• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Vestal

Gold Member
Audience was hot! Made the show so much more entertaining.

I hope Damian Priest gets a solid push, love the guy's look and bad ass voice.
Damian was AMAZING!!! The guy has the tools int he ring, and a great presentation..

I remember a few months back how everyone was shitting on Judgement day.. But honestly it has been absolutely great for everyone involved.

dave_d

I hope Damian Priest gets a solid push, love the guy's look and bad ass voice.
I'm still amazed that when he was first in Ring of Garbage they thought they should push Lio Rush over him. Anyway he's another guy they should be building up to main event. (Him and Santos, Montez, and LA Knight just to name 4. I won't name Domenic since I think he's safe.)

Backlash crowd was great and really elevated the event. Always more fun to watch when the crowd is into it.

I have no idea what the hell the Hardy segment on Rampage was about. But I don't like it.

On the other hand, the stuff from Dynamite where Jeff Jarrett and friends went to Briscoe Chicken Farm was fun.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
When you find out that Yokozuna's real name is Rodney........
Betting Bbc GIF

Wonder if Vince ever called him a plonker ?

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Kenny v Mox Steel Cage was an all time classic.
Laying it all on the line on regular Live TV. Major props.
Simply unreal - and that twist ending! Wow.

The entire show was a gauntlet throw down.
I guess a certain someone or 2 is coming back next week to sell out that UK show.

But theres so much more going on - like the NJPW crossovers and PPV.
Good time to be a wrestling fan no doubt.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: RNG

AJUMP23

I think there were some great matches last night on AEW. Julia Hart is really starting to shine. Great entrance. ANNA JAY has a great feud with her. Not to mention Omega's match.

RavageX

I don't know if I can trust you guys on modern wrestling, lol. Every time I see some im not exactly impressed. BUT do you guys play wrestling games? I don't see much talk about them. I'm a bit impressed with 2k23s efforts.

AJUMP23

I don't know if I can trust you guys on modern wrestling, lol. Every time I see some im not exactly impressed. BUT do you guys play wrestling games? I don't see much talk about them. I'm a bit impressed with 2k23s efforts.
I’m going to play the new AEW game when it releases. But I don’t play many wrestling video games.

MAtgS

If they shadow drop this game, I ironically won't be playing it right away due to saving up for going to DoN. Already got my ticket, but concession prices are a scam.

Dthomp

I'm just waiting for a real sale on WWE 2k23 before I grab a copy. I just can't justify 70 bucks for a yearly sports entry that I know I won't play for 300+ hours. I'm waiting for sub 40 and then I'll likely bite

Well for those that haven't heard Billy Graham (the wrestler) just died. I kind of realized this means all WWF champions before Bob Backlund are all gone now.

F4W broke the news a few hours ago, too, along with a nice write-up briefly summarizing the man and his significance to pro wrestling:

He helped pave the way for theatrical, bodybuilder (and both) types in pro wrestling, influencing many in his generation and those after.

The article says there'll be a more extensive bio in the next Observer newsletter and a discussion about him on the next radio show.

dave_d

F4W broke the news a few hours ago, too, along with a nice write-up briefly summarizing the man and his significance to pro wrestling:

He helped pave the way for theatrical, bodybuilder (and both) types in pro wrestling, influencing many in his generation and those after.

The article says there'll be a more extensive bio in the next Observer newsletter and a discussion about him on the next radio show.
Admittedly I only remember him from his last run in the 80s that ended when he needed hip surgery. Come to think of it not only was he one of the first bodybuilder and promo guys but his was the first time they showed a wrestler's surgery and attempted comeback.(He couldn't come back.) It was pretty graphic. (Yes, it's on youtube.)

NickFire

Is that 3 shows a week? I don't think they have enough interesting talent for 3 shows a week.
I think I agree with you. Part of me also thinks they have more than enough though, and that the reason it feels they don't is horrible booking. But another part of me says the booking won't be changing, so I circle back and agree with you.

Dthomp

Is that 3 shows a week? I don't think they have enough interesting talent for 3 shows a week.

I also don't think the behind the scenes show is very good, because it is only about the relationships (romantic). And is very scripted.

I think I agree with you. Part of me also thinks they have more than enough though, and that the reason it feels they don't is horrible booking. But another part of me says the booking won't be changing, so I circle back and agree with you.

Kinda tagging in here, they have MORE then enough talent, but like NickFire said will they use it? I am beyond tired of seeing fucking no talent Orange Cassidy EVERY single show 2 or 3 segments. It may be time for a head booker and they work as a team cause just throwing OC/The Little Boy Pillars/BBC every week is beyond stale to me as a viewer. I get Dynamite this last week had to have all the boring little boys to try to beg you to order what on paper looks like their worst PPV to date, but there is oversaturation of these peeps. Collision could be outstanding with the supposed roster since it's mostly all the good ex-WWE guys that didn't get a good shake there and were just left in the toybox here. I mean if I had to choose between Andrade and Sammy, Sammy would never be on my screen again. It'll be the better wresting/storytelling show and Dynamite can be the over-gymnast style little boys show it's already turned into, outside of the random Wardlow cringe segment (Christian deserves better)

dave_d

OC is top tier talent. And the best friends are great.
The funny thing is one of the wrestling sites I go to they honestly believe this. Then again they're also a major contingent of the "Impact Defense Team" (yes that's a thing) so it shows what kind of site it is.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
OC has never interested me. Neither has Danhausen for that matter. I probably would have liked both in my younger days but at 40 I can't buy into it. I find them silly. Even for wrestling which is fucking silly to begin with. At least they got rid of that real tiny guy... What was his name?

dave_d

OC has never interested me. Neither has Danhausen for that matter. I probably would have liked both in my younger days but at 40 I can't buy into it. I find them silly. Even for wrestling which is fucking silly to begin with. At least they got rid of that real tiny guy... What was his name?
Marco Stunt. As for me I admit one of the things that drove me off from AEW was Pockets. (If they had spent a year rehabbing his character from the company mascot/joke to a serious wrestler then champ it would have been different.) I guess it could be worse, they could have microman.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Marco Stunt. As for me I admit one of the things that drove me off from AEW was Pockets. (If they had spent a year rehabbing his character from the company mascot/joke to a serious wrestler then champ it would have been different.) I guess it could be worse, they could have microman.
Who is Microman? Stunt? I don't keep up with Cornette's stuff because, you know, Cornette.

dave_d

Who is Microman? Stunt? I don't keep up with Cornette's stuff because, you know, Cornette.
Marco Stunt was a wrestler in AEW who was part of the same group as Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus. He was about 5 feet tall and looked like he had never seen a set of weights so it was kind of ridiculous he was presented as any sort of a wrestler. I could also make a comment that he ran around so hyped up so much of the time you wondered if he got some of Tony's blow.(BTW, everybody has heard the rumor Tony Khan is on blow right?) Microman is a "wrestler" in MLW. He's a little person. Umm just to be clear on this he's basically the smallest little person wrestler I've ever seen at about 3 feet tall.(Yeah, I know he's allegedly Ke Monito's kid.) He's so small he basically can't run or do any moves. (His opponents basically do his moves for him. Yes it's obvious.) Yeah so that's beyond ridiculous.(But the fans in MLW cheer for it for some reason.)

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Marco Stunt was a wrestler in AEW who was part of the same group as Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus. He was about 5 feet tall and looked like he had never seen a set of weights so it was kind of ridiculous he was presented as any sort of a wrestler. I could also make a comment that he ran around so hyped up so much of the time you wondered if he got some of Tony's blow.(BTW, everybody has heard the rumor Tony Khan is on blow right?) Microman is a "wrestler" in MLW. He's a little person. Umm just to be clear on this he's basically the smallest little person wrestler I've ever seen at about 3 feet tall.(Yeah, I know he's allegedly Ke Monito's kid.) He's so small he basically can't run or do any moves. (His opponents basically do his moves for him. Yes it's obvious.) Yeah so that's beyond ridiculous.(But the fans in MLW cheer for it for some reason.)
MLW is pretty bush league from what I've seen. They hired Austin Aries for god's sake after what he did to impact.

DKehoe

Yeh I know who Marko Stunt is. I was wondering if that was one of Cornette's nicknames and it was for him Ahh ok yeh Microman from AAA. I forgot about him, didn't know he was working MLW now. I didn't realise he was Ke Monito's kid either.

Also, yeh it's pretty clear Tony Khan is coked off his tits.

dave_d

Yeh I know who Marko Stunt is. I was wondering if that was one of Cornette's nicknames and it was for him Ahh ok yeh Microman from AAA. I forgot about him, didn't know he was working MLW now. I didn't realise he was Ke Monito's kid either.

Also, yeh it's pretty clear Tony Khan is coked off his tits.
As I remember Corney always called him Stunted Growth. So wait, you know who Ke Monito is? that's cool. Admittedly I have no idea if LATV even shows CMLL anymore. (That's where I saw Ke Monito.)

DKehoe

As I remember Corney always called him Stunted Growth. So wait, you know who Ke Monito is? that's cool. Admittedly I have no idea if LATV even shows CMLL anymore. (That's where I saw Ke Monito.)
Sure. I've seen bits and pieces of his stuff. I don't follow lucha that closely. But he's pretty distinctive.

Dthomp

I'm fine with goofy and stuff when it makes sense. I love Danhausen, he's a character who thinks he's a 7ft monster, who then goes out and gets beaten, that's what dudes like OC are built for. The dudes gimmick is he doesn't care, so just have him go out put up a fight, lose, and then go on with his day. Him having the best title run of anyone there outside of Green jade is an embarrassment to wrestling. The reason alot of us see him as a joke is because he is exactly what Santino with a real belt would have been back in the WWE days but even stupid Vince knew better then to build a title around a jobber lite

dave_d

I'm fine with goofy and stuff when it makes sense. I love Danhausen, he's a character who thinks he's a 7ft monster, who then goes out and gets beaten, that's what dudes like OC are built for. The dudes gimmick is he doesn't care, so just have him go out put up a fight, lose, and then go on with his day. Him having the best title run of anyone there outside of Green jade is an embarrassment to wrestling. The reason alot of us see him as a joke is because he is exactly what Santino with a real belt would have been back in the WWE days but even stupid Vince knew better then to build a title around a jobber lite
Well to be fair Santino did have a couple of titles but was put up as kind of a fluke. Plus he had that elimination chamber match. But I get what you mean, he wasn't treated as a "real" threat, just some lucky stiff. FWIW I don't mind comedy characters as long as they're funny. (OC got old so fast. Ok, at least he's not as bad as Grado.)

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Well to be fair Santino did have a couple of titles but was put up as kind of a fluke. Plus he had that elimination chamber match. But I get what you mean, he wasn't treated as a "real" threat, just some lucky stiff. FWIW I don't mind comedy characters as long as they're funny. (OC got old so fast. Ok, at least he's not as bad as Grado.)
Oh god. Grado. I'd forgotten about him. Thankfully. I really liked Rockstar Spud though. What happed to him? I know he had a run up in the wwe but where is he now? Remember in the wwe when they made him piss himself?

dave_d

Oh god. Grado. I'd forgotten about him. Thankfully. I really liked Rockstar Spud though. What happed to him? I know he had a run up in the wwe but where is he now? Remember in the wwe when they made him piss himself?
Grado was just so terrible.(He made me miss Joe Hendry the first time he was in impact because Grado is just so channel changing/fast forwardingly bad.) Anyway Spud got hit with one of the layoffs in the WWE, had that heartful video on I think Twitter that got him hired back but then they just laid him off again. Not sure where he went after that.

Top Bottom