• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
JESUS! I am getting rocked since they upped the damage of mobs... I'm getting hit for 2900-3000'ish

You won't be able to power through, jesus..

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
traveler said:
Login music!

http://www.wow.com/2010/08/13/cataclysm-beta-login-screen-music/

Sounds like they're keeping the old stuff mixed in with the new. Glad to hear Invincible represented- it's probably the single best piece of music I've heard in any of their games.

Very nice epic music. But 12 minutes? Most people will only hear the first 20-30 secs of it. What a waste.

edit : Well, i guess they WILL hear all of it when they will be 5000 in the queue for logging to their server on day 1.

Entropia

No One Remembers
30ieuc4.jpg

Archaeology title!

J-Rzez

Sounds like they put a bit more effort into the quality of the music as a whole this time around. I'm impressed.

Heh, 5000g to learn 310 flying if you didn't get it yet. People are already upset over that. Now do you have to have met prior riding requirements? Or is it the new "epic" flying? If you have to have the 280 flying first, it can get pricey for alts I suppose.

Ashodin

J-Rzez said:
Sounds like they put a bit more effort into the quality of the music as a whole this time around. I'm impressed.

Heh, 5000g to learn 310 flying if you didn't get it yet. People are already upset over that. Now do you have to have met prior riding requirements? Or is it the new "epic" flying? If you have to have the 280 flying first, it can get pricey for alts I suppose.
Gotta have both brah. 10k for 310% speed.

J-Rzez said:

What'd I tell everyone in this thread 2 months ago!? I said I bet it's going to be 5k to train the damn thing and you all blew me off like I was insane!

I can predict the future! Gnome Paladins for everyone!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Deepholm Spoiler...
Milhouse Manastorm is back, and he is a villain! Turns out we SHOULDN'T have helped him in The Arcatraz! He appears in The Stonecore as well, but according to the current achievement he isn't a boss...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
J-Rzez said:

5k? That's it? :lol

markot

Banned
Entropia said:
Deepholm Spoiler...
Milhouse Manastorm is back, and he is a villain! Turns out we SHOULDN'T have helped him in The Arcatraz! He appears in The Stonecore as well, but according to the current achievement he isn't a boss...
But a goody two shoes Nauru told you to help him!

Hmph. Blizz hates gnomes anyways...

LowParry

Lore question that I can't seem to find. I believe it was the take over of Under City, where Thrall and Sylvanas join up to re-take Under City. In the end before being ported out, there was mention of a "master" and another voice. I can't remember who that was or what the significance of that bit was.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Few more changes:

ibgpom.jpg

Shaman get Concentration Aura

ws1fn5.jpg

Change to the Hit rating interface, shows you your % against levels of mobs. I approve.

J-Rzez

Maxrpg said:
Gotta have both brah. 10k for 310% speed.

Well, that's covered on my DK already. I may get my farmadin it in a guild run before Cata for people who want the faster mount speed on their alts. My Rogue has 280 already, good enough for "zapthrottle" mote farming.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
CcrooK said:
Lore question that I can't seem to find. I believe it was the take over of Under City, where Thrall and Sylvanas join up to re-take Under City. In the end before being ported out, there was mention of a "master" and another voice. I can't remember who that was or what the significance of that bit was.
It's been too long since I did that quest on my Shaman, but I believe it is in relation to the master of Varimathras.

Entropia

No One Remembers
HarryDemeanor said:
Good news everyone! Relics have stats!

That was sarcasm right?

When they first brought in relics, I thought the unique bonuses they brought was a tad lame. But then as they get better and more viable, I realized they're fun, unique and awesome. Now that they're nothing more than a stat spot... I don't like it. :\

Edit: Atleast I can reforge the stats.

2po3au0.jpg

LowParry

speedpop said:
It's been too long since I did that quest on my Shaman, but I believe it is in relation to the master of Varimathras.

Ah, I found the transcript. Although, who was the "master" anyway?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
No idea. I'm sure there might be a theory or three in Scrolls of Lore, but I haven't checked that site for a while since everyone seemed to denounce Cairne dying and Magni Bronzebeard "dying" as a ruse and then having it blow up in their faces when the beta arrived.

Entropia

No One Remembers
CcrooK said:

It could be:http://www.wowwiki.com/Mephistroth

Ashodin

I am assuming it's Mal'Ganis. He shows up briefly in Icecrown, and I am assuming he is plotting behind the scenes.

Though it very may well be Sargeras.

Lesath said:
You should check out some of the other revamped tracks on World of Raids. They're amazing.

Actually I think I'll wait till I can hear them in the game.

Music and sounds are very important for me. I practically think it was a large part of why I loved Halo 1 so much... The music is just mindblowing, and enhances everything, if applied right.
This intro music... The worst part about it is that you dont wanna log-in, so you can hear the ending, which is the best part.

Everyone: Are any of you affraid, that while all these new changes will be really great, that it will be a real chore once you have to go to outland, which has had no changes at all?
I mean... do you think it will actually look like outland is inferior to 1-60 now, in quests, music and such?

the story is also what concerns me... we're actually going into the past when we go to outland and northrend. in old azeroth, illadin and arthas has been defeated, but once you level up to those zones, its not so!

I know it's impossible, for them to also redo outland and northrend. thats asking too much, but I wonder if they will use some sort of storytelling to explain, why your doing things in the past, or how it will work...

Lesath

Vigilant Walrus said:
Everyone: Are any of you affraid, that while all these new changes will be really great, that it will be a real chore once you have to go to outland, which has had no changes at all?
I mean... do you think it will actually look like outland is inferior to 1-60 now, in quests, music and such?

the story is also what concerns me... we're actually going into the past when we go to outland and northrend. in old azeroth, illadin and arthas has been defeated, but once you level up to those zones, its not so!

I know it's impossible, for them to also redo outland and northrend. thats asking too much, but I wonder if they will use some sort of storytelling to explain, why your doing things in the past, or how it will work...

We'll just have to suspend disbelief. I've leveled so many toons that 1-60 will be a refreshing change, and 60-80 will be an accustomed chore. Personally, it's no big deal.

J-Rzez said:

5000g will be nothing in the expansion due to gold inflation. Hell, my account is sitting on about 90k gold right now and that was just from alchemy transmutes and dailies.

Vigilant Walrus said:
Actually I think I'll wait till I can hear them in the game.

Music and sounds are very important for me. I practically think it was a large part of why I loved Halo 1 so much... The music is just mindblowing, and enhances everything, if applied right.
This intro music... The worst part about it is that you dont wanna log-in, so you can hear the ending, which is the best part.

Hopefully the reduce the xp needed for 60-70 grind again and reduce the 70-80 grind

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
traveler said:
Login music!

http://www.wow.com/2010/08/13/cataclysm-beta-login-screen-music/

Sounds like they're keeping the old stuff mixed in with the new. Glad to hear Invincible represented- it's probably the single best piece of music I've heard in any of their games.
I'm a big fan of their log in music and I can say I'm impressed. It should've started at 1:44 though. That's when the tears came...

markot

Banned
UnblessedSoul said:
I'm pretty sure that isn't the log in music, 12 minutes long? I think it is for something totally different, who knows
The wotlk one is 9 minutes long.

TBC was like 4 minutes.

Lesath said:
We'll just have to suspend disbelief. I've leveled so many toons that 1-60 will be a refreshing change, and 60-80 will be an accustomed chore. Personally, it's no big deal.

How do you think it will be for people who have never seen 60-80?

DO you think it 60-80 will feel like weaksauce or will it be awesome for them?

I mean they could do something like time travel, when you go through the dark portal, you get "teleported" back to the crazy events, or a time loop, or yeah something...

Retro

notworksafe said:
Am I the only one who plays with music off after about 20 minutes?

Nope. I try every once in a while to turn it back on and I end up having to shut it off. It's too repetitive, what they need to do is have the music change based on what you're doing. Aion tried it but it was far too drastic of a change; the music kind of needs to shift into different tones and tempos, not change completely.

Like everything else in MMOs, though, evolution is slow to come, if at all.

notworksafe

I turn it on for epic events...like the first time going into Northrend or the Lich King fight (until about the 5th wipe when I said fuck it). Other than that, I just would rather listen to my own music or a podcast. FFXI had really good music though. I stuck with that stuff longer than most games.

itxaka

Defeatist
As the northrend loading screen shows the lich king is no longer arthas. But will it be possible to kill him on cata? Will he still be there or they will move the story forward?

Tacitus_

itxaka said:
As the northrend loading screen shows the lich king is no longer arthas. But will it be possible to kill him on cata? Will he still be there or they will move the story forward?

Go check out how Illidan is doing. Maybe he'll let you hold his legendaries.

notworksafe

The one to do ASAP is Molten Core. Something tells me Blizzard won't be keeping it around once Rag heads over to Hyjal. Or maybe Executus will get a promotion...

Tacitus_

notworksafe said:
The one to do ASAP is Molten Core. Something tells me Blizzard won't be keeping it around once Rag heads over to Hyjal. Or maybe Executus will get a promotion...

I _think_ I remember them saying they wouldn't get rid of the old instances but they would feel so weird being in the game. ZG is becoming a quest zone and Raggy + Nef & Ony are getting new instances.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
UnblessedSoul said:
I'm pretty sure that isn't the log in music, 12 minutes long? I think it is for something totally different, who knows
It's definitely the log in screen.

Also, your avatar contains MASSIVE fucking spoilers. It's not even a good avatar so I don't know why even risk getting flamed like this.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yoshichan said:
It's definitely the log in screen.

Also, your avatar contains MASSIVE fucking spoilers. It's not even a good avatar so I don't know why even risk getting flamed like this.

What? Itachi died years ago. Everyone who follow Naruto knows about it. =/

By the way, i like that they changed some of the old world musics. Some of them really needed it.

Rapstah

Have the changes to Stockade been posted anywhere yet? I just played it, and apart from the instance geometry, with the two corridors and all the rooms, it was completely different. Will do small write-up if need arises.

Yoshichan

It's finally time to buy an authenticator... problem: I live in Sweden but play on US servers.

Which authenticator should I buy? US version or EU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom