• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL Ultimate Game Sale starts tomorrow

cuilan

Not a bad sale for me. Picked up:

Child of Eden
Ninja Gaiden 2
Kingdoms of Amalur

And they were all practically free thanks to the Gamestop promos.

Fox Mulder

Meh sale.

thought about getting NASCAR today after playing the hell out of F1, but it looks like a barebones shit game below what EA was even doing. Activison..

So as someone who's mostly indifferent to Gears, should I pick up 3 just for the SP?

For reference, I have beaten 1 and 2 over the years as I've always found the core gameplay satisfying.... just not the dopey story, world, and it's characters.

THEF3AR

So as someone who's mostly indifferent to Gears, should I pick up 3 just for the SP?

For reference, I have beaten 1 and 2 over the years as I've always found the core gameplay satisfying.... just not the dopey story, world, and it's characters.

Gears of War 3's campaign is pretty stellar. It has a pretty good story to it too. I'd recommend a pick up!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Think I'm gonna pick up Fusion anyways :(

I would say the story marginally improved going from game to game. If you played 1 and 2, you might as well play 3, especially considering you like the core gameplay. I liked some of the encounters in 3 a lot.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

Aw c'mon man, how can you not like the Cole Train??!!

statham

I prefer 2-1-3, but they are all fantastic campaigns, for $5 you will love it.

DanielJr82

My Haul
Fallout 3 - $5
Fallout: New Vegas - $5
Gears of War 3 - $5
Gears of War 3 Season Pass - $15
Portal 2 - $7
Skyrim - $5
----------------------
Total - $42

And about 50GB of data... my ISP is going to send me an e-mail, a fine, or something telling me to cool it. :p The crazy thing is I already own all these games on discs, but having them one click away is so much more convenient. Worth it! Looking forward to the next sale (next year?), maybe I'll snatch up other favorites. I wouldn't mind having the Mass Effect series, Red Dead Redemption, Just Cause 2, and the original Portal easily accessible on the cheap.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Yes

It has amazing matchmaking too. Pretty easy to find games even now. With the sale you should find plenty of new people online too.

Mmhhh... sold I guess? I own the game on PC but the online is dead and tho I'll miss the lush @Ultra visuals I remember the game looking gorgeous on consoles too (and it was locked at 30fps also on PC anyway).

Game is fantastic and a very different take on arcade racing, still feels fresh today, shame we'll never get a sequel

If anyone here wants to have a few matches together on SPLIT/SECOND every once in a while, add me on Live!

GT is dashkap
I don't own a mic on 360, tho I do on Xbox One/PS4/WiiU/whatever so if needed we can find a way, lol
(gaffers only, please tell me who you are on GAF in the fr or send me a PM afterwards)

Crumbtiny

So how about the Silent Hill HD Collection? I haven't seen people comment on it in this thread, so maybe that tells me what I need to know. I thought I remember reading that the retail version of this was pretty buggy (or possibly broken). Is that still the case with the digital version?

I love playing horror/scary games around Halloween so would this be good to have? I've heard people say that 2 is the best in the series (I only played the first game on PS1 and enjoyed it). So is this worth having? I mean for $10 bucks...

So how about the Silent Hill HD Collection? I haven't seen people comment on it in this thread, so maybe that tells me what I need to know. I thought I remember reading that the retail version of this was pretty buggy (or possibly broken). Is that still the case with the digital version?

I love playing horror/scary games around Halloween so would this be good to have? I've heard people say that 2 is the best in the series (I only played the first game on PS1 and enjoyed it). So is this worth having? I mean for $10 bucks...

Don't buy it. Total garbage. They ported it with their feet.

Cheddahz

Banned

mult_keys.gif

tav7623

I know that the PS3 version of SH HD Collection is a mess (don't know about the Xbox 360 version only that a patch that was released for the PS3 version was not made available for the 360 version) and that it contained altered (new voice acting - in SH 2 it's optional though it's not in SH 3, new music, "modified" cut scenes, "modified" "HD" textures) versions of Silent Hill 2 & 3 instead of high def versions of the original games which pissed off fans of the original games because the changes altered the tone/intent/design of the original games in a negative way instead of the positive way the HD Collection's producers claimed while trying to hype the game.

If you are interested and have the time there are two videos (about an hour each) on youtube by Twin Perfect that covers most of the changes done in the HD Collection though I should caution that these videos might be a bit polarizing cause they do contain a lot of (mostly negative) opinions towards the team behind the SH HD collection.

Part 1
Part 2

Crumbtiny

I know that the PS3 version of SH HD Collection is a mess (don't know about the Xbox 360 version only that a patch that was released for the PS3 version was not made available for the 360 version) and that it contained altered (new voice acting - in SH 2 it's optional though it's not in SH 3, new music, "modified" cut scenes, "modified" "HD" textures) versions of Silent Hill 2 & 3 instead of high def versions of the original games which pissed off fans of the original games because the changes altered the tone/intent/design of the original games in a negative way instead of the positive way the HD Collection's producers claimed while trying to hype the game.

If you are interested and have the time there are two videos (about an hour each) on youtube by Twin Perfect that covers most of the changes done in the HD Collection though I should caution that these videos might be a bit polarizing cause they do contain a lot of (mostly negative) opinions towards the team behind the SH HD collection.

Part 1
Part 2

Thank you both. Such a shame! Oh well, picked up Fallout NV and Split Second so it's not like I don't have plenty to play already. And October this year I'll have Alien: Isolation so I'll have something for Halloween.

Alright, with only 30 minutes left for the sale I decided to grab Fallout: New Vegas as I remember having a blast with it on my PS3 back in the day. I personally liked it more than Fallout 3 and am looking forward to going through it again.

I feel like the only games left that I truly need in my digital library now in order to feel complete are Red Dead Redemption and Spec Ops: The Line. I want Dead Space 2 as well but I guess I'm gonna have to get that off of PSN since it's not available on 360 to download.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hows Bioshock 2? All I know is I was pissed that the original studio wasn't doing it and the fact that you're playing as a big daddy rubbed me the wrong way since that's the part I enjoyed least in the first one.....

It's fantastic. The dramatic tension isn't as good as the first game. But the combat is better. And the DLC is excellent. Maybe better than the main game really.

Top Bottom