• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you as a male actually consider Vasalgel for birth control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombAid82

If my wife wouldn't have a copper chain, i would do it, no questions asked.
She doesn't take hormones (anymore), which is good, I paid the other half of the Chain , which was about 130€. Totally worth it.

As she had taken the pill, here Sex-Mood was very low, and she wasn't "wet" anymore, but after about 3 months with the Chain, and finally the fucking hormones out of the body(yes, it can take that long, till the Birth Control Pill side effects are gone) all is good again. :)

The hormones did some horrible things with friend of my wife.
One lost some hair, it was really thin, and the other one got pimple in the face, she looked like a crumble cake, I don't have to tell you, that both were completely devastated by it.
fortunately, my girl didn't have these problems.

I would NEVER take a hormone pill!!!

responsibility? forbidden under martian law!

594px-Marvin_the_Martian.svg.png

His law???

Weckum

wow this is new to me.

Thanks for the posting.

Edit: Can't the pill limit periods? Surely that's a plus for women.

Yes, it can limit periods but you're putting a bunch of hormones into your body. It's still not good for you.

Getting a needle into mah balls seems creepy, but dunno, I wouldn't say 'no' immediately.

Ecto311

And what happens after a 35min jerk fest and that thing comes loose? I just kill my house pet with a plastic bead that was holding back my soldiers?

Absolutely

Its a safe and reversible alternative to a vasectomy and doesnt require open sack surgery

Vasectomies should be a thing of the past if this takes off

Bleepey

Hell yeah I would, I get to double up, use condoms to protect against STDs and an injection to protect against children. If clinical trials say it works without an adverse effects I'd do it tomorrow.

man am i glad to be asexual, holy fuck @ the stories itt

What's being asexual like?

Raist

Banned
Don't think much of the injection, but physically blocking the flow of sperm with a polymer... I dunno about that.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
What's wrong with that statement? I have no say over whether my girlfriend uses hormonal contraceptives or not. It's her choice, so it's completely irrelevant to my choices.

I took it as "why should I care about the pill if I'm not the one taking it", which would come as selfish as it sounds.

Anyway, this is not an alternative to condoms per se as it doesn't prevent STDs. This is meant for couples in stable relationships as a substitute for the pill, vasectomies and similar contraceptives. Yes, those people could still be using condoms, but they are uncomfortable for many (not just the male partner) and nowhere near as convenient.

They have been promising this fucking gel for YEARS, and yet it is nowhere to be found due to all the regulamentary stuff. Looks like a good alternative for condoms, I'd take it in a heartbeat over breaking the heat of the moment to place a stinky piece of latex on my dick.

Of course, I say that because I don't usually have casual sex with people I just met and whatnot, so most of the time STDs aren't be that much of a worry for me.

Kenstar

Hell yeah I would, I get to double up, use condoms to protect against STDs and an injection to protect against children. If clinical trials say it works without an adverse effects I'd do it tomorrow.

What's being asexual like?

you know how you feel after you're done at 2am and your closing 30 tabs of suddenly uninteresting videos?

Like that all the time

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
They have been promising this fucking gel for YEARS, and yet it is nowhere to be found due to all the regulamentary stuff. Looks like a good alternative for condoms, I'd take it in a heartbeat over breaking the heat of the moment to place a stinky piece of latex on my dick.

Of course, I say that because I don't usually have casual sex with people I just met and whatnot, so most of the time STDs aren't be that much of a worry for me.

Well, medical research needs time and going by Wikipedia's sources they had to restart trials in 2011, which was unfortunate. They've been doing a lot of noise lately, though, so I imagine that they are either getting closer to their goals or Parsemus (which is an non-profit NGO) is looking for more funding.

Sianos

Yay! Time to step it up, gentlemen! We've been shouldering this stuff for years through any number of the delightfully shitty hormonal treatments to the painful (/occasionally perforatingly deadly) non-hormonal IUD treatments, so for there to be a potential safe, non-hormonal, reversible, and one time slight ouchie option for guys is great. Embrace it (and stop crying about a tiny moment of discomfort when you get all these awesome benefits)!
Very much this - I'm very pleased by the development of Vasagel and think that reliable, non-hormonal male birth control will do wonders for the world.

Well, medical research needs time and going by Wikipedia's sources they had to restart trials in 2011, which was unfortunate. They've been doing a lot of noise lately, though, so I imagine that they are either getting closer to their goals or Parsemus (which is an non-profit NGO) is looking for more funding.
I see. Hopefully it ends up being more the former than the latter, but I suppose time will tell.

Aske

Guys, I'm telling you, the Bimek SLV switches are where it's at. You feel free to gum up your pipes with gel. I'll be diverting my swimmers into my body where they will be reabsorbed (making me more powerful), and clicking buttons in my sack to make babies.

Ecto311

Guys, I'm telling you, the Bimek SLV switches are where it's at. You feel free to gum up your pipes with gel. I'll be diverting my swimmers into my body where they will be reabsorbed (making me more powerful), and clicking buttons in my sack to make babies.

Damn this sounds awesome. Can you do the commercial for it? I hope the button makes a cool robo cop sound too. Dshhhhrrrt jizz diverted get yo fuck on. Thanks robo dick.

Xe4

Banned
Hell yeah I would. Don't have to wear a condom when I'm in a relationship, I'd be super down. And it's a not that bad of a procedure, they numb it out people. I'd wait a few years to make sure it's safe, though.

Bleepey

you know how you feel after you're done at 2am and your closing 30 tabs of suddenly uninteresting videos?

Like that all the time

Hahaha. You actually made me laugh for a good 10 seconds. QA friend of mine were discussing whether it would be awesome to be asexual, you'd save money on dating, probably be more productive etc etc. But then he said it might be a bit lonely since you may have trouble developing relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom