• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst out of place sh*t in video games?

Facism

6it7ISM.jpg

that company name and logo are sex-offender to the max. Christ.

Three

I think it's actually a good thing.

This is exactly how media was before wokeness took over.

Writing should be 100% unfiltered for these kinds of games.

Many people in real life have racist tendencies, so it's only normal that authentic characters have them too.
This was passed through the Sweet Baby Inc filter. Had it been racist in any other way it wouldn't make the cut.

Hudo

surely-there-will-be-civilised-and-well-mannered-people-in-v0-g6m5rcofkixb1.jpg
In Alan Wake 2 when Saga suddenly says that she won't let another white male dictate her life. I was like WTF 😳
Found :
Yeah, I found that line weird as hell. And it would've been much more natural, imho, if she'd just said "Another asshole deciding what I get to do, how I get to do it"

Raven117

For me its Yakuza/Like a Dragon series

I know they're loved but the over the top silliness does not go with the super serious story thats going on, if they were left to just be side quests, thats no issue, go for it, the problem is when they intergrate it into the main quest, for example the last game had close to 5 hours of silly side quests that you HAD to do to progress the story (Dondoko Island and the Sujimon stuff)

Judgement and especially Lost Judgement handled this so so much better
Lol… dude that’s the charm. And it’s awesome.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
I think it's actually a good thing.

This is exactly how media was before wokeness took over.

Writing should be 100% unfiltered for these kinds of games.

Many people in real life have racist tendencies, so it's only normal that authentic characters have them too.
But it's not "unfiltered." It's filtered in one consistent direction, constantly.

hinch7

What political preaching?
When they have agenda's to push and constantly shoving it in our faces. On-the-nose DEI and all that shennanigans. Not everyone cares for political stances and movements, and we're basically forced to sit through it if you start some of the mini games in SM2. As if we don't get enough of that in life lol.

I wouldn't care if it was subtle and fit in the game.. but the ones in there are far from that.

Last edited:

MAtgS

When they have agenda's to push and constantly shoving it in our faces. On-the-nose DEI and all that shennanigans. Not everyone cares for political stances and movements, and we're basically forced to sit through it if you start some of the mini games in SM2. As if we don't get enough of that in life lol.

I wouldn't care if it was subtle and fit in the game.. but the ones in there are far from that.
Gotcha, you're a bigoted asshole. Duly noted.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
How was that out of place? It makes perfect sense to the plot and their history as characters.

Owen is like a hard 7 out of 10, he could pull better bitches than Abby even in the apocalypse, and he's characterized as a himbo manslu-errr contemporary polygamous gentleman, so it doesn't matter how many scales you have in game that change readouts when you stand on them - Naughty Dog lost all realism there.

Those maze sequences in Operation Stealth - completely ruined the flow. The jet skiing too.

Space Quest 3 pulled the same bullshit come to think of it.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
that company name and logo are sex-offender to the max. Christ.
Now that you say that, it weirdly reminds me of Mr Swirl..

Is that why they used it inside a baby? Who the fuck knows. Just get these parasitic twats away from anything artistic. They're a leech on creativity.

xrnzaaas

I was always triggered how Lara communicated with everyone in English in Shadow of the Tomb Raider instead of using their native languages. That's really out of place even if you consider that inhabitants of the Hidden City could technically learn English.

Top Bottom