your character data and doesn't expire. There's never been a mechanism in place that records every single item you looted/equipped, though.

Respect

When are we getting cross realm guilds?, I'm tired of the racist bs on la servers and been playing alone with trade/general chats disabled for a good time now.

This is the most frustrating part for me, I can never find a decent guild that isn't filled with homophobic, racist ragers. I know they exist, but it seems so hard to find.

Finally, ladies and gentlemen, the first character I ever played in the World of Warcraft, an Orc Warrior, has hit level cap. Gable first ventured out from Durotan into the wider world of Azeroth during the Burning Crusade and it seems to me that with the imminent return of the Burning Legion that Gabe's ascension to level cap was perfectly timed.

Anyway, thought I'd share! I was so happy for him to ding! Now I need to decide on getting my Rogue, Shaman, or Druid to cap next before the expansion. Perhaps I can get all three of them capped, the Rogue and Shaman are 94 and the Druid 92.

ampere

This is the most frustrating part for me, I can never find a decent guild that isn't filled with homophobic, racist ragers. I know they exist, but it seems so hard to find.

It's pretty great when you do find a decent guild. My GM doesn't tolerate most bigoted stuff, though people will still say "gay" as a pejorative sometimes which is annoying.

ampere

Finally, ladies and gentlemen, the first character I ever played in the World of Warcraft, an Orc Warrior, has hit level cap. Gable first ventured out from Durotan into the wider world of Azeroth during the Burning Crusade and it seems to me that with the imminent return of the Burning Legion that Gabe's ascension to level cap was perfectly timed.

Anyway, thought I'd share! I was so happy for him to ding! Now I need to decide on getting my Rogue, Shaman, or Druid to cap next before the expansion. Perhaps I can get all three of them capped, the Rogue and Shaman are 94 and the Druid 92.

Congrats! Got any big plans for Legion? Dungeons, raids, pet battles, professions, etc

http://i.imgur.com/vYEn3cT.jpg[IMG]

Enh transmog for Legion.[/QUOTE]

I like it. You shouldn't xmog the Doomhammers though :P

[quote="Tecnniqe, post: 211589436"]So in Legion, are the Garrison completely useless?[/QUOTE]

Mostly. You can still revisit them to get achievements you missed or a few pets, mounts and heirloom rings that show up as mission rewards.

They should probably migrate those heirloom rings to rewards from another system though. Kinda dumb to leave them tied to outdated Garrisons

Anoregon

I give that Tauren shaman two thumbs up. Or hooves.

Congrats! Got any big plans for Legion? Dungeons, raids, pet battles, professions, etc

I'll do what I do ever expansion, Pinky: try to take over the world.

Most likely I'll level to 110 as Ally and Horde, collect mounts and clear any old content I haven't seen yet. Sporadic casual player that I am.

j-wood

So i boosted a druid, and it's my first level 100 character. I started a warrior that i plan to play through everything with, he's level 17 currently.

Since I haven't played since vanilla, hollllyyyy shit am i lost on the druid. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of the garrison that it transported me to?

So the main thing here is that you're going to have to use out of game resources to find a decent guild. Any guild worth its salt will be advertising in channels other than just trade chat. You probably don't want to be in just a social/casual guild as those are the types of places that will go dead before too long, and only revive (if they revive at all) when new content drops. The best bet is probably to become an adjunct member of a more serious mythic raiding guild, even if you're not interested in raiding yourself.

To do this, first I would figure out what server you want to be on - or at least limit yourself to a few choices. Personally I wouldn't go on anything less than a high-pop and/or high-progression server -- you'll have a better economy and more opportunities. Definitely not any "connected" realms. There's about a dozen at most servers that fit the bill right now, check on WoWProgress.

For guild ads from all realms, look here. You can also check the MMO-Champion recruitment forum or /r/wowguilds. Otherwise you look at the realm forums for any realm(s) you've narrowed your search down to and there should be plenty of recruitment posts there as well.

An organized guild should also have some form of website on which you'd put up a formal application, even as a casual member. Higher quality guilds will generally have custom websites (e.g. my guild's) vs. a premade enjin/shivtr/whatever.

Other than that, you should have a voice interview with a recruitment officer or the GM before transferring or otherwise joining up - even better would be to sit in on a raid night to see what the overall atmosphere is like.

I think that's about all I can think of right now.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So i boosted a druid, and it's my first level 100 character. I started a warrior that i plan to play through everything with, he's level 17 currently.

Since I haven't played since vanilla, hollllyyyy shit am i lost on the druid. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of the garrison that it transported me to?

Ignore it. It's a complete waste of time at this point. It was worth it in the past for the gold rewards, but they got rid of that, so...

JSoup

Banned
Well what should have happened when it returned was this:
1389857185.gif

Wouldn't have even done that, it turns out. While the Uldum storyline showed that the Forge of Origination was still operational, Chronicles shows that
it's keepers reprogrammed it to only hit Uldum

Edit: Oop, though I was replying to something on the last page.

StMeph

Had so much potential though

All that potential was squandered as soon as they revealed the time travel bullshit of the premise.

It's only around for a few more weeks, and not going to provide you with anything meaningful during that span of time.

So I'm contemplating on using my boost on my 77 Hunter. Main reason is due to me not wanting to level up the professions so I instantly get that boosted. Kinda feels like a waste due to him already being at such a high level. The only classes that I do not have at max level are: Druid, Warlock, Shaman, and DK. However, I'm not really interested in those classes at all. Should I just level my hunter and save the boost? I didn't read up on anything regarding Legion so I was kinda planning on using that boost for my DH. Maybe I should use it on him to boost professions or is that not how it works?

I'm still of the opinion that having your first max level character come from a boost is generally a mistake - it's too much information at once for most people to process. But anyway, Wowhead Guide to Garrisons. But also this:

Ignore it. It's a complete waste of time at this point. It was worth it in the past for the gold rewards, but they got rid of that, so...

There are some other rewards/things to do with garrisons besides straight gold, but building the garrison will cost more gold than you'll have at this point, and you won't see a return on that investment with the removal of gold missions. You can pretty much safely ignore the garrison right now - best thing to do at the moment is collect transmogs and wait for invasions to start.

Also again, http://www.wowhead.com/ is your best friend. Learn it, live it, love it.

Top Bottom