• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok it's 11 am pst wtf.

I hate WoW sometimes. Half the available playtime I've had since Saturday (when I reupped) has been fucking maintenance.

yacobod

Banned
SyNapSe said:
so today there will be a new daily bg quest correct? I hope it's not WSG :\ i may just level an alt if that's the case

eye of the storm is the daily today

tbh i would rather do wsg than eots

bengraven

What lvls are the new Duskwallow Marsh quests? Could my lvl 25 do some?

yacobod said:
apparantely the start date for arena season 3 is pushed back to november 27th :(

Oh that sucks. :( Not because I care about Arena, but because one of my best friends has been grinding out honor before Season 3 comes out and hasn't had time to help out the guild...now he's going to want to have another week.

He won't even talk to us. Douche bag...

bengraven said:
What lvls are the new Duskwallow Marsh quests? Could my lvl 25 do some?

Oh that sucks. :( Not because I care about Arena, but because one of my best friends has been grinding out honor before Season 3 comes out and hasn't had time to help out the guild...now he's going to want to have another week.

He won't even talk to us. Douche bag...

Common sense says gkick =)

bengraven

BloodElfHunter said:
Common sense says gkick =)

:lol Like I said, he's one of my real life best friends, so I deal with it. I could just really use his help. I've been on my last few levels until 70 for months now and want someone to blitz me through the last three.

bengraven said:
:lol Like I said, he's one of my real life best friends, so I deal with it. I could just really use his help. I've been on my last few levels until 70 for months now and want someone to blitz me through the last three.
Best friends dont ignore each other all day for a game =)

Ramirez

BloodElfHunter said:
Best friends dont ignore each other all day for a game =)

I've played with my best RL friend since the game released, and I'm pretty positive either one us would tell the other to fuck off if we were asking for a 3 level zerg in Outland. :lol Outland quests are fun, why would you want to zerg it?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Has anyone else noticed that flight paths are a lot quicker than they used to be? I go to take a piss after I have to fly from Orgrimmar to Camp T and I'm almost there by the time I come back. Beforehand I'd have just flown over Crossroads.

Eric P

speedpop said:
Has anyone else noticed that flight paths are a lot quicker than they used to be? I go to take a piss after I have to fly from Orgrimmar to Camp T and I'm almost there by the time I come back. Beforehand I'd have just flown over Crossroads.

i did notice that.

i also noticed that the boats now tilt when they turn

that's a nice touch

SyNapSe

yacobod said:
eye of the storm is the daily today

tbh i would rather do wsg than eots

I actually had WSG as my daily yesterday. It must be somewhat random for different people? We 3-0'd on the first one which is nigh amazing. Apparently the dailies have pulled some of the better players back into PUG groups just trying to get them done.

Why does it tell you that you can only complete 9 more daily quests today? I don't see any way to complete more than 3. The BG quest, normal dungeon, heroic dungeon.

Twig

Banned
SyNapSe said:
I actually had WSG as my daily yesterday. It must be somewhat random for different people? We 3-0'd on the first one which is nigh amazing. Apparently the dailies have pulled some of the better players back into PUG groups just trying to get them done.

Why does it tell you that you can only complete 9 more daily quests today? I don't see any way to complete more than 3. The BG quest, normal dungeon, heroic dungeon.
O:

There is also a cooking daily quest, and daily quests from Ogri'la, the Skyguard, and the Netherwing. Plus the holiday things seem to have daily quests now (Brewfest and Halloween did).

Well over 10.

yacobod

Banned
its funny any equally geared healing class can now handle warriors in duels pretty easily now with the dmg change

probably the weakest i've felt as a warrior 1v1 in duels in a long long time

SyNapSe

I think the healing change is a sweet change. Now if they could just find a way to make prot warriors and Paladins more effective in PvP people could really choose a role they enjoyed and stick with it.

speedpop

Also.. zeppelins now arrive 2 mins quicker than usual.

Also... the "inn" music at The Sepulcher is awesome. Screams to me Forsaken when I hear it :D

firex

oh shit. I forgot they buffed low level instance drops so that they're all blues now... I got an awesome weapon upgrade when I ran SFK.

low level instances are worth doing again!

Anyone else fairly annoyed about heroics post patch? Now that people actually want badges, and people want the mad gold from dailies, it's become quite difficult for me to find a group with any sort of speed. Not being a part of the holy trinity (Or really, holy trinity now with shadow priest friend) makes things kinda annoying. Whereas before patch I could find mech/ub runs as often as I felt like looking.

Also ZA being 10 man and not 15-20 is just fucking annoying. Half of what made ZG so fun was being able to tackle it after mind numbing 40 mans were over and it being 10 man makes people have to focus more and screws with tank distribution.

speedpop

firex said:
low level instances are worth doing again!
No kidding. I ran WC awhile back just to finish up the quests and get some exp (a whole bar and a half worth) and our Priest in the group couldn't handle it. Every time we cleared a boss the mouth of surprise would open up :lol

It'd be interesting to see what those with twinks think of it. Some weapons seem to be much more powerful than the typical twink junk.

firex

yeah. I still think it's crazy seeing all the old named guys that were mostly crap now dropping very nice blues. I mean, the first fanglord in WC went from dropping crap white leather shoulders to very nice blues with a ton of agi on them.

and it's funny, the butcher guy in SFK drops arguably the best level 19 twink rogue sword now. the new fang set from WC is godly. I want to run it a bunch and get that stuff, because stats-wise it's awesome for rogue/shaman/feral druid, and the set bonuses are the same now (except the +staff is now that new expertise junk) so it's ideal for enhance shamans since they can take advantage of the +nature damage and +damage/healing in addition to the other stats.

bengraven

firex said:
yeah. I still think it's crazy seeing all the old named guys that were mostly crap now dropping very nice blues. I mean, the first fanglord in WC went from dropping crap white leather shoulders to very nice blues with a ton of agi on them.

and it's funny, the butcher guy in SFK drops arguably the best level 19 twink rogue sword now. the new fang set from WC is godly. I want to run it a bunch and get that stuff, because stats-wise it's awesome for rogue/shaman/feral druid, and the set bonuses are the same now (except the +staff is now that new expertise junk) so it's ideal for enhance shamans since they can take advantage of the +nature damage and +damage/healing in addition to the other stats.

I'm really going to have to run my twink through WC again. It's so hard to find decent gear at this level and I was trying to get the Fang set for her anyway.

Also.. zeppelins now arrive 2 mins quicker than usual.

Also... the "inn" music at The Sepulcher is awesome. Screams to me Forsaken when I hear it

New music? Wow, I wonder if this is a prelude and sneak peek at the Forsaken city in Northrend...

Borys

Banned
Ramirez said:
I started the day at midway through 44, and ended over halfway to 49...I didn't even really quest hardcore or anything, this buff is awesome! :)

Hey, weren't you supposed to leave WoW a long time ago?

I guess WoW is really like crack :lol

RiskyChris said:
just installed WoW for the first time in 2 years, this is bad.

This is bad. This is bad. This is bad. This is bad. This is bad.

Fuck.

Why am I doing this!

This is indeed bad :lol

speedpop

bengraven said:
New music? Wow, I wonder if this is a prelude and sneak peek at the Forsaken city in Northrend...
That's what I thought as well when I heard it. It's a very nice tune, a mix-mash of Human and Blood Elf but add a shitload of despair.

Ramirez

Borys said:
Hey, weren't you supposed to leave WoW a long time ago?

I guess WoW is really like crack :lol

I've quit about 3 different times, take about 4-5 months off...I would have never came back if it weren't for this leveling buff. :p

border

So far I am surprised to see that the Horde has taken to the new Alterac Valley like a duck to water. Which is weird, since it used to be like pulling teeth to get anyone to defend anything.....now we are winning matches where the allies can't even capture Frostwolf.

One match today we got 676 bonus honor and the allies got 0. They didn't get a single tower, didn't even kill Galvangar. In terms of "Honor per hour" I don't think the match was that profitable, but it felt good to put such a huge burn on the allies that were insistent on turtling Stonehearth Graveyard at the outset (even as we road past and ninja'ed Stormpike and the bunkers). I'd be furious to spend 40 minutes in there and not get a single point of bonus honor. They kept Stonehearth for the whole game, but it would appear there is now no honor given for graveyards retained at the end of the game.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
I'm sticking to 61-69 EotS for this weekend with my 69 UD rogue. There's no resilience in the 61-69 slot so it's much easier to kill people as a rogue and considering how under geared i'd be against 70s it's ane asy choice. I just got done doing two EotS runs in 20-25mins and got 1000 honor +dily pvp. I'm currently specced combat but subtley looks tempting with the new buffs.

Here's what it costs for gladiator's set + MH + OH and veteran's pieces

130,000 honor
90 x AB
50 x AV
50 WSG
80 x EotS

Alex

I killed Kael and I've entirely ceased raiding now, the raid game just isn't as appealing as it was as with Naxx at 60.

Since all I do are BG's and arenas and the small dungeons now, I think it's time to finally suck it up and go Horde. I'll probably just have an Undead Rogue/Priest combo made. I've been playing really casual lately so this will be fun

What? Really? Are you serious?

Charge -> Hamstring ->Bloodrage -> Mortal Strike -> Intercept -> Execute is challenging?

Obviously poorly geared people speaking of battlegrounds; always the most opinionated yet least knowledgeable about class balance. I hate to sound snarky, but that's such a stupid Blizzard forum arguement; ala has no place in reality.

I'd say a high end Warrior in a good arena is probably second or third in interactivity, the class has MISERABLE sustained damage with how 2H trees work combined with the Rage model VS resilence and has to abandon all utility to use it's defenses. Warriors are a glorified Swiss Army knife of a class, they provide the utility for everyone else to do their job, not the other way around.

Giving bluebies with no resil hell in Battlegrounds if you have two healers shoved up your rear end and can just sit in Berserker doesn't count as class potency.

Rogue is easily the first... an excellent Frost Mage is probably about the same, although a lot of their problems is simply dealing with mana and that's Blizzards fault.

There's a really, really fine line between an excellent frost Mage who knows how to manage all their timers and homogenize them with the opponents timers and one who just pops the attack order they see in some arena video.

A good Frost can nullify almost all Warrior potency on them, an average one can just survive. I don't think I once had to drop a half heal on ours last week. Our team was so tacky last season but so great now.

Ripclawe

Banned
border said:
So far I am surprised to see that the Horde has taken to the new Alterac Valley like a duck to water. Which is weird, since it used to be like pulling teeth to get anyone to defend anything.....now we are winning matches where the allies can't even capture Frostwolf.

One match today we got 676 bonus honor and the allies got 0. They didn't get a single tower, didn't even kill Galvangar. In terms of "Honor per hour" I don't think the match was that profitable, but it felt good to put such a huge burn on the allies that were insistent on turtling Stonehearth Graveyard at the outset (even as we road past and ninja'ed Stormpike and the bunkers). I'd be furious to spend 40 minutes in there and not get a single point of bonus honor. They kept Stonehearth for the whole game, but it would appear there is now no honor given for graveyards retained at the end of the game.

The changes in the AV scoring now favors the horde because the map is a disadvantage for alliance. Our bunkers at the beginning are too spread out, the GYs are too far out, no way to defend them effectively unlike the horde down south. If you get stuck behind icewing forget, it becomes a free kill zone.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=2387.msg22270;topicseen#new

Blizzard is going to watch AV after the recent changes closely. They may make additional changes, but they want to see how things play out for a bit and everyone adjusts. (Source)

Hero

Alex said:
Obviously poorly geared people speaking of battlegrounds; always the most opinionated yet least knowledgeable about class balance. I hate to sound snarky, but that's such a stupid Blizzard forum arguement; ala has no place in reality.

I'd say a high end Warrior in a good arena is probably second or third in interactivity, the class has MISERABLE sustained damage with how 2H trees work combined with the Rage model VS resilence and has to abandon all utility to use it's defenses. Warriors are a glorified Swiss Army knife of a class, they provide the utility for everyone else to do their job, not the other way around.

Giving bluebies with no resil hell in Battlegrounds if you have two healers shoved up your rear end and can just sit in Berserker doesn't count as class potency.

Rogue is easily the first... an excellent Frost Mage is probably about the same, although a lot of their problems is simply dealing with mana and that's Blizzards fault.

There's a really, really fine line between an excellent frost Mage who knows how to manage all their timers and homogenize them with the opponents timers and one who just pops the attack order they see in some arena video.

A good Frost can nullify almost all Warrior potency on them, an average one can just survive. I don't think I once had to drop a half heal on ours last week. Our team was so tacky last season but so great now.

I like people like you who only spout off useless counter dribble without taking acount for concrete facts. The warrior class is the most overrepresented DPS class in high end arena PVP and there's a reason for that, because they are the most powerful scaling class in PVP.

You state that frost mages are supposedly to be godly, and while they are great in 1v1 encounters against a lot of classes they have weaknesses as well but the primary thing concerned with frost mages is that they do not have a powerful debuff like Mortal Strike.

I have played a rogue for over two years now and I have both raided and extensively PVPed with him and the rogue class is in sad shape. You think resilience is bad for warriors but you act like it didn't hamper the rogue class? The entire purpose of the rogue class is supposed to be BURST DPS and resilience is the ANTI BURST DPS. Any rogue who PVPed pre-TBC would've laughed their asses off if someone told them that combat spec would be the premier spec for high end PVP after the expansion came out. The reason for that is PVP is now about sustained damage.

Melee should benefit from sustained fights in the manner that they don't have to worry about running out of mana. But the difference is that a rogue's survivability, utility, and burst DPS relies on cooldowns, which except for Cloak of Shadows, are all way too long based around the old World of Warcraft model. Warriors don't have to worry about that since their biggest mobility cooldown (Intercept) is now 15 seconds when talented and with the PVP gear bonus.

Rogue's sprint: 3 1/2 minutes talented : 15 seconds of increased movement speed, talented will break snare on use but snares and roots may be reapplied
Warrior's intercept: 15 seconds talented/geared : guarenteed to close the distance between warrior and their target, stuns target, ignores snares and roots.

Energy is so static that its overall value diminishes as they level. Rage scales with gear so the more damage you do the more rage you get allowing you to do even more damage.

Don't even get me started on Rogue finishers and how crappy they are compared to their lvl 60 pre-TBC versions.

yacobod

Banned
Hero said:
I like people like you who only spout off useless counter dribble without taking acount for concrete facts. The warrior class is the most overrepresented DPS class in high end arena PVP and there's a reason for that, because they are the most powerful scaling class in PVP.

You state that frost mages are supposedly to be godly, and while they are great in 1v1 encounters against a lot of classes they have weaknesses as well but the primary thing concerned with frost mages is that they do not have a powerful debuff like Mortal Strike.

I have played a rogue for over two years now and I have both raided and extensively PVPed with him and the rogue class is in sad shape. You think resilience is bad for warriors but you act like it didn't hamper the rogue class? The entire purpose of the rogue class is supposed to be BURST DPS and resilience is the ANTI BURST DPS. Any rogue who PVPed pre-TBC would've laughed their asses off if someone told them that combat spec would be the premier spec for high end PVP after the expansion came out. The reason for that is PVP is now about sustained damage.

Melee should benefit from sustained fights in the manner that they don't have to worry about running out of mana. But the difference is that a rogue's survivability, utility, and burst DPS relies on cooldowns, which except for Cloak of Shadows, are all way too long based around the old World of Warcraft model. Warriors don't have to worry about that since their biggest mobility cooldown (Intercept) is now 15 seconds when talented and with the PVP gear bonus.

Rogue's sprint: 3 1/2 minutes talented : 15 seconds of increased movement speed, talented will break snare on use but snares and roots may be reapplied
Warrior's intercept: 15 seconds talented/geared : guarenteed to close the distance between warrior and their target, stuns target, ignores snares and roots.

Energy is so static that its overall value diminishes as they level. Rage scales with gear so the more damage you do the more rage you get allowing you to do even more damage.

Don't even get me started on Rogue finishers and how crappy they are compared to their lvl 60 pre-TBC versions.

um rogues are good in pvp now imo

at least in 2v2, 3v3, they are highly represented

they might be the best 1v1 class atm

not sure what is wrong with rogues, maybe you need to l2p, or maybe get some s2/s3 maces and go AR/Prep like everyone and their brother

cuz rogues dont suck

like when i play 2v2, 3v3 arena in the 2-2.2k lvls, we face a lot of priest/rogue teams in 2s, and holy trinity teams in 3s, a lot of rogues are very successful in arena, so idk man

Hero

yacobod said:
um rogues are good in pvp now imo

at least in 2v2, 3v3, they are highly represented

they might be the best 1v1 class atm

not sure what is wrong with rogues, maybe you need to l2p, or maybe get some s2/s3 maces and go AR/Prep like everyone and their brother

cuz rogues dont suck

like when i play 2v2, 3v3 arena in the 2-2.2k lvls, we face a lot of priest/rogue teams in 2s, and holy trinity teams in 3s, a lot of rogues are very successful in arena, so idk man
While certain setups in the smaller brackets can be successful with a rogue/priest/s.priest/lock, they still do not match the sheer volume of warrior/XhealerX teams you will find in the top of most battlegrounds. I am not saying you won't find certain niche rogue teams scattered about.

You say rogues are good in pvp now? Do you even have a lvl 70 rogue? I would gladly trade my S2 merciless rogue for a s2 merciless warrior. I guarentee you if you even attempted to play a rogue in arena PVP you would kill yourself at realizing how poor the class is overall.

I know how to play, thank you. I also have S2 maces and switched over to AR/prep since it's FOTM and probably will be the only viable 2v2 / 3v3 spec.

border

Ripclawe said:
The changes in the AV scoring now favors the horde because the map is a disadvantage for alliance. Our bunkers at the beginning are too spread out, the GYs are too far out, no way to defend them effectively unlike the horde down south. If you get stuck behind icewing forget, it becomes a free kill zone.
Maybe if Alliance hadn't had the Bridge of Doom working in their favor for 3 years now, I might feel the slightest pang of sympathy :lol

I dunno about map layout anyway -- it's not that hard to recapture a bunker, it's just difficult to actually get 3-4 people together to do what they are supposed to. We routinely leave only 2 people guarding a bunker while it caps, and rarely do groups even show up to challenge us. When they have it has been rough.

I was figuring AV would become a battle-of-the-bunkers, but for the most part both teams still want to rush to the other side of the map.

speedpop

border said:
Maybe if Alliance hadn't had the Bridge of Doom working in their favor for 3 years now, I might feel the slightest pang of sympathy :lol
:lol

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm keen to try out the new AV but the little Orc Shaman dubbed Mushroom is taking up most of my time.

bengraven

Finally quit my drama-soaked guild and I feel damn good.

Of course, I was literally five minutes from getting kicked out. Seemed the guild leader has been waiting a few months to be actually playing at the same time as me so he could announce it to the rest of the guild and call me out like a witch trial. Very douche move and my final fuck you to him was most of the guild leaving to join our newly formed guild. This guild leader now wants to quit the server in disgust! :lol

Hero

yacobod said:
your massive QQ would indicate otherwise

If your class had anywhere near the problems that rogues did you would QQ. I like how you didn't even bother to try to refute any of my points I made in my last post. Sadly, WoW is in such a state that despite skill and gear you can only take a class so far in high end arena. Almost all the famous top end rogues have either quit or been rerolling for a reason. Don't you have a warrior yourself? I don't expect you to understand a class having problems.

yacobod

Banned
Hero said:
If your class had anywhere near the problems that rogues did you would QQ. I like how you didn't even bother to try to refute any of my points I made in my last post. Sadly, WoW is in such a state that despite skill and gear you can only take a class so far in high end arena. Almost all the famous top end rogues have either quit or been rerolling for a reason. Don't you have a warrior yourself? I don't expect you to understand a class having problems.

ok i'm pretty lazy but now i'm going to have to refute you whining

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Neilyo
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Happyminty
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Zotto

here are some of the top rogues in the BG9, bloodlust

look at neilyo's 2v2 team, he has a 90% winning % at a 2300+ rating on a reroll or new team

if you want to checkout the top teams in 2v2, 3v3 arena in this battlegroup, you will find tons of rogue teams in the top 100 of each of those brackets

in 2v2
rogue/priest
rogue/mage
rogue/lock
rogue/spriest

are all strong teams

in 3v3
rogue/priest/mage
rogue/priest/warlock

are very strong

you are claiming that rogues arent strong in arena, when the proof is in the pooding, the ppl who QQ the most usually are the ones that need to L2P

also for fun

http://www.gameriot.com/blogs/World-of-Ming/Rogue-Finally-The-Strongest-Class-of-TBC/

Ming said:
I am not sure how long this will last, I don't even know whether the new hemo will make it to the final patch, but as of now, I firmly believe rogue is the strongest class in TBC. The AR/prep build with 125% weapon damage, +36 debuff hemo once supplemented by full AP gear of season 3 is enough to defeat any class in the game, and it is the strongest arena spec in all three brackets, a dramatic upgrade over season 2's combat mace and combat mutilate.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.warcry.com/articles/view...t-Interview-with-Lead-Designer-Jeffrey-Kaplan

WarCry: The death knight is being billed as a tank/dps (damage per second) hybrid. How do you see them fitting into raids alongside protection warriors, feral druids, and protection paladins?

Jeffrey Kaplan: We made some really good strides in The Burning Crusade to improve the feral druid as a hybrid tank/dps class. That will be the general direction we'll be looking to go with the death knight. Obviously, the protection warrior is in a good place in terms of dungeon and raid tanking. And the protection paladin is hands-down the best multi-target tank. Of course, there's always room for improvement, but you can see the general direction the tanking classes are headed. While all of these classes are capable of fulfilling similar roles, they offer very different abilities and playstyles.

yacobod

Banned
BloodElfHunter said:
Don't quote Ming if you ever want to be taken seriously.

i agree that he is a tool, but rogues are not gimped, and are heavily represented at 2000+ in arenas, so i dont understand how they are gimped

i dont know how Hero thinks otherwise

Hero

yacobod said:
ok i'm pretty lazy but now i'm going to have to refute you whining

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Neilyo
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Happyminty
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Zotto

here are some of the top rogues in the BG9, bloodlust

look at neilyo's 2v2 team, he has a 90% winning % at a 2300+ rating on a reroll or new team

if you want to checkout the top teams in 2v2, 3v3 arena in this battlegroup, you will find tons of rogue teams in the top 100 of each of those brackets

in 2v2
rogue/priest
rogue/mage
rogue/lock
rogue/spriest

are all strong teams

in 3v3
rogue/priest/mage
rogue/priest/warlock

are very strong

you are claiming that rogues arent strong in arena, when the proof is in the pooding, the ppl who QQ the most usually are the ones that need to L2P

How dumb can a person get? Seriously? Let me quote MYSELF:
While certain setups in the smaller brackets can be successful with a rogue/priest/s.priest/lock, they still do not match the sheer volume of warrior/XhealerX teams you will find in the top of most battlegrounds. I am not saying you won't find certain niche rogue teams scattered about.
While certain setups in the smaller brackets can be successful with a rogue/priest/s.priest/lock
I am not saying you won't find certain niche rogue teams scattered about.

You keep concentrating on the 2v2/3v3 bracket when I'm pointing out the fact that rogues can only succeed in the smaller brackets and aren't highly desirable or competitive in 5v5. No matter how many teams you look at I guarentee you are going to find more warrior/paladin combos in 5v5s because they have longevity.
also for fun

Also, please don't quote Ming. While he's a pretty good PVP rogue, 90% of the shit he spews from his mouth is garbage. Dig out his posts from when TBC first came out and he said rogues would be a top contender in all brackets and then after the season was over he ignored every thread where other rogues called him out to stop touting himself as the rogue PVP god.

border

Bad day in AV -- I think the daily quest brought us a bunch of useless dum-dums. At least that's what I'm praying has happened. No amount of begging and pleading could get those idiots off the road to Stormpike -- takes them 10 minutes to move forward 10 yards, then another 10 minutes to lose 10 yards.

All the while they are whittling us down because the idiots on the front lines have shit for gear. So even Allies couldn't cap more than 1-2 towers anywhere, they eventually get us under 100 points when they have only 24 reinforcements left. They kill Galvangar and win the 50-minute-long match. Christ, what frustration.

yacobod

Banned
Hero said:
when I'm pointing out the fact that rogues can only succeed in the smaller brackets and aren't highly desirable or competitive in 5v5

well not really on topic, but paladin healers are only good in 5v5, paladins are behind druids and priests in 2v2 and 3v3 arenas, kinda like the opposite of your rogue "plight"

well my point was that rogues are good and viable in arena, while you have been saying otherwise, none of your replies on this subject have had any merit, you either answer with an insult or a QQ

you continue to claim that rogues are only successful in niche or random setups in 2v2 or 3v3, while i find that they are one of the most represented classes in those brackets, when i play 2v2 on a given night, i face far more rogue teams than i play warrior + healer teams, i listed several popular rogue set ups in 2s and 3s, maybe if you are having problems you should try playing a cookie cutter team or w/e

2v2 bracket isnt the most balanced, i'll admit that much, warrior + healer teams usually walk all over rogue + healer, rock meets scissors, sorry bro

try rogue + warlock or rogue + spriest, which are both very hard comps for warrior + healer

and rogues are quite viable in 5v5 in 4 dps teams, they usually replace the warrior slot on such teams

something like this setup

pally/rogue/ua lock/elemental shaman/spriest (or some variation)

let me dig up some top teams running 4 dps with rogues

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info....e+Fallen+Angels&select=The+Fallen+Angels&fl=1

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info.xml?r=Tichondrius&ts=5&t=Big+Naturals&select=Big+Naturals&fl=1

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info....Hippo+with+a+Gun&select=Hippo+with+a+Gun&fl=1

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info....5&t=Tick+tick+BOOM&select=Tick+tick+BOOM&fl=1

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info....hotbabyelephants&select=hotbabyelephants&fl=1

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info.xml?r=Tichondrius&ts=5&t=Power+Trlp&select=Power+Trlp&fl=1

these teams are all top 60, and should qualify for gladiator, all run rogues, and thats not every team in the top 60 with rogues, this was just a quick scan on the armory, there are probably a few more, so w/e

Hero

yacobod said:
well not really on topic, but paladin healers are only good in 5v5, paladins are behind druids and priests in 2v2 and 3v3 arenas, kinda like the opposite of your rogue "plight"

well my point was that rogues are good and viable in arena, while you have been saying otherwise, none of your replies on this subject have had any merit, you either answer with an insult or a QQ

you continue to claim that rogues are only successful in niche or random setups in 2v2 or 3v3, while i find that they are one of the most represented classes in those brackets, when i play 2v2 on a given night, i face far more rogue teams than i play warrior + healer teams, i listed several popular rogue set ups in 2s and 3s, maybe if you are having problems you should try playing a cookie cutter team or w/e

2v2 bracket isnt the most balanced, i'll admit that much, warrior + healer teams usually walk all over rogue + healer, rock meets scissors, sorry bro

try rogue + warlock or rogue + spriest, which are both very hard comps for warrior + healer

WHY? Why do you continue to talk about 2v2 and 3v3 when I have already acknowledged that rogues can find certain team combinations that can perform well?
and rogues are quite viable in 5v5 in 4 dps teams, they usually replace the warrior slot on such teams

something like this setup

pally/rogue/ua lock/elemental shaman/spriest (or some variation)

let me dig up some top teams running 4 dps with rogues

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info....e+Fallen+Angels&select=The+Fallen+Angels&fl=1

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info.xml?r=Tichondrius&ts=5&t=Big+Naturals&select=Big+Naturals&fl=1

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info....Hippo+with+a+Gun&select=Hippo+with+a+Gun&fl=1

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info....5&t=Tick+tick+BOOM&select=Tick+tick+BOOM&fl=1

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info....hotbabyelephants&select=hotbabyelephants&fl=1

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info.xml?r=Tichondrius&ts=5&t=Power+Trlp&select=Power+Trlp&fl=1

these teams are all top 60, and should qualify for gladiator, all run rogues, and thats not every team in the top 60 with rogues, this was just a quick scan on the armory, there are probably a few more, so w/e

I know about 4dps instagib teams. They are a specialty team that unfortunately has a lot of weaknesses that other teams take advantage of now and are no longer as efficient as they were in the beginning and middle of season two.

I like how the first team you linked, while being ranked 6th, the rogue has 0 games played for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom