• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WUCHANG: Fallen Feathers Annmounced | Xbox Showcase 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

Join us for the exciting reveal of Wuchang: Fallen Feathers! Recently featured at the Xbox Games Showcase and set in the late Ming Dynasty, this soulslike action-RPG takes you on a journey through a cursed land filled with danger and mystery. Play as Bai Wuchang, a pirate warrior cursed with Ornithropy, and uncover the secrets of your forgotten past.Wuchang: Fallen Feathers offers a challenging combat experience with multiple weapon categories and Ornithropy magic. Explore interconnected environments, encounter historical figures, and make choices that will shape the fate of Shu. Launching day one on Xbox Game Pass in 2025. Visit the official Wuchang: Fallen Feathers social community for more details.

Last edited:

Antwix

I got some hype for this. It looked great especially compared to some of the other souls-like knockoffs. Awesome that it's on gamepass too. Hopefully it'll be another Lies of P success story.

Kurimao

wy2Zy0m.gif

Last edited:

semiconscious

Gold Member
I’m big fan of FROM’s souls games but I’m really starting to get sick of this trend. Its everyone making modern military shooter in PS3/360 era all over again.
same. i'm ready for the return of some easy mode option button-mashers. seriously...

semiconscious

Gold Member
It just not about easy mode or hard mode, there are other type of action RPG and action combat out there other than “Souls-like”.
i hear you. as someone who also likes the souls games, i pretty much avoid all 'souls-like' games at this point...

Kssio_Aug

It seems like a very competent Sekiro clone. The fact it comes day one to GP means I will definitely give it a chance.

Some devs are stepping up their game in the genre. I actually prefer some Souls-like nowadays over Elden Ring.

Last edited:

Neolombax

Gold Member
Don't get me wrong, all these Wuxia new games from Asia (China, Korea, etc) they all look really good. Graphics are top notch, animation is amazing. But they are starting to blend together and its hard to tell them apart. And if I know Asians (...because I am one), I'm guessing they've begun to see a working formula (Souls-like, dark gritty art style, 3rd person action) and will push a lot of similar products to see which sticks. So far we have Phantom Blade 0, Where Winds Meet, and now Wuchang Fallen Feathers.

I'm not hating, just an observation.

Last edited:
Did From open fucking Souls schools around Asia? I can't even tell these apart anymore.

I love Souls games but if I read that exact blurb about a "ruined world" and all that shit one more time, I might shit on someone's desk over there. Also, straight copying stuff used to be frowned upon, I like how they now just throws Soulslike in press shit like it's a good thing.

Shut0wen

I'm getting fed up with the generic-looking UE5 east-Asian souls game.

I'm almost wondering if they are all just sharing assets at this point
Seriously china as a society are boring people with no imagination due to years of government control, they literally have to pay students to go abroad because of this very reason

This one looks the least interesting of the bunch. Most generic, no clear story angle.

Don't get me wrong, all these Wuxia new games from Asia (China, Korea, etc) they all look really good. Graphics are top notch, animation is amazing. But they are starting to blend together and its hard to tell them apart. And if I know Asians (...because I am one), I'm guessing they've begun to see a working formula (Souls-like, dark gritty art style, 3rd person action) and will push a lot of similar products to see which sticks. So far we have Phantom Blade 0, Where Winds Meet, and now Wuchang Fallen Feathers.

I'm not hating, just an observation.
Don't forget Wukong, the biggest one that's also the same formula. And although different culture, theres' enough overlap that all the open world samurai games that have come out recently feel a bit similar as well: Like a Dragon Ishin, Ghost of Tsushima, Rise of Ronin, Ass Creed Shadows.

Personally I'm looking forward to Crimson Desert the most, the Korean one trying to be next gen Witcher.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'd prefer more simple Action games in the vein of Bloodrayne/Max Payne, Godhand, Madworld, Ninja Gaiden, Blade of Darkness instead of the Soul Clone Facility.

Like man what do we have to do to get a new Onimusha. And if Konami didn't suck we could have a new age 3D Castlevania game to knock our socks off.

Neolombax

Gold Member
This one looks the least interesting of the bunch. Most generic, no clear story angle.

Don't forget Wukong, the biggest one that's also the same formula. And although different culture, theres' enough overlap that all the open world samurai games that have come out recently feel a bit similar as well: Like a Dragon Ishin, Ghost of Tsushima, Rise of Ronin, Ass Creed Shadows.

Personally I'm looking forward to Crimson Desert the most, the Korean one trying to be next gen Witcher.
Agreed. The only reason I didn't include Wukong was because the main character is a monkey and the others are human characters, so its a bit easier to discern. There were other wuxia games prior to this like the sword n fairy series but I think Wukong is the first real high budget looking game, which got a lot of positive feedback from the community. I think thats what started the sudden influx of wuxia games, more specifically from China.

Top Bottom