• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is leatherworking and skinning even useful anymore?

leatherworking as useful as the armor professions ever are.. aka pretty useful at the beginning of the expansion but less so as the expansion moves on. this has always been the case and blizz has indicated that it will again be the case in Legion. i.e. best way to gear up a fresh level 110 will likely be crafted gear. they even removed the Unique-crafted limitation.

skinning is a tough call.. someone from beta will have to speak up. gathering professions in WOD were made nearly useless.... to the frustration of most. blizz says they recognize this and have corrected.. not sure what that means.

Ashodin

awww yeah this week I get the legendary ring! Finally I get A legendary.

And more slow grind toward Shadowmourne yay

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what goes with engineering? mining I guess?

HowZatOZ

Banned
Ret is cool, you just have to make sure you are using the Crusade talent the best you can, while balancing that Judgment debuff. More to think about now than previously where it was "press whatever button is pressable".
It is exactly that right now, except you also have to auto attack in between cooldowns because you've only got three abilities to use. And when you actually can use your holy power abilities it's only one before you go back to the same three buttons which are still on cooldown.

I love the idea of ret paladin's judgement being used as a holy damage increased but right now it just isn't working.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So hows blacksmithing looking in legion? Useful? Yay/nay?

Considering boosting it up for mogs with my 100 boost. That and Engi

Is leatherworking and skinning even useful anymore?

Every profession in legion is useful in some way.

Didn't windwalker monks used to be able to wield 2h weapons? My low lvl monk can only dual wield. Did that changed with Legion?

Yes, they are 1h dual wield only.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Welp that pit of saron timewalking was a real shitshow.

Shit. I was hoping WOTLK stuff would be less impacted by the 7.0 changes than TBC timewalking was, due to the dungeons themselves generally being easier.

Jag

Shit. I was hoping WOTLK stuff would be less impacted by the 7.0 changes than TBC timewalking was, due to the dungeons themselves generally being easier.

PoS has always been a pain. The last boss is the worst because people don't understand that you can easily kill the tank when you get the debuff. It is almost the only mechanic in all of timewalking that you have to really understand and it's wiped most groups I've been in on it even when I explain it to them.

Frankly my alt geared tanks are struggling in the Wrath TW dungeons right now ( I run 5 tank alts). Not sure if it is me or the healers :D

biaxident

Those wrath 232 dungeons were so good, difficulty jump was so huge considering how faceroll the normal heroics were. Not surprised people have trouble timewalking them, they were pretty tough. Excited about legion adding dungeons later on. Grand expedition yak worth it? I don't have any vendor mount yet.

Jag

Those wrath 232 dungeons were so good, difficulty jump was so huge considering how faceroll the normal heroics were. Not surprised people have trouble timewalking them, they were pretty tough. Excited about legion adding dungeons later on. Grand expedition yak worth it? I don't have any vendor mount yet.

Love my Yak. If you have the cash, it's the best mount.

AC3CreE.gif

legion = GOAT

Concept17

All my characters are low level as I just came back, but a few things I've noticed.

MM Hunters are so boring. This was my most played spec (years and years ago) and now they are just mindless and seem to do less damage than the other 2 specs. Do they get better at higher levels?

BM Hunters feel like what hunters should always have felt like. A nice blend of ranged and utilizing their pets in a meaningful way.

Surv Hunters just feel like weak warriors, and not really like a "Hunter" at all. I wish the spec was more of a blend of ranged/melee. (maybe it is later on?)

Why is Aspect of the Cheetah on a 3 minute CD? Compared to the monk, the hunter feels soooo immobile.

WW Monk has been my favorite class so far, but why did they get rid of Jab? (I think that's what it was called) I miss that nice quick animation of quickly whipping out your weapon.

Balance druids are amazing in BGs so far. No idea otherwise, but very fun to play.

Elemental Shaman's look and play nicer, but seem really weak, is this true in later levels?

How did you obtain all your rare pets? Is it rng to come across one? I have been doing pet battles, I just caught a rare rabbit.

I do like buying and selling rare pets on AH, but I cant afford the really rare ones.

Well they're not the pets you catch. Most of those can't be sold. Mostly rare raid pets that I acquired one way or another in current content.

I was all ready to make nice profit on a Sky Golem, but then I find out the Jard's Peculiar Energy Source has a 24 hours cooldown

why the fuck blizzard

That's the whole point lol. Would be nigh worthless otherwise.

Fularu

Banned
I'm still butthurt I only killed Archimonde after 7.0 was released despite several sub 10% attempts.

Meh At least I have done it and can move on with my life and pray I get one of the next 4 mounts.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
MM Hunters are so boring. This was my most played spec (years and years ago) and now they are just mindless and seem to do less damage than the other 2 specs. Do they get better at higher levels?
Marksman is definitely tracking on the high side of all specs when it comes to DPS. Lots of this relates to Sidewinders though so maybe it doesn't kick in until you're higher level? Dunno.
Why is Aspect of the Cheetah on a 3 minute CD? Compared to the monk, the hunter feels soooo immobile.
Hunters have long had excessive mobility for the relative safety offered to them. Where they are at now seems more reasonable.
WW Monk has been my favorite class so far, but why did they get rid of Jab? (I think that's what it was called) I miss that nice quick animation of quickly whipping out your weapon.
Jab is not needed as a builder because Monks have that with Tiger Palm already. Also, "Jab" never made any sense when the word is so commonly associated with a hit from the fist.
Elemental Shaman's look and play nicer, but seem really weak, is this true in later levels?
Have not played them at low levels but they do not feel weak at all at 100. Can't imagine them having a very hard time leveling.

Ashodin

Most of my mobility problems as a Ret Paladin (that they took away) are solved with Charger + Engineering.

Which is how it should be imo. If you want extra options, your professions should matter and give you an advantage. I feel like being an engineer feels worth it for all the porting, movement, and extra convenience.

Concept17

Marksman is definitely tracking on the high side of all specs when it comes to DPS. Lots of this relates to Sidewinders though so maybe it doesn't kick in until you're higher level? Dunno.

Hunters have long had excessive mobility for the relative safety offered to them. Where they are at now seems more reasonable.

Jab is not needed as a builder because Monks have that with Tiger Palm already. Also, "Jab" never made any sense when the word is so commonly associated with a hit from the fist.

Have not played them at low levels but they do not feel weak at all at 100. Can't imagine them having a very hard time leveling.

Yeah seems like most classes play completely different at max level.

I miss the old mobility of Hunters. =\

I miss Jab only for the animation and that nice feedback it gave.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i need to do a different path than I did on my lock or ill go nuts. im 93 now, almost 94 so I fucked off shadowmoon to gorgrond, see if I do that fast. What level was nagrand?

I got to 100 on the lock midway through taladar so would rather see some later zones this time around, especially since im also going to be doing the DK (at least) before Legion

oh and btw now I remember why I didnt do wod random dungeons on the lock last week, you need ilvl for them >_>

Ashodin

I still need to roll my Frost DK up to 100 because I heard Frost is sick as hell as a playstyle now. I'm just sad about losing 2H Frost.

Ark

Managed to get the epic sea turtle today, and this is what my garrison looked like after a few hours of 'leading' a fishing a raid, haha.

Now that I've got over 200 coins, it's time to get back to farming lunkers for Nat Pagle rep.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Weird. My client just gave me this notification
We are in the process of releasing a service update which may impact your ability to log in. If you are currently unable to log in, please try again soon.
:eek:

=(

ampere

Managed to get the epic sea turtle today, and this is what my garrison looked like after a few hours of 'leading' a fishing a raid, haha.

Now that I've got over 200 coins, it's time to get back to farming lunkers for Nat Pagle rep.

Next expac: Revenge of the Murlocs

Re: Ret Pally

Mine seem to be pulling decent numbers (ilvl 718). Whenever I'm running a LFR for the hell of it, I'm usually near the top, in Mythic dungeons I'm pulling my weight ans usually doing more damage than DPS with similar ilvl's (except Marksmanship Hunter's) ... I don't see what people are moaning about. 2 charges of Crusade and Blade of Wrath gimme dat Holy Power, Judgment for the debuff and I spent my Holy Power upside the mobs face. Rinse and repeat. Throw in a Justicar's Vengeance when Divine Purpose pops it's head up.

Yes it's not as easy as it was in WoD, but I don't have a problem with it at all.

biaxident

i need to do a different path than I did on my lock or ill go nuts. im 93 now, almost 94 so I fucked off shadowmoon to gorgrond, see if I do that fast. What level was nagrand?

I got to 100 on the lock midway through taladar so would rather see some later zones this time around, especially since im also going to be doing the DK (at least) before Legion

oh and btw now I remember why I didnt do wod random dungeons on the lock last week, you need ilvl for them >_>

I love me some Spires of Arak, plus they get a 20% xp boost from one of the outposts.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Lei Shen wasn't fixed this week. Blerg. Still no Skyscreamer

In other news, I redid my DK tranmsog

nCnNpzK.png

Top Bottom