• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

dave_d

Oh I guess it's official,

This guy
Screenshot-3339.png

just bought the WWE.

To tell you the truth, I thought Shane's injury was a work at first. It was like it was planned for Snoop Dogg to beat the Miz. Unless that was the back up plan.

Anyway, I wasn't shocked to see Ronda Rousey winning again. I felt as if Liv Morgan deserved it more. She's a great worker. I remember seeing her on Chucky. I think she's a big fan of the Child's Play movies.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I think they have a roman vs Cody rematch on Raw in a couple of weeks and there have Roman drop the belts.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I think they have a roman vs Cody rematch on Raw in a couple of weeks and there have Roman drop the belts.
Wtf that is what put me off wwe on the first place. The ppv hype only to drop the belts later in maybe the next TV show after the ppv then rince repeat.

Last edited:

Just_one

i´ve start to enjoy reigns so i could really care less about cody winning.

that being said do u people really think that a company that had sting lose to HHH on his debut mania match would let one of the founders of AEW win their top belt after the streak that roman has? you people are delusional!!

not in a million years.

If Jay white is WWE bound he will probably debut today and be the next cody feud.

For the bloodline and Reigns streak , i think it will come full circle and Jey will be the one to detrone Reigns. He will get mad at Usos for losing the belts at mania and thats the start of the bloodline ending, which will culminate in Jey detroning Reigns

Dthomp

Cell is there, new ownership figured out. They want Raw after Mania to matter again...any chance we get the rematch tonight? It's the only chance to get that massive pop title change you fucking missed last night cause you aren't getting it anytime after tonight until next years Mania and I can't imagine anybody is interested in another year of people being thrown away for the Roman streak.

NickFire

Roman is less than 60 days from being champ for over 1000 days I think.

It would be stupid to take the belt off him before the 1000th day for a guy who has barely been in WWE the past who knows how many years.

Last edited:
Does Cody not watch WWE? I can only speak for the last year but as far as I can tell, all Brock wants to do is F5 people for no obvious reason. That's obviously far more enticing than having an actual match. I have not learned why his finisher is an "F5", so for now my head-canon is that it's named after the "refresh" button as he enjoys browsing the dirt sheets online and always wants the latest news.

Dthomp

Good lord, so we are back to Raw after Mania being Vince levels of bad again huh? Weren't they talking about making these shows great with debuts and etc? A returning Riddle and Vinces meaty boys taking up my tv was beyond awful, I may be looking forward to AEW again for the first time in almost a year...After Mania night 2 and Raw I have that old sick to my stomach feeling that Vince is running this again

NickFire

Good lord, so we are back to Raw after Mania being Vince levels of bad again huh? Weren't they talking about making these shows great with debuts and etc? A returning Riddle and Vinces meaty boys taking up my tv was beyond awful, I may be looking forward to AEW again for the first time in almost a year...After Mania night 2 and Raw I have that old sick to my stomach feeling that Vince is running this again
I thought last night was pretty good myself. But those reports of Vince playing a significant role on creative have me waiting for the shoes to start dropping. We're probably a Raw or two away from Omos squashing KO and Sami, and Goldberg defeating Theory, LA Knight and anyone else ready for a breakout in one 6 minute gauntlet match.

Fox Mulder

it’s kind of hilarious that the day Endeavor announced the WWE/UFC merger, worst raw ever trends with Vince back in power. Wonder how fast the get back to the all time low ratings they were getting.

It’s really going to run off people that checked in with Vince gone. I was even interested in going to Raw in a month too.

dave_d

it’s kind of hilarious that the day Endeavor announced the WWE/UFC merger, worst raw ever trends with Vince back in power. Wonder how fast the get back to the all time low ratings they were getting.

It’s really going to run off people that checked in with Vince gone. I was even interested in going to Raw in a month too.
I could always make the joke Vince is looking forward to running the WWE and ruining Bron Breakker and Cameron Grimes just like he's done with the Street Profits, LA Knight, and Santos Escobar to name a few.

I remember when Triple H was on Raw in 2002 and all that, he hogged the top spot for ages. He only ever lost the world title briefly. This only slowed down after 2006.

AJUMP23

Gold Member

People are upset that Cody didn't get to be champ. And it is a travesty he is not champ.

Naked Lunch

AEW knows they had an opportunity with last nights show and they went for it.
Debuting Jay White right off the bat was a big middle finger to WWE and all the online fantasy booking.
Just a week ago it was supposed to be WWE Champion Cody vs Switchblade, remember?

But the biggest news of the night was the return of Sue and the mini-van. Solid gold.

MAtgS

TK is a mad man putting a wrestling PPV at Wembley Stadium.
I was figuring there was no way Punk would ever be coming back but that they're doing this, AEW's gonna do everything in their power to sell out every seat they can.

Last edited:
Anybody think the Elimination Chamber and Survivor Series matches are rushed now?

It's like they're always in a hurry to get everyone gone from the bout.

NickFire

I know they were in Long Island where the crowd is pro-MJF (as they should be). But even with that backdrop, I think Sammy dropped the ball and exposed himself as not ready for the main event by a long shot. He hasn't bulked up at all, and just doesn't look like a threat. But that aside, his promo was horrible. Beyond horrible really, and the reaction seemed far more like please go away noise than heel heat. I wonder how he got the idea to try making himself the sympathetic good guy. Does he even remember his last couple years minus a brief period when MJF was part of his stable?

Reactions: RNG

NickFire

Anybody think the Elimination Chamber and Survivor Series matches are rushed now?

It's like they're always in a hurry to get everyone gone from the bout.
Survivor Series in particular feels like they still do it just because they always have. Even the build ups feel rushed and silly. It's one of two times a year when the brand split has relevance, with the second being the draft.

TK is a mad man putting a wrestling PPV at Wembley Stadium.
I don't now why but I read this and all I could hear is Davey Boy Smiths thick accent at the 1992 Royal Rumble going, "In the Royal...Albert Hall. London England. My home turrnnnnnnnnnnn (town)"

• LOL
Reactions: RNG

Seraphym

Does it hold more than Cardiff, and we know attendance figures are often hokey, but surely he will be going for bragging rights? Especially after saying AEW is bigger in the UK than WWE

DKehoe

Does it hold more than Cardiff, and we know attendance figures are often hokey, but surely he will be going for bragging rights? Especially after saying AEW is bigger in the UK than WWE
Yeh, Millenium Stadium in Cardiff is about 73,000 and Wembley is 90,000. Those are the capacities for a football game so for wrestling it’ll be different when you account for the entrance stage and ramp and floor seating. But you’re looking at a larger capacity than Wrestlemania and I would think that’s the real bragging rights.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Yeh, Millenium Stadium in Cardiff is about 73,000 and Wembley is 90,000. Those are the capacities for a football game so for wrestling it’ll be different when you account for the entrance stage and ramp and floor seating. But you’re looking at a larger capacity than Wrestlemania and I would think that’s the real bragging rights.
If they sell out Wembley. They will have more people than wwe had. 90k is more than 73k and you don’t even need Steiner maths to work this thing out. 60% of the time it’s right every time but only on 44% of the Tuesdays.

I know 100% of the 80% of the people who got this. Got it. Half of the rest are confused

Election Math GIF by John Fetterman

Last edited:
Top Bottom