• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 - 20 launch titles in Japan + "secret functions" unlocked after a year(?)

Redbeard

Banned
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=120272

The Xbox 360 will have twenty titles available at launch at its debut in Japan - that's according to Munetatsu Matsui, editor-in-chief of the highly respected Famitsu Xbox mag, speaking in a round table discussion in the current issue.

Elsewhere in the piece Matsui-san also hinted that the Xbox 360 had some secret functions which were currently unknown at this time and would be revealed one year into market by a Live update.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
i like how secret features is just marketing spin for "stuff that isnt ready yet sorry :/"

Elsewhere in the piece Matsui-san also hinted that the Xbox 360 had some secret functions which were currently unknown at this time and would be revealed one year into market by a Live update.

Revolution!!! (2)

FiRez

Elsewhere in the piece Matsui-san also hinted that the Xbox 360 had some secret functions which were currently unknown at this time and would be revealed one year into market by a Live update

I read somewhere that MS will put a kind of virtual garden inside the dashboard that will grown up depending of the numbers of games that you have played and the achievements inside those games.

edit: after reading my own post I think it sounds like BS, but I seriously read that somewhere

i like how secret features is just marketing spin for "stuff that isnt ready yet sorry :/

W O W

Mrbob

Hmmm, why would it take an extra year to get BC working in Japan Xboxen360?

20 launch titles is pretty impressive.

3rdman

Firest0rm said:
I think their talking about the BC :).

It's not BC...they've already said on many occasions that it'll have BC on day one opf launch. Its the number of titles initially available that is up in the air.

Interesting about this unlockable feature...My initial guess would be similiar to how Live 2.0 was introduced...extra features for Live. But, this makes it sound like its a part of the hardware...Hmmm.

thorns

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
PGR3
Kameo
PD0
FF 11
99 Nights

ff 11 is going to be beta only at launch right?
I'm not sure if 99 nights is supposed to be for launch

even then there's around 8 missing.
there are still 2 game republic games we don't know about yet though..

we should know more at TGS I guess.

bloke

On official japanese Xbox360 page there's a list of games they'll be releasing. Half of them probably won't make for launch, guess there's still some surprises left, I mean no games from Konami, Koei, Bandai, Sega Japan (besides publishing CH) and Atlus announced yet, only one from Capcom.

http://www.xbox.com/ja-jp/xbox360/games.htm

Jeff-DSA

If it was such a cool feature, why not use it to drive the hype train just a little harder?

btw, radioheadrule, your new avatar rocks!

These "hidden" features sound a lot like the hype/rumors that were going around when the Xbox launched and there was suppose to be a hidden game on the hard drive somewhere. Remember the quotes about how gamers would find it if they looked around hard enough? :lol

It's probably something like being able to order a pizza while connected to Live, maybe using the headset as a phone. Having a dialer interface would be something very simple to do, and not something anybody else is doing.

My guess is something like that or a e-marketplace where you can order things from Microsoft partners, and completely unrelated to gaming.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Silent_Echo said:
It's probably something like being able to order a pizza while connected to Live, maybe using the headset as a phone. Having a dialer interface would be something very simple to do, and not something anybody else is doing.

My guess is something like that or a e-marketplace where you can order things from Microsoft partners, and completely unrelated to gaming.
/pizza

Top Bottom