• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst movie of 2021?

Worst movie of 2021?

• Total voters
bad movies endless trash GIF

The year's almost up and we've had a deluge of terrible movies this year. For the poll, I picked the worst movies I've personally seen this year as well as some of the worst reviewed movies of the year, but I may have missed something. Feel free to mention whatever I missed.

Up to 3 votes each since there's been so many bad movies this year and I refuse to believe you've only seen one.

My bottom three:
Black Widow - Possibly the worst MCU movie. I can usually turn off my brain for MCU movies but this one felt like I needed a lobotomy to enjoy it
Matrix Resurrections - Yet another terrible sequel in a series that should have never been a series. I can go into greater detail but there are dedicated threads for that trainwreck at the moment.
Free Guy - Literally unwatchable for me. I can usually stomach bad movies to their conclusion, but between Ryan Reynold's limited acting range (he acts the same in every movie I've ever seen him in), the writing aimed at teenage gamers, and Disney's nauseating amount of cross-promotional crap... I just couldn't finish it. Had to tap out after 30 minutes.

I'm sure Space Jam would be in my bottom 3 as well if I saw it, but I made the wise choice to skip that stinker.

Edit: added Army of the Dead and increased the amount of votes to three, because it was accidentally set to two. My mistake!
Edit2: Added Halloween Kills. Keep in mind it's possible to change votes if you like

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Venom 2 was a movie made by, and enjoyed by, morons. Eternals was deadly fucking dull, factory produced, shallow bullshit… again only liked by morons. I’m either ambivalent on the rest or haven’t wasted my time watching them.

Can we have a best movies of 2021 poll as well please? Because The Green Knight was a thing that needs celebrating.

Also, The Batman will be regarded as the best movie of 2022 by most people. I have foreseen it, my children.

Last edited:

Rival

Gold Member
I didn’t see most of those movies but I did watch Space Jam and Black Widow and they were god awful. I’m sure Matrix will be awful as well.

Batiman

Banned
I’ll put free guy as the worst. What made it worse were the people recommending it to me like it was so funny. I laughed maybe once. Getting bored of Ryan Reynolds now. Knock off Jim Carey

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
That Resident Evil movie nobody wanted sounds pretty horrendous.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Black Widow and Free Guy are easy contenders, but Venom: Let There Be Carnage takes the shitcake.
Ask us about TV shows next? :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Out of the ones I've seen, Tomorrow War got my vote.

The plot is just pure nonsense. Easily one of the most nonsensical plots in movie history.

Army of the Dead came a close second.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
No option to select all. That's just me, not a fan of modern almost completely cinema, recycled stories and endless reboots.

I didn’t get an option to vote, I guess I’m too much of a noob, but, my invisible vote is for Halloween Kills, so, it’s really 2 lol

Fbh

That I actually saw, probably Mortal Kombat.

Not the worst thing ever but the fighting was bad, the visuals were bad, the story was bad even for Mortal Kombat standards and they screwed up by focusing on some new made up character instead of any of the established ones.
The opening sequence was pretty cool though. They should have made it a revenge story focused on Scorpion, Hiroyuki Sanada was great in the role.

Great Hair

Banned
This has to be worst shit put on film, have not watched it and have no intention to change that. Venom 2 was bad, boring , but thunderforce is definitely way worse.

Last edited:

StargazerXL

Happily, I haven't seen most of these "films." Unfortunately, I did see "Coming 2 America" and "Thunder Force" and yes they were quite dire.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Halloween Kills. Such a let down. Just plain boring and stupid as fuck

Army of the Dead is a close second. It was almost a so bad it's good movie, but Snyder was being fucking earnest it seems and not going for laughs.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

I heard halloween kills is straight awful so I ended up skipping it. Chaos walking gets my vote, had a good premise but just not good

Lanrutcon

Fuck you for reminding me about that Mortal Kombat movie.

I had completely forgotten it.

I'D COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN IT.

teezzy

Banned
I watched Godzilla vs King Kong yesterday which i believe dropped this year... that was lame

Didn't see a single one on the list though

Top Bottom