• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL Ultimate Game Sale starts tomorrow

malfcn

All I picked up was the 400 Days and Season 2 pass for Walking Dead. Everytime Bioshock 2 goes on sale I am on the fence.

One of my purchases was taxed, and the other wasn't? Uh.

DanielJr82

Hows Bioshock 2? All I know is I was pissed that the original studio wasn't doing it and the fact that you're playing as a big daddy rubbed me the wrong way since that's the part I enjoyed least in the first one.....
Don't pass it up for a mere $5, dude. You can't even buy a McDonald's combo with $5 anymore and you're getting an awesome game with the same amount of money. It doesn't have the twist or sense of wonder of Bioshock or Bioshock Infinite, but it's a solid entry to the series.

All I picked up was the 400 Days and Season 2 pass for Walking Dead. Everytime Bioshock 2 goes on sale I am on the fence.

One of my purchases was taxed, and the other wasn't? Uh.

If any portion of your purchase is paid with money from your account, even just one cent, it's automatically tax free. A good trick to remember for the future is to buy a $5 code on Amazon.com any time you make a purchase. You get it instantly and by using it you'll save yourself from paying the tax.

malfcn

If any portion of your purchase is paid with money from your account, even just one cent, it's automatically tax free. A good trick to remember for the future is to buy a $5 code on Amazon.com any time you make a purchase. You get it instantly and by using it you'll save yourself from paying the tax.

All of my purchases have been made with credit. It seems like every other purchase is taxed:

Dead Rising 3 Season Pass - Taxed
Mass Effect 3 Citadal - Not Taxed
Watch Dogs Season Pass - Not Taxed
Strider - Not Taxed
Walking Dead 400 Days - Taxed
Walking Dead Season Pass - Not Taxed
Halo Spartan Assault - Taxed

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Specifically, if you were to get the Season Pass (which contains Burial at Sea 1&2 + Columbia's Finest), it would cost you less than the sale.

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, I super can't figure out the pricing on this DLC.

Like 15 dollars each or 20 for both with a multiplayer map pack...

Uhh... why did you even list them indivudally if you didn't want to sell them?

All of my purchases have been made with credit. It seems like every other purchase is taxed:

Dead Rising 3 Season Pass - Taxed
Mass Effect 3 Citadal - Not Taxed
Watch Dogs Season Pass - Not Taxed
Strider - Not Taxed
Walking Dead 400 Days - Taxed
Walking Dead Season Pass - Not Taxed
Halo Spartan Assault - Taxed

Wow, that's really weird. I've always had my card purchases taxed. And I don't see any sort of pattern there either. Huh.

malfcn

Dat digital future. :(

I know we are headed in that direction. The tangible feel of physical is great. But that convenience of digital is also great.

AlexBasch

Anyone wants easy GS? Get Gears 3, haha. I just did a new profile to start over and I'm racking exp like crazy, lol. It's gonna take less time to get to Lv.261 or whatever the green number was on my old profile. :p

malfcn

Anyone wants easy GS? Get Gears 3, haha. I just did a new profile to start over and I'm racking exp like crazy, lol. It's gonna take less time to get to Lv.261 or whatever the green number was on my old profile. :p

Did they do something? I stopped play awhile ago..is it crazy XP or what?

BajiRav

so there's actually a way around it? gotta try this!

Couldn't believe unblockus didn't even work. So fucked.

Is there a good, free VPN I can use as a Canadian to trick my Xbox into thinking I'm in the US?

I am going to try this later tonight hoping it works. Give it a try if you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQMJrJTS3zk

Edit: I have the account setup and can connect to VPN, didn't get time to test with my Xbox just yet.

Yeah, I super can't figure out the pricing on this DLC.

Like 15 dollars each or 20 for both with a multiplayer map pack...

Uhh... why did you even list them indivudally if you didn't want to sell them?

XBL sales have gotten better, but theres always a head-scratcher thrown in seemingly just to catch a few suckers and/or maybe to simply fuck with peoples minds. Lol

Anyone else played Fight Night Champion? I played FN3 and liked it...have a FN4 physical copy I havent touched yet.

I figure the SP story mode has gotta be worth $5...but this is EA, after all. Does this game have micro-transactions or a bunch of the boxers locked as paid DLC...?

Wolfenstein: The New Order on Xbox One will be $40 this weekend.

Quake Arena, Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and Doom 2 on Xbox 360 will all be 50% off this weekend.

I think I'll get Doom to finally get through it all.

It's an excellent port, aside from the button mapping. There are no hotkeys for switching weapons, just a next and a previous button, and they don't even buffer your inputs (so you can't, for example, tap next twice quickly to skip an intervening weapon, you have to cycle through each of them). Meanwhile half the buttons on the huge brick of buttons you're holding in your hands go completely unused. They sort of fixed this in the Doom II port, by mapping a couple weapons to each of the four cardinal points on the D-pad, but it's still not ideal.

Ruze789

I'm interested in getting Doom 1&2 because it's been forever since i played them, and then remembered I have the Collectors Edition of Doom 3 for the OG Xbox... dug it out, and it includes Ultimate Doom and Doom 2.

Is there a substantial difference between that and the one that'll be going on sale, is it worth rebuying those?

Montresor

GOTY. Real talk

Wolftenstein is definitely amazing. I've had more fun with Watch Dogs and Titanfall though. I'd give my GOTY to Watch Dogs so far.

Best thing about Wolfenstein is it's an FPS released in 2014 with these qualities:

a) Does not have a tacked-on multiplayer, and
b) The game lightens the mood with some very surprising, lengthy exploration segments in between the action-heavy chapters. It felt like I was playing some RPG. It reminded me of Half Life 2. It was all bang bang bang, shooting, killing, stranglin' Nazis, and then some quiet, calm alone time at mother base, and then some more action, and so on.

Top Bottom