• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

Yoshichan said:
It's finally time to buy an authenticator... problem: I live in Sweden but play on US servers.

Which authenticator should I buy? US version or EU?
Are you talking about a physical authenticator, the iPhone version or the generic cell phone version?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rapstah said:
Are you talking about a physical authenticator, the iPhone version or the generic cell phone version?
Physical authenticator.
notworksafe said:
US authenticator for US servers/accounts
Here's a problem then, because whenever I try buying something from US stores they say they can't ship it to Sweden... any idea what I should do?

J-Rzez

funkmastergeneral said:
5000g will be nothing in the expansion due to gold inflation. Hell, my account is sitting on about 90k gold right now and that was just from alchemy transmutes and dailies.

How much more can it really inflate though? I mean, maybe selling quest rewards and random drops may net you a couple gold more, but I wouldn't expect it to go up that much.

Not everyone plays the AH, dailies, and prof game. I'd wager the majority of people actually don't have anywhere near that. I know I don't do any of that, and I'm sitting just around 25k. Which, I have a feeling I'll be blowing through at the start with mats, enchants, item enhancement stuff come Cata launch. Hell, I know people in my guild, and in game, that just roll around with 3000g tops. :lol

Luckily, I won't have to buy 310 on my DK, but I'd like it on my Rogue and Pally (Rogue has 280, Pally has 150 lol).

notworksafe

Yoshichan said:
Physical authenticator.

Here's a problem then, because whenever I try buying something from US stores they say they can't ship it to Sweden... any idea what I should do?
Oh sheesh, Blizzard. You may have to get someone you know in the US to order one and ship it to you. Though I would double check with Blizzard's customer service that it's supposed to work that way before you do that.

EDIT: After looking over the Authenticator info it seems they are all the same, and they are just broken down by shipping region. So you should be okay with a Euro authenticator.

EDIT 2: A Blue confirms. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25968670306&sid=1

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
notworksafe said:
Oh sheesh, Blizzard. You may have to get someone you know in the US to order one and ship it to you. Though I would double check with Blizzard's customer service that it's supposed to work that way before you do that.

EDIT: After looking over the Authenticator info it seems they are all the same, and they are just broken down by shipping region. So you should be okay with a Euro authenticator.

EDIT 2: A Blue confirms. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25968670306&sid=1
I love you man, thanks a lot! Buying from EU then :D

Yoshichan

wat

6s3ou.jpg

Kite

So I'm bored in Iraq looking for something to do besides college classes and lurking on neogaf and made the mistake of trying out one of those 10 day WoW trials.. and now I'm playing a game where everyone has more gear, money and knowledge and apparently soon all the lowbie areas I'm running around in is going to be effed up? Lovely.

Because of the 1k-2k ping I get playing out here, I've found that the pet classes do well and the rest are mostly unplayable. I have a lvl 22 blood elf warlock and a 35 night elf hunter and both are enjoyable. Drain Tanking is hella fun, but it seems like at my low level I don't have the gear to really do it well yet. And hunter is fun to play but I really dislike how night elves look, I'm gonna reroll or maybe pay money and do the change race thing to Draenei. I'm sure other races have better bonuses and I'll be labled a noob, but damn the older models look so.. dated. Oh well, anyone have any general tips on leveling as a warlock or hunter?

Rapstah

Kite said:
So I'm bored in Iraq looking for something to do besides college classes and lurking on neogaf and made the mistake of trying out one of those 10 day WoW trials.. and now I'm playing a game where everyone has more gear, money and knowledge and apparently soon all the lowbie areas I'm running around in is going to be effed up? Lovely.

Because of the 1k-2k ping I get playing out here, I've found that the pet classes do well and the rest are mostly unplayable. I have a lvl 22 blood elf warlock and a 35 night elf hunter and both are enjoyable. Drain Tanking is hella fun, but it seems like at my low level I don't have the gear to really do it well yet. And hunter is fun to play but I really dislike how night elves look, I'm gonna reroll or maybe pay money and do the change race thing to Draenei. I'm sure other races have better bonuses and I'll be labled a noob, but damn the older models look so.. dated. Oh well, anyone have any general tips on leveling as a warlock or hunter?
Pick the talent tree that improves your pet. Beast Mastery for hunters and Demonology for warlocks. I have no downtime at 70 with my very old warlock character.

I just listened through the voice files for various Horde events in Cataclysm. Damn, some cool stuff going on there. Very few Alliance events so far though, hopefully more to come. Varian doesn't come off as a total jerk yet.

Weenerz

Banned
They changed the area where you first encounter Malfurion in Mount Hyjal, looks neat.

Malfurion Stormrage in-game
6fv8sz.jpg

Baron Geddon in Hyjal
ny5h61.jpg

Archimonde's Vengeance
28ibxnq.jpg

Entropia

No One Remembers
After going through Deepholm after the recent changes of upping mobs health/damage, I don't see a point in raiding anymore. The gear we have has to be replaced due to the amount of stamina you get from quesitng..

Cipherr

shintoki said:
5k? That's it? :lol

Seriously. Must be rocking like 150k across all my toons by now, the game has stagnated, theres literally nothing else to do but amass money. Im kinda miffed its so cheap, I have a lot of useless money now, Ill be able to get all my alts 310 quite cheaper than I expected.

And then again those of us who haven't been gathering money hardcore for 2 years have about 3k across characters and desperately saving up to get another alt through college... I mean, onto an epic flyer.

I made a tour across Lordaeron for a second time since the beginning of beta. Silverpine is awesome now, loads of setpieces and a handy bus going around to easy travel. Hillsbrad is completely exploited by the Forsaken now, plague carts wherever you turn. Eastern Plaguelands have also updated, there is a new Argent Crusade tower and LHC has a brand new statue of Tirion in it. I also noticed that the chapel itself has been rebuilt and that the old Naxx event, former Scarlet Crusade people have moved out. Not far though, they're overseeing Tyr's Hand where everyone is now undead. "Brotherhood of the Light", pah, I know Scarlet scum when I see them...

Yoshichan

BIG RANT INCOMING, IGNORE IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO QUOTE AND SAY "BUBU, YOU GET OOM SO GO ROLL AOE PRIEST LAWL"

I don't think I've ever had as much terrible experience with WoW as today. First day in Cata beta with my resto druid... I can't believe how much they've ruined them. I don't even know where to start anymore.

Nourish, same cast time as Healing Touch, which is INSANELY slow (2.33 cast @ 800 haste rating). Healing Touch costs like 1400 mana.

Wild Growth, now 10 sec CD, costs like 2 fucking 000 mana (from previously 800~).

Regrowth costs 1600 now (from previous 850).

Tree of Life, 5 minute cooldown, 45 seconds active, much worse overall healing than 3.3 and you run 50% slower.

I went inside an instance and I had so much trouble healing it's not even funny. This was harder than ICC25 Heroic. I tried all kinds of rotation set ups but nothing works. When people start dropping health all over the place, I can never catch up with them because Nourish is extremely slow now. Rejuvenation combined with Regrowth and Wild Growth costs A LOT if you want to HoT everyone up.

There's no chance we can do anything if a boss decideds to AoE the whole group for 90% of their health. Nothing. Our HoTs are not up, healing touch will get us OoM, Nourish isn't even worth it because of the slow ass cast time, tree of life is probably on cooldown already, wild growth doesn't heal for shit in Cata (everyone has like 60k health), and Lifebloom talents are all broken and costs a ridiculous amount at the moment. Before we know it, if the boss hasn't killed us all yet, I'm most likely Oom by the time I've healed up everyone.

I've seen beta phases of many, many classes in my days. One of them being the infamous titan's grip-deal, but resto druid in 4.0 takes the cake. This is an absolute outrage and if Blizzard doesn't do anything about it, I guess I'll just pick my 2H axe and go back to arms warrior. Two years of development time with druids for this? No thanks.

RANT IS OVER

Other than that, the graphics are excellent. The best looking MMORPG out there. Orgrimmar looks FANTASTIC and the sunbeams, along with Vash and the second instance is incredible in all possible ways.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Welcome to the plight of healing as a Shaman where you go OOM in style!

And before people begin to throw accusations, both my Shaman and Druid are Resto and I have a strange fascination towards finally pushing my mid-40s Priest up and rolling a Paladin in Cataclysm.

That said, Blizzard did state that they were changing the mechanics of the healing game for this expansion towards having it similar in approach to how a Shaman has to heal i.e. OOM all the time. It's going to be funny when people will want to run instances asap and there will be no healers because it's turned into such an annoying facet of the game. The first few weeks of the random dungeon finder will be looooong queues for all tanks and DPS I think.

Yoshichan

I understand if Blizzard wants to change the whole mechanics of the game but two questions, the first one being how holy priests and paladins are affected by this. I haven't done much healing research in Cataclysm besides Resto Druids, but how are they getting the same treatment?

Second question, Blizzard told us they're giving every gear the same amount of health. Which obviously means everyone in a group or raid will have like 85-95k buffed. How in holy are we supposed to keep up with that, especially since we go Oom faster than anything else at the moment?

It's going to be an insane trip and I really, really don't want to participate in it. Funny, I created a druid mostly because of Cataclysm and here I am, regretting all of it in a single day.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
speedpop said:
Welcome to the plight of healing as a Shaman where you go OOM in style!

And before people begin to throw accusations, both my Shaman and Druid are Resto and I have a strange fascination towards finally pushing my mid-40s Priest up and rolling a Paladin in Cataclysm.

That said, Blizzard did state that they were changing the mechanics of the healing game for this expansion towards having it similar in approach to how a Shaman has to heal i.e. OOM all the time. It's going to be funny when people will want to run instances asap and there will be no healers because it's turned into such an annoying facet of the game. The first few weeks of the random dungeon finder will be looooong queues for all tanks and DPS I think.

Eh? I've only been doing 5 mans with my resto shaman so far but i rarely go OOM. Unless you were talking about the raids...

Alex

Passes for values on spells will be the last thing to be done, at least if it's anything like prior betas. It's not surprising that spell values are totally out of whack, don't assume your class is alone on the problems.

There's no real point in terms of fine tuning them until the constant patches and the the non-stop downpour of class changes cease.

I wish I could get a beta invite, but I haven't subbed for a year so I don't exactly feel entitled either heh. The other MMO I was greatly looking forward to, well, I'm no longer in the least, so I'm really eager to see the huge wave of change first hand. Hopefully I'll nab an invite once they start opening the flood gates more towards the later periods.

Is Silithus getting any decent kind of a revision to warrant new music? I've not been there since we stopped running AQ40... Even when I leveled up new characters I'd always avoid it then head to Hellfire.

Alex said:
Passes for values on spells will be the last thing to be done, at least if it's anything like prior betas. It's not surprising that spell values are totally out of whack, don't assume your class is alone on the problems.

There's no real point in terms of fine tuning them until the constant patches and the the non-stop downpour of class changes cease.

I wish I could get a beta invite, but I haven't subbed for a year so I don't exactly feel entitled either heh. The other MMO I was greatly looking forward to, well, I'm no longer in the least, so I'm really eager to see the huge wave of change first hand. Hopefully I'll nab an invite once they start opening the flood gates more towards the later periods.

Is Silithus getting any decent kind of a revision to warrant new music? I've not been there since we stopped running AQ40... Even when I leveled up new characters I'd always avoid it then head to Hellfire.

yup , sounds pretty fitting to me.

http://www.muziboo.com/leviathon4/music/silithus/

J-Rzez

SuperAndroid17 said:
Why didnt ICC have epic music? It had complete shit music, in terms of epicness/vocal ambience.

The music of the game lacked. Very few stellar tracks. Now though, these new tunes show that they got serious listening to people's complaints on the music, and raised the quality of it. It actually gives me hope about the rest of the quality of things come this xpac. These new tracks are great.

CcrooK said:
If I play this, I'll probably switch my main to either a DK frost tank or Worg warrior tank.

Like HATTyboy said, it's Blood tanks or nothing. Trees are redone so ALL tanking talents for DK's are in blood tree, which was the best raid tank anyways.

Ashodin

Just makes yours truly happy - my Belf DK was always in love with the 2H Frost spec when Wrath came out. Now I can do it again! :D

LowParry

J-Rzez said:
Like HATTyboy said, it's Blood tanks or nothing. Trees are redone so ALL tanking talents for DK's are in blood tree, which was the best raid tank anyways.

Ah okay, haven't really looked into the changes going on. Good to know.

markot

Banned
Gnome part was better >_<

Pull Deathwing out of the sun and throw him to Kalimdor >.>!

Love the ending of the orcs though, seeing the giant gnomes head walk by, hehe..

CassSept

A hot babe :lol
Flying motorcycle :lol
The ending was perfect too.

Downloading the new build at the moment, are there any pre-requirements for this chain? I'd love to see it with my own eyes:lol
This seems like a really major build. And we finally get to hear login screen theme, which is even better. At least that's something they're constant with.
I love how gunship fight theme is here. This will probably become Illidari Walk Hero 09 of WotLK. Uldu Antechamber at the end is a nice touch.

markot

Banned
Not really, the music is in the game files but not in the game. Plus they didnt open new zones or anything.

And you just have to go up to them in badlands and you can do the quest, Dwarf > Gnome > Orc.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Mutagenic said:
I'm looking for a legit guide to power leveling, if someone has one they strongly suggest.
The only decent guide to power leveling is doing it yourself via Jame's leveling guides and the addons. Apparently WoW-Pro have fine-tuned it and pumped it all out as a proper addon now.

markot

Banned
Hmm... Why are all the scarlet dudes in tyrs still scarlet but all undead >_<?

>.>

And why did they get rid of the nicer water effects? There is no reflection anymores....

Foresaken are taking over all of hilsbrad pretty much, turned that farming area near the silverpine border into 'sludge fields' looks like a farm/prison camp >.> looks cool actually, using it to grow mushrooms...

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
speedpop said:
The only decent guide to power leveling is doing it yourself via Jame's leveling guides and the addons. Apparently WoW-Pro have fine-tuned it and pumped it all out as a proper addon now.
Thanks, downloaded and installed. By the way, I had no idea I could keep mashing the attack button and have battles play out twice as fast. Is this new?

CassSept

Bawwwww. Hyjal is bugged :( In the current build you can't progress past Tortolla/Aviana part :/ A shame too since the zone is great. Oh well, Vashj'ir time.

PS. The whole "The Day that Deathwing came" chain is awesome.
Punching Deathwing in the face?
Running around as few hundred meters tall gnome looking through clouds? Grabbing Deathwing from sun and throwing him to Kalimdor?
Shweeeeeeet

Kweh

Moonkin Form
We've had a lot of discussions about Moonkin form, as you might guess. We know opinions range among the player base from "cut it" to "make me stay in my adorable form all the time." At first we were trying to make it more of an option, so that cuddly-hating Balance druids could choose the spec without the shapeshift. After much discussion though, we're going to go back to a Balance druid = Moonkin Form design. We'll put some more damage into the Moonkin Form.

Well that's very disappointing :(
Was debating whether to to main my druid or warlock come Cataclysm, even though the new Balance system looks good, the Moonkin form is a major downer for me.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
markot said:
When I'm attacking in bear form or with my staff, if I mash attack it'll play twice as fast. Or maybe the game starts freaking out and makes it appear it's happening faster. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom