• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst takes on Elden Ring from youtube

Bartski

Gold Member
So after beating the game I've been finally checking what the internet has to say about it.

As the biggest thing of now every gaming youtuber wants a piece of it, and as expected, not everyone seems to be doing well handling it.

Here are some top worst takes I've seen so far.

This is not satire.... or is it?

SeraphJan

I presume OP just searched keyword such as "Elden Ring sucks"?

None of these Youtuber have big enough sub or view count to have the discoverability for you to find them before finding hundreds if not thousands of videos praising Elden Ring.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Who cares though?

I'm the biggest fan of Risk of Rain, Slay the Spire, etc but if 99% of the world wants to dunk on those games then it's not going to take any enjoyment away from me.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
ok I get it, this might have not been my best thread idea ever. I thought some of it was rather funny. L8r!

Thread backfire

homer simpson episode 10 GIF

teezzy

Banned
Personally, I dont think I have the amount of free time needed to dedicate to a game like Elden Ring

It's difficult and I'm not skilled enough of a gamer.

That doesn't make it a bad game, just maybe not one which is best suited for me.

I also am not the biggest fan of an open world "go anywhere" type of vibe. I prefer more story and structure.

Had the same issues with games like BotW, Minecraft, Animal Crossing, etc

I enjoy an open world, but need more story and less lore. Witcher 3, RDR2, Dragon Quest Builders 2, etc... all much more my speed

I'd like to spend more time with Elden Ring though. Hopefully I can grow as a "gamer" *shrug*

Graciaus

The game does not suck I don't even need to click any of those. If you don't like it don't play it.

Also lol at needing an easy mode. I solo cleared 99% of the game by myself. Made a second character and used an ash this time. Game is easy as hell with a distraction. As they say: "git gud, scrub"

kingfey

Banned
"Yeah elden ring sucks.You die alot and alot. Enemies basically kill you nonstop. This game is bad"

Isn't that what games supposed to do? Basically stop you from reaching the ending?

I remember getting killed nonstop in splinter cell games, and basically blowing my cover nonstop. Did that stop me from playing the game?

People who have these notion, don't want to play games at all. They want easy mode, which they can brag on.
Then go and bitch about how easy the game is.

To those people
sorry not sorry middle finger GIF

ok I get it, this might have not been my best thread idea ever. I thought some of it was rather funny. L8r!
Page 1 and 2 in any thread is just shitting on the OP almost always regardless of what is posted lol. Check back if it makes it to page 3.

Last edited:

Romulus

I don't know how anyone in the market for this game could say it sucks, but having said that I personally feel its overrated.

clem84

Gold Member
I'm about 30-35 hours into it.

If you would've asked me how I felt about the game in the first 5 hours, my response would've been similar to theirs. I had a laundry list of complaints. So many problems. Reactions like "Why the f*** would they do this?? :messenger_pouting:" What kept me playing is the fact that the elements of this game that really shine pull you in and make you look beyond those little problems. Exploring and not knowing what to expect is just fun. There's definitely a Zelda vibe to it. Figuring out the pattern to a boss you've been fighting for the past hour makes it really rewarding like most game in the genre. It's also fun to just look at the size of the world and also all the intricate details of the monsters and the environment.

This thing has a lot of problems, sure sometimes the difficulty is a little cheap, but the good far, far outweigh the bad.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Lmao. Tell me you've never watched an rlm video without telling me you've never watched an rlm video.
They hit it big with their Phantom Menace video, that sparked countless copy cat channels all trying to hit it big in the same way by shitting on popular movies/games/comics for monetized views.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Quantum is a known troll and asshole. Never heard of the other ones. Sounds like op searched deliberately for "elden ring sucks."

Keihart

Most of the time those tittles are bait, saying that something widely popular is bad will get you people that engage because they are outraged and that's enough, you get attention which is what you want if you wanna grow a channel.

Yoboman

Also has a 6.7 on Metacritic

I remember being told that clickbait YouTuber videos and a low fan metacritic meant that a game was controversial, hated by the fans and a disappointment among other things

Last edited:

Quezacolt

That first youtuber... no one should ever watch his videos.
I've known about him for some years now, and he just sucks and it's not a good person at all.
He made videos about his personal life before, and if he sees games the same way he sees other people and how he treats them, he's better being left alone.

Also has a 6.7 on Metacritic

I remember being told that clickbait YouTuber videos and a low fan metacritic meant that a game was controversial, hated by the fans and a disappointment among other things
I think that when a game has a large difference between the two it's a good way to know there is something going on.

Which group is "right"? I have yet to play the game, but given that I tried to play 3 Souls games (OG on PS3, Dark Souls II on PS4 and Bloodborne)... never went very far in any of them.

Just like there are people that hates Ubisoft Games or EA games some people just don't like FromSoft souls game it their opinion who cares

Top Bottom