• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Dthomp

Does the successful double clothesline mean they break up just in time to lose the championship match? :messenger_sad_relieved:

Can't break them up already, this hasn't gone on for 5 months past it's logical breaking point yet. TK has a playbook (an absolutely stupid one) about letting shit go on for months longer then it has any business doing

I would love a little title run out of those two but I assume it'll all fall apart against FTR. Speaking of which, I got no clue what Collision is doing... Ricky Starks is supposed to be a heel now I guess? Because he used the very lightest of 'cheating' tactics... against CM Punk... who people don't really like in the first place? FTR bald guy cut a very weak Jim Cornette promo complaining about skits and dance-offs where he constantly fumbled his words. And they got the weird FTR+CM Punk shirts on... FTR you might have yourselves a terminal case of Phil.

Meanwhile WWE is still burying poor LA Knight... how many times does the guy have to go out there, light the crowd on fire... then not actually win? Why not just let him go out and squash 'local talent' or something?

And poor Alpha Academy jobbing to the Vikings on a corny Viking ship set?

And AEW production managed to miss the end of Blood and Guts, and then also mister Switch Blade's finisher... very sloppy TV product.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

JVMnzar.jpg

Dthomp

lol, the WWE would be doing backflips today if they were able to sign ANY of the Elite. Honestly, I wish Kenny would have jumped ship. The dude has a few years of main event level ability that will be wasted on stupid trios matches and dumb bloodbath indy shit that he thinks he needs to do to show he can do stuff other then put on 6 star wrestling matches. The others I really don't care about, I don't see Page as anything more then a midcard title dude and as much as I like the YB I think injuries have taken a toll on Matt and they have gone into mostly cruise control with their careers.

RavageX

Let me rephrase then. WWE would get the bucks, and since tag teams aren't a huge focus, they will go nowhere fast. Page I can't see making waves. Kenny's impact would not be main eventing with Roman, Kenny is more of a Intercontinental champ if anything. They would be wanted for the sake of having the "big names" from AEW.

I feel the same about quite a few people actually. CM Punk for example is vastly overrated IMO. Outside of talking, I just can't see it.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Shida got what we needa. Great to see her have the title again. She was a great pandemic champ. They need to do more with Saraya. I think she is underutilized in the faction.

Naked Lunch

I probably watched all 200 AEW Dynamite episodes.
From the beginning, to Jerico's boat, to the no fans pandemic era - till now.

Giving Shida the belt on episode 200 was a class act - as was giving the Elite a solid segment.

Been a fun ride and I love how storylines carry over years and years - even from other promotions into AEW.
The crossover stuff with NJPW and other companies is so rad - so far removed and open to new ideas from the WWE stuff of the past 20 years imo.
Been well worth following in my eyes.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Poor Richochet had to be the first person Logan Paul actually wins against in the E.

SEGA_2012

The Cody-Brock match was garbage. Brock was great as usual but Cody was mediocre. And he is so cheesy lol, he kissed the ground after the match lol lol.

Fox Mulder

What even was tribal combat?

It was just a regular Roman match with outside interference and a bullshit finish. WWE is really spinning in circles with the Bloodline because Roman had to stay champion until WM.

SummerSlam was incredibly predictable... every single match. Even Jimmy turning, despite it not particularly making sense... because he had to show up, and Jey couldn't lose a 'fair' 2v2, and obviously couldn't win because Roman's title reign needs to be dragged out to Wrestlemania (or 2 or 3 Wrestlemanias from now knowing them)

The Cody-Brock match was garbage. Brock was great as usual but Cody was mediocre. And he is so cheesy lol, he kissed the ground after the match lol lol.

The bounce-off-the-second-rope and kick a guy move is so lethargic... as are the cutters and the uhhh... cross-Rhodes on a big guy like Brock. This whole feud was bad. I'm only watching for the Whoooooaaa--ooooohs.

It's tough enough to get me to throw on AEW Collision during a normal week... I've gotta assume the ratings for it are just dreadful when it's opposite a WWE PPV... errrr.. PLE.

Fox Mulder

SummerSlam was incredibly predictable... every single match. Even Jimmy turning, despite it not particularly making sense... because he had to show up, and Jey couldn't lose a 'fair' 2v2, and obviously couldn't win because Roman's title reign needs to be dragged out to Wrestlemania (or 2 or 3 Wrestlemanias from now knowing them)

The bounce-off-the-second-rope and kick a guy move is so lethargic... as are the cutters and the uhhh... cross-Rhodes on a big guy like Brock. This whole feud was bad. I'm only watching for the Whoooooaaa--ooooohs.

It's tough enough to get me to throw on AEW Collision during a normal week... I've gotta assume the ratings for it are just dreadful when it's opposite a WWE PPV... errrr.. PLE.

Cody is super over in WWE though. The crowd is way more casual to AEW where he was stale, corny, and getting booed.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Cody is super over in WWE though. The crowd is way more casual to AEW where he was stale, corny, and getting booed.
Well AEW made some bad moves with him. Saying that he would never wrestle for the title again was a dumb move. He was bankable when he started and they just misused it. Vince could see things had changed and was smart to go get him.

Just_one

Unpopular opinion :

Cody is nothing more than an entrance and in the next 1-2 years if he continues the way he is, he will start getting booed

just like it happenned in AEW

dave_d

Unpopular opinion :

Cody is nothing more than an entrance and in the next 1-2 years if he continues the way he is, he will start getting booed

I'd like to add on to that with this opinion, Of the 2 Dustin was clearly the more talented and capable. Unfortunately even though it gave him his career, Gold Dust severely limited the max height he could have gotten to. (IE he really should have been a world champion and spoken of as being near his dad's level. Gold Dust ruined that.)

Reactions: RNG

Dthomp

Unpopular opinion :

Nah, WWE fans are far more casual then WWE fans and unlike Cena I think Cody is more then willing to play the tweener IF need be. I wasn't a AEW Cody fan, but WWE has managed to take mostly the same character and make him special. He went from jobbing to Sammy and wrestling little dudes for the TNT Title to main eventing a fucking Mania and being one of a small handful of dudes to go over Brock clean.

I'd like to add on to that with this opinion, Of the 2 Dustin was clearly the more talented and capable. Unfortunately even though it gave him his career, Gold Dust severely limited the max height he could have gotten to. (IE he really should have been a world champion and spoken of as being near his dad's level. Gold Dust ruined that.)

Dustin is one of my biggest what ifs in wrestling. Dude had ALL the tools, just wasn't anywhere near the level to jump the card in WCW with the way they did shit and yes, Golddust always had a ceiling, and while I really enjoyed early Golddust they may have missed a chance after maybe the Mania Backlot Brawl to have a pissed off Dustin burn the suit and be a big star they could have rode while the younger group of Rock/HHH/etc hit their strides

NickFire

Nah, WWE fans are far more casual then WWE fans and unlike Cena I think Cody is more then willing to play the tweener IF need be. I wasn't a AEW Cody fan, but WWE has managed to take mostly the same character and make him special. He went from jobbing to Sammy and wrestling little dudes for the TNT Title to main eventing a fucking Mania and being one of a small handful of dudes to go over Brock clean.
I wasn't an AEW Cody fan and thought it was crazy to push him so fast when he went back to WWE at the time. I can admit I've warmed up a bit. Still not a big fan, but his storyline is solid, and the longer than expected journey to a title has swayed me to caring a little.

I do think he's basically the same character too. One huge difference for me - there is no perception of him / his friends giving him special status for back stage stuff. His rise feels more organic in WWE to me.

dave_d

Punk being a punk again. Good lord what's with this guy?

(sarcasm on)
So wait, you're telling me that a guy that had problems at Impact/TNA, RoH, OVW, WWE, and recently had issues at AEW might be having issues again?
(sarcasm off)

Serious here, he had Christopher Daniels sent home? Should I point out Punk is the same age as Hogan was in WCW in 1998. (Sounds like he's acting like it.)

Naked Lunch

I love that Punk is on Collision only so I don’t have to watch that show.
I hated the show from the beginning – besides hating punk, mainly because the presentation and especially the announcer table is just like WWEs. I bet they rip the top off and throw the computer monitors to the side before power driving someone thru it, right?

Now im seeing hes already causing all kinds of drama – they get what they deserve bringing him back.

I did catch a recent clip where he was talking and someone had a sign “YOU’RE TELLING LIES”
Hilarious

Ill just stick with Dynamite.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
(sarcasm on)
So wait, you're telling me that a guy that had problems at Impact/TNA, RoH, OVW, WWE, and recently had issues at AEW might be having issues again?
(sarcasm off)

Serious here, he had Christopher Daniels sent home? Should I point out Punk is the same age as Hogan was in WCW in 1998. (Sounds like he's acting like it.)
What's his beef with Daniels? Daniels is a fucking saint. Apparently, he had Nemeth(zigglers brother?) sent home because of a tweet? WTF? What kind of sensitive boy is punk? Control your bitch, Tony Khan.

dave_d

What's his beef with Daniels? Daniels is a fucking saint. Apparently, he had Nemeth(zigglers brother?) sent home because of a tweet? WTF? What kind of sensitive boy is punk? Control your bitch, Tony Khan.
Apparently since Tony sent Ace home and then fired him Punk wanted Daniels sent home because "He was involved in the altercation."

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I never believe any of these Rumor stuff. But why in a professional industry is there so much drama. As a Manger I don't send people home or lock them out the building.

I was cautiously optimistic when Punk came to AEW first because I thought the 7 year break might have mellowed and matured him a bit.

He's quickly proven that he isn't worth the hassle of having him around. He was never top-tier in the ring but now he is borderline unable to go so he's glommed on to FTR for trios matches to cover for his shortcomings. They've given him his own show to separate him and The Elite and he is still trying to start drama by banning people who are friends with them (aka: a huge chunk of the roster) from his show.

He must be selling a shit load of t-shirts if Tony is still willing to put up with his nonsense.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
How can an employee ban people from the place where they work. If you re not in charge it doesn't matter what you say. I know there is locker room stuff with respect and everything in the Locker room. But to me it just seems really dumb to continue the legacy of treating people like garbage or belittling them, just because they haven't paid their dues yet.

Top Bottom