• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xanadu Next |OT| Take up your sword and seek the Dragon Slayer!

Ascheroth

Ok i figured out how to find the dsr option but do i need to disable any options in the xanadu next launcher as well?

Don't think so. Just choose the resolution in the launcher you want and it should automatically downsample to your monitor resolution.

wrowa

I only wanted to try this out for a couple minutes and suddenly entire hours went by. It's incredibly addicting.

I've got the problem that a bunch of text won't display correctly or at all, though, so I don't know if I keep playing regardless or if I wait for further patches.

Well, who am I kidding, I'll obviously keep playing.

duckroll

I only wanted to try this out for a couple minutes and suddenly entire hours went by. It's incredibly addicting.

I've got the problem that a bunch of text won't display correctly or at all, though, so I don't know if I keep playing regardless or if I wait for further patches.

Well, who am I kidding, I'll obviously keep playing.

Sounds like a resolution problem. You might want to check the config and make sure you're playing it in the same resolution as your desktop.

Using RTSS to limit framerate to 60 seems to have cleared up the majority of the mild stutter. Playing with no vsync / GSync / 144hz.

I'm new to SGSSAA and Nvidia in general. Does this look right?
L6AexOz.png

Turned off game's native AA and these settings seem to look decent, though there's still plenty of aliasing to see if I look. The ground in town still shimmers some, too. Can AA be further improved?

FStubbs

I dumped almost all of my points in Attack without realizing how the equipment worked so now I'm in the Eternal Maze still stuck with my original equipment, can barely take hits, but these things go down in 2-3 strikes.

I think the only way to re-allocate is to go back to level 1 and grind again?

duckroll

The forest dungeon was fun. It's not even particularly complicated...

The lava dungeon is far more annoying because of the mobs.

Tizoc

OK apparently DSR isn't available for GTX 970M as NVidia hasn't added it in yet :V
Guess I gotta use Inspector but I'm kinda worried it might not work on my lappy >_>;
EDIT: Xanadu Next doesn't appear in the list of titles in Inspector.

Tizoc

OK so I'm gonna use Inspector to inject Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Aliasing to Xanadu Next. I created a profile for it so now I just gotta apply these settings only right?
nvidia%252520sgssaa%252520guide%252520highlighted.jpg

I then disable ingame AA and just run it with that profile right?

EDIT: Or should I use this GAFfer's?
L6AexOz.png

EDIT2: OK I tried out the above GAFfers settings but set it to 8xSuper Saiyan God Super Saiyan Aliasing and got this:

Well for one thing I still got it at 60 FPS, anything else I can do to make it look better?

Dinjoralo

You could just enable regular AA through Nvidias drivers. That works for me, and it ain't blurry as heck like with SGSSAA so that's a bonus.

I really like how this game does stats and rpg mechanic stuff. Too many games want you to stop too frequently, for too long, managing equipment, and skills, and party members for stat gains that you barely feel. Here, star management is short and sweet, and you feel the difference new weapons and armor can make.

Today I learned (Eternal Maze B1 puzzle solution)
you can push boxes up 'stairs'.
I spent like two hours wandering Clover Ruins and the Eternal Maze looking for an alternate route before giving up and looking at a walkthrough only to find that out. >.>

On the flipside, I made a few thousand gold and cheesed the first major boss with my earnings~

wrowa

Sounds like a resolution problem. You might want to check the config and make sure you're playing it in the same resolution as your desktop.

It's the character name issue. Most text boxes that mention my name are either messed up or get skipped altogether.

Well, you can use 8xSGSSAA ;)

See, that's what I tried originally, by copying someone else's config of Antialiasing - Setting at "8x (8x CSAA (4 color + 4 cv samples))" + 8x Sparse Grid Supersampling and it would immediately BSOD upon starting Xanadu.

Wrong settings or just my PC? It's a 1060 6GB on Win 10...

NesFe

Man, I'm really enjoying this. My new laptop couldn't have come at a better time. I had an issue running the game at full screen where the screen would just keep flckering, but setting the game to 1080p while keeping it windowed seems to have fixed that for me(and for some reason runs it in full screen which is what I want so thats cool).

I just wanted to pop the game to check it out seeing that I'm a Falcom fan, and I ended up playing it for an hour.

Tizoc

OK I set super sampling thru NVidia control panel, jaggies are lesser now what with me using 8x super sampling.
All in all the visuals look good now. Will take a screenshot later to show it.

Man, I'm really enjoying this. My new laptop couldn't have come at a better time. I had an issue running the game at full screen where the screen would just keep flckering, but setting the game to 1080p while keeping it windowed seems to have fixed that for me(and for some reason runs it in full screen which is what I want so thats cool).

I just wanted to pop the game to check it out seeing that I'm a Falcom fan, and I ended up playing it for an hour.

Try doing this
Right click the game's .exe and go to properties
Tick 'disable dpi' and see if the game will run properly in fullscreen.

NesFe

Try doing this
Right click the game's .exe and go to properties
Tick 'disable dpi' and see if the game will run properly in fullscreen.

I tried that out, unfortunately it's still flickering when I remove the tick from windowed mode. At least I can run it without issues in windowed mode, so I'm not too bothered by it.

Thanks for the help though

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
FYI for SGSSAA you need to enable "Antialiasing - Transparency Mulitsampling" for it to work.

Am I the only one who likes, prefers even, super-chunky edges from this era? I've been considering dropping down to 720p to make it even more pronounced.

Maybe I am weird.
No ill will towards jaggy haters. All love here. I prefer Chocolate Doom too, so...

AlanOC91

Just left the town. Are
Goblins
supposed to be extremely strong? Hitting me for 15 and taking 1 damage unless I use magic.

Green slimes
on the other hand are really easy then.

Corpekata

Banned
Just left the town. Are
Goblins
supposed to be extremely strong? Hitting me for 15 and taking 1 damage unless I use magic.

Green slimes
on the other hand are really easy then.

You will frequently run into monsters like that that are basically telling you to go back to town and spend your level up points. If you haven't levelled or aren't close, it's telling you to go explore elsewhere, or grind, or try magic.

Falcom's games are pretty stat heavy, just a small upgrade in STR or w/e will give you a considerable boost.

You could just enable regular AA through Nvidias drivers. That works for me, and it ain't blurry as heck like with SGSSAA so that's a bonus.

I really like how this game does stats and rpg mechanic stuff. Too many games want you to stop too frequently, for too long, managing equipment, and skills, and party members for stat gains that you barely feel. Here, star management is short and sweet, and you feel the difference new weapons and armor can make.
Have you played the Ys series or other Falcom ARPGs? This is one of the common hallmarks of their games. You really feel the difference a few levels or a piece of new equipment makes, and if an enemy or boss is too strong gaining a level or two usually makes all the difference.

AlanOC91

You will frequently run into monsters like that that are basically telling you to go back to town and spend your level up points. If you haven't levelled or aren't close, it's telling you to go explore elsewhere, or grind, or try magic.

Falcom's games are pretty stat heavy, just a small upgrade in STR or w/e will give you a considerable boost.

Right you are! Went back and put points into Strength and now 3 shot the Goblins. Weird haha.

Tizoc

If you were having stuttering problems, try putting the game into exclusive fullscreen mode. It fixed the stutter perfectly for me.

How do I put the game into exclusive fullscreen? The game is set to fullscreen for me to begin with.

Nope. Did you point your profile towards the games .exe?

Should look like this:

Yes. I even have NVidia inspector running in the background, here's a quick screenshot of it
7A4NERi.png

I've changed no other options btw.

Sinatar

Ok this is driving me nuts, I'm missing a guardian and I can't for the life of me find it. I even looked it up in a walkthrough and it's not where it says it is. Any idea?

30164974254_d39f8174a9_o.png

Aeana

Ok this is driving me nuts, I'm missing a guardian and I can't for the life of me find it. I even looked it up in a walkthrough and it's not where it says it is. Any idea?

30164974254_d39f8174a9_o.png

It's been a long time since I played far enough to get it, but according to a Japanese guide, it's in the #7 block on this map, Eternal Maze B2F

Tizoc

I give up can someone provide their NVidia Inspector settings file for Xanadu Next please? I have no idea why the game doesn't apply the settings I've made.

Nabs

I may be mistaken, but I found that guardian in that area, but
behind a wall I had to punch through
. I think it may be #13 in that pic.

Sinatar

Found it, it was in room 13 of that map Aeana posted. Missed the breakable wall.

EDIT: What Nabs said.

duckroll

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the chest in the upper image. How strange :/

Is that the chest at Gate #3 which you only get after you come back down from the other side after the short detour in the mountains? Because I've also opened that one, and I'm missing the same card he is.

Aeana

Oh, I see. The guide lists them in reverse order on the guardian card list vs. the acquisition list and I didn't notice.

Cindered

Neo Member
How do I put the game into exclusive fullscreen? The game is set to fullscreen for me to begin with.

Make sure windowed mode/borderless window is unticked is all.

For the guardian, I was missing the same one and also found it at spot 13.

duckroll

I was going to eat something and watch some animus but then I decided to jump in for a minute or two to grab that missing card, and.... 30 minutes flew by because I decided to swap weapons and learn some new skills.... this game.... :(

Top Bottom