• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

MMaRsu

Banned
leatherworking as useful as the armor professions ever are.. aka pretty useful at the beginning of the expansion but less so as the expansion moves on. this has always been the case and blizz has indicated that it will again be the case in Legion. i.e. best way to gear up a fresh level 110 will likely be crafted gear. they even removed the Unique-crafted limitation.

skinning is a tough call.. someone from beta will have to speak up. gathering professions in WOD were made nearly useless.... to the frustration of most. blizz says they recognize this and have corrected.. not sure what that means.

Thanks Borghe for all the tips :)

I started on my lvl 90 character, did quests for an hour and send all my money (600g) to my main :)

MMaRsu

Banned
Brewmasters getting shit on in Timewalking now lol

They're probably going to have to do a tuning fix for Brewmasters or less skilled players won't be able to survive much

Hey man Im a brewmaster and Im not quite liking what they did to the class :(

Granted im only lvl 75 but still

Ashodin

tabards are gross

Depends on the outfit

You gotta know how to style em

6QLMS60.gif

WE DID IT!!!! :D

Kacar

So is having double gathering profession stupid cause there is nothing to do with the blood of sargeras?

Can you only use obliterum on your own epuipped items?

I missed this news last week but they did the right thing.

Jeremy Feasel @Muffinus
.@Soeroah @EnvoyOfTheEnd @WarcraftDevs Not to worry, you will be able to acquire the glaive without needing to be a DH, thanks everyone!

Now all physical CE owners don't have to buy Legion twice to get the Glaive during the invasion.

Ashodin

Playing around my priest, can you seriously not leave shadow form anymore? That is really lame.

B͖̯ͫ̎ͥ̓ͩ́ù̹͉̼̥̪̮̔̊͐̂̂t̸̻͈ ̡̳͎̙̻ͅy̼ͮ̂ͪ̀͡ö̳̞̥͚̹ͧu̘͕̼̐ͮ̑̏̍̿ ̡̼̮̮͈̥̞̼̊̿ȧ̷̦͉̖̣̠̫ͪ̐ͤ̍͌̒rͣ̐̓̌̆ͩͦ͞ë͎̟̥̱͎͖̇͝ ̯͈͙̤̝̲̖̍̓̄͛ġ͕̪̟͚̫ͧ̇ͤ̒ͬ̇o҉͔͔̙̦̳í͖ͦṅ̇ͭ̑ͤ͗ͯg͖̣ ̤̰̰̱̺ͅi͟ň͉̀s̳͕̬͖͒ͮ̏͒̇ͩ̐͢a̜̖͑ņ̼̮̩ͭ̉̐̄̎͐̚e̫̖ͩ͂ͪ̂ͩͭ̌
͖̹̰
͓͕̳̝̳͉̾͋͡H̢̲̪̗͇͇̉ͨͅǒ̡̖̘̹͈̝ͮ́̽ͣͤw̥̮ ͎̭͙̼̏ͅe̺̓l͙͖͙̭̤͋͂ͨ̓͋s̰̪͕͖̤̺e̤̭̞͕̙͔̽͠ ̰̺ͤͮc̫̮ͣͨ͂̀̏̒͠a̜͙̯̦̙̐̃ͨͧ̎ͩn̠̪̼̬ ̨͚̮̥̩y͕̼͍̪̣̳͍ͭͮͫ͐ͩ͜o̲u͛ͩ̾͊̌̌͏̪̝̞̰ ͈̳͑̀g̬̠͇͚̮̫ͮ̊ȏ̖͕͎͂͛͆̿ ̙̮̗́ͬ̿̅ͮͭ̇ȉ̪͚͋ͭ͗͝n͌̄̍͜s̬̿aͧͨn̡̜̺̔e̗̘̿͛͑̔̋
̶̱
̘̜̜̇I̙͎͚̭̫̜̣̽ͩ͜f͖̹͇̭͙̥̐͋̓͌ ͉̠̪ͩy͌̐̿̚҉̭̯o̡̩̲̺͐͊͋ͤͅͅu̴̲͈̳͖̗͊ͩ̓̈̌̊̽ ̬̠̱̲̓̐̀ͪͭ͂d̩͗͟ǫ͎͚͎͈̝͉̌̈́̆n͔̦̪̳̯̋͑̈́̂̊ͩ̚'ͨ̎̎̅͝t̩̗͙̻ͫ̈͂ͫ͆ͣ ̥̳͌ͤk͌n͉̼̤̼̘̊͑o̳͙̻̰ͥ̓̽̈́͢w̻̫̬̑ͥ̓͋ͬ̐ ͇̲͙̣͉̼̼̀̆̐ͥ̓̃h̸̪̪̻͕̺̖̯̏̈́o͚̣͐̾ẅ̰̤̝͖́ͮ̃ ͚̻͕ͧͬ̐͌ͯ̓͛t̞̖̤ͯͭ̈́ͭ̽͆͋o̧̰̤̣̬̣̍̒ ̡͈̹̜̤̫͕̻̿s̜͎͉t̟̰̬̖e̷͔̖̙̮͚ͫͯ̃͗͆̔̚p̯̤̥͓̼̰̂͂̈́̃̚ ̷̝̩̘͐͐͑ͪ͑̃ͅḭ̻̘͓ͧͥͦ̇̉̌n̲͎̼͌͊̾t̗͔̼̥̠̗̝ͬ̒̎͆o̝̞͔̥͆̇̕ ̈́̓̓t̑̏ͤ̄ͩ͠ḩ͇̤̳́ͣ̎̒͑̉̊ĕ́ ̢̹͙ͤḏ̿̀̚ȁ҉̦̜̦̞̝͖͇r̘̲̳̫͎͉̋̄͛k̫̈́̇̒͋͛̃̀̚n͚̠̼̜ͮ̔ͪě̛̗̞̣̥̐͛͐̃͌̑s̳̹̄̍sͬͫ̑
ͪ͆ͧ҉͔̩
̨̼̗͉̀̓ͣ͑ͣA̯͔̻̋ͤ̔̓ͥ͂͟n̹̟̭̎ͥͅd͉̼͈̥̩̖̟͐̿̈́ ̘̝͈̆̂̂̆ͥ̓̒́i̢̬̖̯̠̲̣̐ͧḿ̶̖̺͙͚̿̽̒͑b̯̩̤̣͕u̲̤͗̈̋̈̊ͩͣe̛̲͍̫̭͗ͪ̒̎̾ ̮̬̲̩͗̚ͅy͋̆̾̈̈́ͮ҉̣̞̼͇o͕̥̙̖̰̟ͧ͆̇͗ͨ̐̀u̱͂r̶͆͗̒s̶̹̬̠̱̗̱̋̐͗͆ͅẽ̝̩̝̣̻̙̗l͏̜͔̬͚͇f̈̽ ̙͇̦̞̮͉̣̆̑̾͊́͐ẁ̥̭̏̎͡i̷̳̺̗͎̟̪ͨ̒̅̿̓t̙ͧ̇̀͊̑ḣ̳̪̭̱̇̋͒ ̸̦͓͑̐̆t͓̲́̊ͬͧͥ̔̄̀ḧ̛͎͓̣͙̀ͪ͐̀e̴͎̲̋ͯ̄ͣ̈͊̚ ̻̫̜̫͌̆̾͌v͆́o̮͚̞͍̩͂̓i̇̍͏̹͙͙͎̝͉̤ḋ͍̲̌͒́ͫͭͪ?̌̃ͭ̐͒҉̯̳̩̯̯̯

Strimei

Playing around my priest, can you seriously not leave shadow form anymore? That is really lame.

Yup, though you should still be able to apply the glyph to make yourself less shadow-y. I did on my shadow priest, at least.

Speaking of shadow priests, I could have sworn you erupted tentacles when you went all voidform/eruption, was that removed? I thought it a kinda neat touch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Runic Power seems like it builds WAY too fast considering the 'importance' Death Coil has for Unholy now

which is not much at all

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Runic Power seems like it builds WAY too fast considering the 'importance' Death Coil has for Unholy now

which is not much at all
It's really unsatisfying as a build/spend system. Can't think of any other melee spec that really has this problem. Obviously Unholy also has festering wound stacks it works to build and get damage off of, but you'd think there'd be something more satisfying to spend runic power on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's really unsatisfying as a build/spend system. Can't think of any other melee spec that really has this problem. Obviously Unholy also has festering wound stacks it works to build and get damage off of, but you'd think there'd be something more satisfying to spend runic power on.

With Dark Transformation on a cooldown now instead, it feels very oudated. I would say t hat Death Strike should be your only runic power generator but it would be weird to take that from Windwalker and basically give it to Unholy.

Death Coil wasn't fun to cast as a DT builder. It's extra unfun to cast as pointless filler especially when you've got Runes for days now. I get that it's an iconic spell and part of the DK's battlemage image, but they ought to just make it a gap closer and give them some kind of Frost Strike type ability instead.

dimb

Yeah...the problems with Death Coil are too numerous to count. It is the only spender but its cost does not align well to the Runic Power cap, or the builders. The numbers might as well be plucked out of thin air for RP generation/cost. Festering Strike + Clawing Shadow/Scourge Strike leaves you two short of Death Coil cast. It just doesn't feel clean. Then there's the stuff with it having no visual pop or identifier from melee despite the class being melee oriented. It does stuff but carries no impact.

Rizzi

The way you guys were talking earlier made it seem like 90-100 was this super fast experience now.
This is taking forever!

iirate

The way you guys were talking earlier made it seem like 90-100 was this super fast experience now.
This is taking forever!

If you have a strategy and a little gold to burn(for 1-2 Rapid Mind Elixirs), it can be very quick(about 2 hours, IIRC).

Ark

Does anyone know how to get the Warrior minor glyph book things? My early-morning Google-fu has failed me. I can find videos of the new animations that they add, but not how to get the books themselves.

dimb

Does anyone know how to get the Warrior minor glyph book things? My early-morning Google-fu has failed me. I can find videos of the new animations that they add, but not how to get the books themselves.
They are all listed in the text on this video: https://youtu.be/AV9oTK-1qSI
Pretty sure they are all just from Inscription, so check the AH.

phierce

Thanks.

Guess I should of checked on this earlier before i leveled them both to 700. Oh well, should be alot of gold through it still.
They also come from world quests, dungeons, raids, fishing, mob drops (if you enchant shoulders for a chance for blood to drop), etc. There are plenty of other ways to get them. No worries.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man those gorgrond bonus objectives sure give a lot of xp

One other dumb thing about the new WoW forums is that there isn't a forum breadcrumb trail/tree/whatever for navigation. You can't go back to a specific sub-forum after clicking on a post - the only option is to go to the forums landing index page.

They shouldn't have let it go live like this. Or you know, actually hire decent UX web designers. It's simply less legible and less functional, but more "stylish". Not a trade-off worth making.

Shahadan

So are the Wrath timewalking dungeons fucked up or something? Joined a group and the tank kept getting killed in two or three hits and I didn't have time to heal.

Got hit for 18k in a single attack and I have about 26k hp

cdyhybrid

One other dumb thing about the new WoW forums is that there isn't a forum breadcrumb trail/tree/whatever for navigation. You can't go back to a specific sub-forum after clicking on a post - the only option is to go to the forums landing index page.

They shouldn't have let it go live like this. Or you know, actually hire decent UX web designers. It's simply less legible and less functional, but more "stylish". Not a trade-off worth making.

Ey5DBVO.png

?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So is disc a secondary healer/DPS class now? Or have they just completely doubled down in their efficiency for raiding? Because I tried to heal a dungeon yesterday as a disc priest and it was an absolute nightmare, I had to swap to holy halfway through.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So are the Wrath timewalking dungeons fucked up or something? Joined a group and the tank kept getting killed in two or three hits and I didn't have time to heal.

Got hit for 18k in a single attack and I have about 26k hp
I feel like Legion broke some things stat wise, no way should people be struggling so much on time walking dungeons. Yes they are hard, but they shouldn't be this crazy.

Rizzi

So, bonus objectives huh? 76000 experience is a nice chunk. Considering I get like 13k for doing one quest.

Shahadan

So, bonus objectives huh? 76000 experience is a nice chunk. Considering I get like 13k for doing one quest.

You should be getting a bit more than that if you're using the xp potion from your garrison.
Also the draenor treasures everwyhere give as much as a quest when you open them

Tenebrous

LBRS & Sunken Temple cleared. Only Blackrock Depths stands between me & having every vanilla dungeon transmog in the game for my Warrior (not including daggers & bows, of course).

(Yes I farmed Dragon's Call & will farm Ironfoe).

Top Bottom