• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rizzi

I kinda feel like Demonic Empowerment should be a self buff that you have to keep active. It's super weird to have a core ability that is near impossible to keep track of who it's active on.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I kinda feel like Demonic Empowerment should be a self buff that you have to keep active. It's super weird to have a core ability that is near impossible to keep track of who it's active on.

pretty much. or at the very least make it instant

Question to people who boosted a character: did it screw up your bag order? Example, when things go into your inventory instead of going to the first bag with available slots it will always be put on the bottom one?

It's a minor thing but annoying as hell :(

Question to people who boosted a character: did it screw up your bag order? Example, when things go into your inventory instead of going to the first bag with available slots it will always be put on the bottom one?

You get all new Embersilk bags and they're empty except for your hearthstones and some food. Your bags and all the items that were in them before you boosted get sent back to you via mail.

Or I completely misunderstood the question. I blame being up at 3 in the morning.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Loot heading to the left or rightmost bag should still be a basic interface option under controls.
I need a list of every single vendor in the game that sells transmog gear, ideally sorted by zone...

Anyone?
Asmongold just released a video for all of the PvP gear vendors if that helps...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spires of Arak is a fantastic zone, much better than I remember when I played it when WoD came out

mclem

Trying to figure out how much valor I'll need to farm to max out my offspec legendary ring before Legion (assuming still getting an archimonde each week). Probably would be start to start working on it now.

Hey, I'm having a really specific issue with the new patch that I can't seem to find an answer for anywhere. My ambient sound track - wind, animal noises, etc - is suddenly coming in at a very low quality. I have no idea what to call it, but it's that sound you get when say you're talking to someone on a low quality connection and you can hear a ... watery? sound. Really wish I knew what that was called, sure there's a proper term for it.

Computer can handle the game easily, drivers updated, tried every different sound setting I could change. I know this is a weird and really specific issue, but whenever I'm leveling I've always turned the ambient noises all the way up, music off and sfx way down. Probably wouldn't be a big deal for most people but it's kinda blowing the experience for me. The "ambient noises" track is the only one with this problem, all the others sound fine.

And if you know what that sound I'm talking about is called I'd love to learn something today.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Fel Adventurer mog =)
Ojsy7Dv.png

Edit: Maybe this fits the scheme a bit better
Tdg631l.png

carlsojo

Alright guys. I have a plan. We lure the entirety of the Legion along with Sargeras to Azeroth. We have Algalon send Reply Code Omega. Azeroth, Sargeras, and the Legion are annihilated. We escape on a repaired Exodar
to Draenor, where we live out the rest of our days in our garrison.
. Nothing can go wrong with this plan.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Alright guys. I have a plan. We lure the entirety of the Legion along with Sargeras to Azeroth. We have Algalon send Reply Code Omega. Azeroth, Sargeras, and the Legion are annihilated. We escape on a repaired Exodar

Underestimating the Exodar pilots.

Rhaknar

hunter to 100, got my Iron Warwolf from Tanaan and Engineering up to 600, time to move on to my 92 DK as my last probable thing before we get DHs. I still have that 100 boost for...something

Managed to finish Draenor Angler last night and pick up both turtles over the course of about 4 hours.

Next on the docket are those damn Mythic Trinkets.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I can't recall, but I don't think off-hand/shield enchants had any visual effects?

I don't think they did. However with a whole new revamped system I don't see why they wont allow it. After all some of the models themselves got glow effects.

Would make it so much better visually to be able to have the cosmetic enchants show on those items.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

There's a uh, pretty significant flaw in this plan

The titans are all dead, so there is nothing to respond to Reply Code Omega.

ampere

So are the Wrath timewalking dungeons fucked up or something? Joined a group and the tank kept getting killed in two or three hits and I didn't have time to heal.

Got hit for 18k in a single attack and I have about 26k hp

They aren't tuned well right now. I've been tanking for almost 10 years and it's pretty tough to do them as a Brewmaster right now, I even have to roll out of a pack sometimes

You just got a shit tank.

Not errbody playing OP Warriors right now. Our Warrior took literally half the damage I did on a few fights in HFC last night

So is disc a secondary healer/DPS class now? Or have they just completely doubled down in their efficiency for raiding? Because I tried to heal a dungeon yesterday as a disc priest and it was an absolute nightmare, I had to swap to holy halfway through.

It's just a little un-intuitive and complicated to get used to. I find it much harder than Holy in dungeons, but in raids you have a niche that can work more smoothly.

vocab

So is disc a secondary healer/DPS class now? Or have they just completely doubled down in their efficiency for raiding? Because I tried to heal a dungeon yesterday as a disc priest and it was an absolute nightmare, I had to swap to holy halfway through.

It was like that at the start of WoD. Don't worry, you'll be solo healing mythic by the end of the expansion.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Their response could be an automated system, though. *shrug*
Check mate. Still, still you got the pilots tho. You know they are the reason it all failed in the first place.

Doing some of these WotLK timewalking and they grant better iLVL gear than heroic WoD.

Disgusting
ly awesome

MMaRsu

Banned
Should I switch from Brewmaster to Windwalker? The ability's seem better to me, and touch of death is in there. Didnt brewmasters used to have that too?

Tarazet

It was like that at the start of WoD. Don't worry, you'll be solo healing mythic by the end of the expansion.

In shit gear in the start of WoD, Disc was still better than Holy in dungeons because PW:S spam was such an efficient way to deal with random damage. If they wanted to tone it back, all they had to do was put the emphasis more on throughput and not on bubbles. But they obviously felt that would make it too much like Holy and went with another concept, so we have to live with it now.

Respect

Should I switch from Brewmaster to Windwalker? The ability's seem better to me, and touch of death is in there. Didnt brewmasters used to have that too?

Depends on what role you want to fill. WW is DPS, Brewmaster is tank. Can't speak for Brewmaster, but WW has been made easier to play compared to WoD and the nonsensical abilities are now gone.

ampere

Their response could be an automated system, though. *shrug*

Check mate. Still, still you got the pilots tho. You know they are the reason it all failed in the first place.

Some of you clearly didn't read the World of Warcraft Chronicle! Some nerds you claim to be. Some light spoilers below

"In his final act before departing, Aman'Thul commissioned the constellar Algalon the Observer to serve as the world's celestial guardian. The possibility that the world-soul could become corrupted was one the titans could not ignore. Should that come to pass, Algalon had the power to initiate a procedure that would active the Forge of Origination, purging the world of life and any corruption that was present."

This device resides in the Halls of Origination in Uldum. It was actually activated once, but had been configured to only affect Uldum's area.

Apathy

I gave no idea how we got so lucky but my guild us going to have just enough time to get every raider a archimonde mount plus have one extra to sell. No one, even our newest recruits will be left out. That feels good

Entropia

No One Remembers
Some of you clearly didn't read the World of Warcraft Chronicle! Some nerds you claim to be. Some light spoilers below

"In his final act before departing, Aman'Thul commissioned the constellar Algalon the Observer to serve as the world's celestial guardian. The possibility that the world-soul could become corrupted was one the titans could not ignore. Should that come to pass, Algalon had the power to initiate a procedure that would active the Forge of Origination, purging the world of life and any corruption that was present."

This device resides in the Halls of Origination in Uldum. It was actually activated once, but had been configured to only affect Uldum's area.

homersimpsonnerd.gif ;)

strafer

0482_jgqib.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Retcon fuckery! The actual Algalon encounter makes it clear it's a signal that goes out into space, not a trigger for anything already on Azeroth. I cede no authority!

99 on the warrior, gonna hit 100 tonight and then it's time to get transmog shit for 4 weeks

I gave no idea how we got so lucky but my guild us going to have just enough time to get every raider a archimonde mount plus have one extra to sell. No one, even our newest recruits will be left out. That feels good

oh what a coincidence i'm looking for a guild

Robin64

Retcon fuckery! The actual Algalon encounter makes it clear it's a signal that goes out into space, not a trigger for anything already on Azeroth. I cede no authority!

I guess it goes into space, gets authorised, then a signal comes back that turns the Origination Thingy on. We wouldn't have had a chance to alter the signal otherwise (though I guess what we didn't know is it would never be authorised anyway)

Tecnniqe

Banned

superman-turn-wrong.gif

I guess it goes into space, gets authorised, then a signal comes back that turns the Origination Thingy on. We wouldn't have had a chance to alter the signal otherwise (though I guess what we didn't know is it would never be authorised anyway)

Well what should have happened when it returned was this:
1389857185.gif

Wow lore hurts my head.
WC1-3 I knew what was going on. I don't even anymore.

Anoregon

what do you mean?

It was generally the end of the major plot threads still going after Warcraft 3. Cataclysm and beyond is when Blizzard actually had to largely come up with "new" stuff for expansion lore.

Lanrutcon

what do you mean?

ICC wrapped up the WC3 story arc, which had been going for ages. Hell, even BC was part of it. When Arthus fell Blizzard had to come up with something new.

And then Cata appeared and the concussive force of the entire playerbase facepalming at the same time shattered Azeroth.

Top Bottom