• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Respect

Playing through more melee classes still...don't understand how DK is appealing to people at all, other than the numbers Unholy can do. Not sure what Preach is drinking but it has to be strong.

Speaking in regards to PvP, when the UH spec was constructed right (2nd and 3rd Season of Mists), it was a fantastic spec to play. No reliance on RNG and limited burst, but it was still a very strong class.

Playing some it looks like it is heading back in that direction for Legion (with more burst now), won't really know for sure until we get pvp talents and artifact weapons though. Depending on how the numbers get it could feel very similar. Though the inability for the DK to heal their own pet as UH could be a big problem. It is going to force DK's to take the 0 CD talent, which is unfortunate because the other 2 are so much better/interesting.

Really wish the events would have launched today, but not surprised they didn't, guessing the earliest they drop will be the 10th, but I'll hold out hope for next week. Pvp is just painful right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do random wod dungeons give as much xp as panda ones? im almost 89 now with a odd random dungeon thrown in every 15 mins or so (dps queues)

Dugna

So I haven't played since vanilla, and even then my highest level was a 30 druid.

But i got a free week of gametime, and the wow bug has officially bitten me. I think i'm buying the new expansion, and obviously i have SO MUCH CONTENT to play through.

I'm torn on what to make though or use my level 100 boost on. I started a human warrior, currently level 15.

I kind of want to start a mage, but not sure what race to pick.

I think my plan is to use the boost on something i won't have trouble getting into a group for, so i can play the new content with everyone else. Still plan to use the fresh character to play through all the old stuff though.

Any tips or suggestions?

Not sure people mentioned this or if you have spent it already but, I advise lvling to 60 on the char you want to use it on first and make sure you pick profs you think you would want. The Lvl boost maxes out your profs if you use it on a 60+ lvl toon.

Fjordson

do random wod dungeons give as much xp as panda ones? im almost 89 now with a odd random dungeon thrown in every 15 mins or so (dps queues)
Not sure exactly, but it's still a decent amount.

If you have heirlooms, 90-100 goes by in a flash. I was shocked by how fast it was. I think it's because of the bonus objectives. A few of those in each zone + some quests and I blasted through those levels in no time (though I have Draenor flying which makes it a lot quicker).

Undead really get the best set of intro zones, although once you get to Arathi it gets iffy.

Yeah the whole undead leveling experience like 1-30? is fantastic especially with Silverpine and Hillsbrad.

Undead vs. Worgen is looking like it's a big part of Legion too.
Yeah, the Worgen stuff is pretty cool.

Not sure if I'm in the minority, but the Cata revamp continues to prove itself as one of the best things Blizz has done for the game imo. I'm thankful for it every time I find myself leveling an alt.

Dugna

Is the pet battle stuff worth it?

if you like pets and some money from selling rare pets then yes, but overall its a weak pokemon clone in combat and such so not worth it past that....though collecting pets is addictiing.

If you have heirlooms, 90-100 goes by in a flash. I was shocked by how fast it was. I think it's because of the bonus objectives. A few of those in each zone + some quests and I blasted through those levels in no time (though I have Draenor flying which makes it a lot quicker).

They nerfed the XP needed to lvl through WoD again with the prepatch, so its even faster. My resto druid in all BoAs on went from lvl 90 to 98 in under a day without pots, though that was also dungeon grinding but still...if you're smart you can go from 90 to 100 in 2 hours with a rapid mind pot and BoAs. All those close bonus objectives in Gorgrond and such.

th3dude

So I've been playing Ret Pally since starting again last week after a long break, but I want to also gear up to play Protection.

How can I get gear equal to or greater than my iLvl (currently like 650) for a different spec? For example, I have no shields right now.

Negator

If you enjoy collecting stuff, sure. I'm trying to finish the 600 pets achievement before Legion hits, and to say it has been a challenge is an understatement.

If you're just starting out, I believe you get a stone for each level 3 garrison that gets a pet to level 25 instantly. I started with 3 level 3 garrisons so I had a max level team starting out.

Dugna

So I've been playing Ret Pally since starting again last week after a long break, but I want to also gear up to play Protection.

How can I get gear equal to or greater than my iLvl (currently like 650) for a different spec? For example, I have no shields right now.

Timewalking, the vendors usually sell 675 gear and all you need to do to get all the pieces off the vendor is one timewalking dungeon for the item at the end and 500 emblems. WTLK timewalking is going on right now, not sure if that vendor sells weps but the TBC timewalking definitely does but that just passed by.

You can also set your loot spec to prot and run timewalking and get 660 or 665 items for your prot set, while playing as DPS.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I had the 100 heirlooms on my lock and yeah it was quite noticeable, it took me like 2 evenings to get from 90 to 100 when I resubbed last week, but I never did any random dungeon so now im wondering

I dont want to waste 15k gold on the mail (and plate for the DK after so 30k lol) on heirlooms tho

th3dude

Timewalking, the vendors usually sell 675 gear and all you need to do to get all the pieces off the vendor is one timewalking dungeon for the item at the end and 500 emblems. WTLK timewalking is going on right now, not sure if that vendor sells weps but the TBC timewalking definitely does but that just passed by.

You can also set your loot spec to prot and run timewalking and get 660 or 665 items for your prot set, while playing as DPS.

Thanks for the time walking tip. I'll check out this week's version.

But wait, you can set loot spec vs what spec you actually are? I feel like such a noob. How do you do this?

I don't know who at Blizzard thought it was a good idea to make the rear Orgrimmar gate zone straight into Azshara. There is no way to complete the intro Twilight Highlands quests as the npc you need to speak to disappears due to zoning.

Myself and two of my buddies have been leveling alts together thru WoD by just doing bonus objectives and the garrison quests and we've been breezing through levels. The ones in Nagrand drop 100k xp a pop, which is ridiculous.

I'm enjoying fire mage so much, also, does anyone else enjoy the changes? Once your crits start rolling the DPS is insane.

Onivulk

Banned
Myself and two of my buddies have been leveling alts together thru WoD by just doing bonus objectives and the garrison quests and we've been breezing through levels. The ones in Nagrand drop 100k xp a pop, which is ridiculous.

I'm enjoying fire mage so much, also, does anyone else enjoy the changes? Once your crits start rolling the DPS is insane.

I'm leveling a fire mage right now and just loving it. I'm only 82 so I don't have the biggest talents but it's so much fun.

Fjordson

Fire mage is great imo.

DUMB QUESTION: Am I doing something wrong or do I have to go back to the transmog dude every time I change a piece of gear on my body? There's no way to just save the look and reapply or whatever? I just would like to never wear helmets and I'm kind of over spending gold to turn off something that used to just be a click box.

MMaRsu

Banned
I think if I ever decided to liquidate all my rare pets it would total 300k-500k plus easy.

How did you obtain all your rare pets? Is it rng to come across one? I have been doing pet battles, I just caught a rare rabbit.

I do like buying and selling rare pets on AH, but I cant afford the really rare ones.

M.D

I was all ready to make nice profit on a Sky Golem, but then I find out the Jard's Peculiar Energy Source has a 24 hours cooldown

why the fuck blizzard

cdyhybrid

DUMB QUESTION: Am I doing something wrong or do I have to go back to the transmog dude every time I change a piece of gear on my body? There's no way to just save the look and reapply or whatever? I just would like to never wear helmets and I'm kind of over spending gold to turn off something that used to just be a click box.
Yes.

You could just get the Yak mount with the transmog vendor on it though :X

MMaRsu

Banned

What lvl is nagrand?

Rhaknar

and 90. Man, cata->panda was super fast. I think its because all the levesl need the same xp now more or less so 5 levels on each isnt the same as 10 levels on the others now, its the same as...5 levels on the others.

lso been playing BM for the last 10 levels or so, kinda really liking it now, a lot. One thing that bothers me is, and im not saying that icy veins is wrong (obviously they know alot more than my casual ass) but they vouch for chimera shot and I think its crap. the passive that makes dire beast have a initial aoe dmg is twice as much dmg as chimera shot, and youre still hitting 2 targets with it so I dont get it.

Icy Veins has chimera shot doing X% of weapon dmg, but in game it doesnt say that, it only lists the dmg. I dont know if thats how all spells are now, or if Icy Veins info is outdated, but like I just looked at both talents, and chimera shot does 1353 dmg with my lvl/gear to each target (but if its single target only 1 shot hits not both), dire beast passive aoe does 3054dmg

so...whut?

cdyhybrid

and 90. Man, cata->panda was super fast. I think its because all the levesl need the same xp now more or less so 5 levels on each isnt the same as 10 levels on the others now, its the same as...5 levels on the others.

lso been playing BM for the last 10 levels or so, kinda really liking it now, a lot. One thing that bothers me is, and im not saying that icy veins is wrong (obviously they know alot more than my casual ass) but they vouch for chimera shot and I think its crap. the passive that makes dire beast have a initial aoe dmg is twice as much dmg as chimera shot, and youre still hitting 2 targets with it so I dont get it.

Icy Veins has chimera shot doing X% of weapon dmg, but in game it doesnt say that, it only lists the dmg. I dont know if thats how all spells are now, or if Icy Veins info is outdated, but like I just looked at both talents, and chimera shot does 1353 dmg with my lvl/gear to each target (but if its single target only 1 shot hits not both), dire beast passive aoe does 3054dmg

so...whut?
Icy Veins guides are geared towards raiding, not leveling.

Mobs don't die in 5 seconds in raids, so that initial AOE is a lot less useful.

Rhaknar

Icy Veins guides are geared towards raiding, not leveling.

Mobs don't die in 5 seconds in raids, so that initial AOE is a lot less useful.

no I know that, im asking even for raiding lol, just numbers wise. what am I missing.

also barrage looks awesome and using barrage makes me have happy feelings and i will use barrage because it makes me happy

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Save an outfit and all you have to do is hit reapply when you return to a transmog place. It does not cost anything to disable helmets, cloaks, or shoulders through transmog.
The charge animation is so satisfying now, there's just so much weight to it.
Love the shout SFX they added to charge for every race/gender combo.

Now I was able to get the intro quests working and finally get on the zeppelin. Now it just despawned and left me stranded in the air above the ocean with fatigue. Best thing is I can't move. Used my hearth and I still can't move.

GG Blizz.

Save an outfit and all you have to do is hit reapply when you return to a transmog place. It does not cost anything to disable helmets, cloaks, or shoulders through transmog.

Oh, okay. So just reapplying will be free. I can handle that. Thanks!

j-wood

Not sure people mentioned this or if you have spent it already but, I advise lvling to 60 on the char you want to use it on first and make sure you pick profs you think you would want. The Lvl boost maxes out your profs if you use it on a 60+ lvl toon.

No one told me that and i literally just boosted a lvl 1 druid :(

and now I have no clue what the fuck is going on lol. It put me in my garrison in draenor, icons everywhere

ampere

Well weird I logged on today and got the achievement for the Original Collector's Edition Panda Pet.....which I don't have lol.

I saw that pop up for me also. Must be some sort of bug.

I got that as well. They could at least give me the pet too! :p

they didn't change the character profile.

It's not ready yet. "The page you're viewing is not yet available on the new World of Warcraft website. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

Dinjooh

I got that as well. They could at least give me the pet too! :p

It's not ready yet. "The page you're viewing is not yet available on the new World of Warcraft website. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

Really hope it's going to be up tomorrow or thursday. Got a guild meeting this weekend and so far I have only been able to find pictures of two members' chars:

http://emilwinther.com/wp-content/uploads/Keepers-Screensaver_1.mp4

If it doesn't go up soon I'll have to draw them in or something.

Rhaknar

fuck it got the agi mail, and also the str plate 100 heirlooms. #yolo

guess ill lvl my 90 shaman eventually as enhancement, and I still have dk/pala/war under 100 anyway so

fuck it

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm kind of... not liking anything about the new site, at least the forums. Can only see like 2 posts per screen, and the drop-down navigation to go to other sections doesn't exist/work.

fuck it got the agi mail, and also the str plate 100 heirlooms. #yolo

guess ill lvl my 90 shaman eventually as enhancement, and I still have dk/pala/war under 100 anyway so

fuck it

I would tell you to go enhance and rock a Doomhammer in Legion, but then I remembered you play Alliance and therefore don't deserve to wield such an iconic Horde weapon.

Nerokis

Being back has been nice. I'm digging leveling this human monk. Discovered that experience can be turned off just as overleveling was about to become a big problem, so now I'm running around the Redridge Mountains as a level 21, and not sure where I'll go next.

Also discovered that gold can't be transferred between factions, and this is the one Alliance character I have aside from a random Worgen, so I was feeling some financial pressure for a bit there. But it seems there's been some hardcore price inflation, and after selling some herbs, I'll be good to go for awhile.

This has been a good time. Being able to turn off experience is a game changer. Now I can mess around in dungeons, do the occasional BG, etc. without trivializing all the content around me within an hour. Also loving the new heirloom and appearance systems. It's pretty cool being able to just conjure up a healing staff when you decide you want to heal through something.

Rhaknar

I love Barrage so much that it might have just made BM my favorite spec over Surv just for that. Im a shallow motherfucker.

pewpewpewpewpew!

Tecnniqe

Banned
So hows blacksmithing looking in legion? Useful? Yay/nay?

Considering boosting it up for mogs with my 100 boost. That and Engi

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Didn't windwalker monks used to be able to wield 2h weapons? My low lvl monk can only dual wield. Did that changed with Legion?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

it is it's own thing. almost completely unrelated to WoW itself aside from being 100% inside of it. The two virtually never merge.

it IS fun to spend time with.. but I only did it now pre-legion.. I would almost certainly never prioritize it over post-legion stuff (including alts)

what got me started was getting two of the free level 25 battle stones from your garrison (one per each character), anubsith from AQ40 and ummmm...... I can't think of what my second pet was. from there I beat my was across the game and just studied up on other well rounded pets to use... or targeting specific pets for tough fights. a few of the pet store (real money) pets also work good for this.

I now have it where I can go from level 1-24 in pandaria in about 30 minutes. I think the only two "must have" pets I need are Chromius and Unborn Vykrul.. I did probably spend 40K gold on the AH though.

Top Bottom