• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL Ultimate Game Sale starts tomorrow

I have purchased:

Gears 3
Fallout 3
Bioshock Infinite
Skyrim

Thinking about snagging Split/Second. Consensus seems to be that it is worth it?

chugen

only one game for me, The Witcher 2. and that's a big download gonna wait tomorow to play. i hope i will like it, i tried it once but only for a few minutes, i will take my time now.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
How is Darksiders 2?
Pretty good. I think it might be slightly better than the first game. The puzzles are less annoying and there's more of an open world, it seems. I just started playing but I'm liking it so far. Kind of makes me want to buy the original game again.

If you liked the first game you will like the second game. I loved it.

I adored the first game, and gave up about 4 hours into Darksiders 2 (meant to go back, but cannot bring myself too).

It is a completely different kind agame in my opinion. A lot of stuff got added, and not all of it works.

EBreda

Split second is the best arcade racer of last gen, imo.
Great drifting, great career, I just needed a more flashed out multi-player. Anyway, I put a lot of hours into it, made it to rank 1 online, and unlocked every single car. Awesome game.

Added some funds to my Colombia account, and bought GoW3. I will finally get to play it, and got it for cheaper than I could ever get it on retail here. More Xbox 360 games are supposed to go on sale this week, right?

Also, is it just me, or is Xbox Live extremely slow? Like, really really slow... these downloads are taking forever.

ryan299

I bought skate 2. Didn't know that the servers had been shut down. Incredibly stupid bc now I can't get any of the online achievements.

Feindflug

Split second is the best arcade racer of last gen, imo.
Great drifting, great career, I just needed a more flashed out multi-player. Anyway, I put a lot of hours into it, made it to rank 1 online, and unlocked every single car. Awesome game.

I remember trying the demo back when the game released and I didn't like the handling, I'll give it a try again.

It's not like I have many choices with the 5e on my account (I wanted Bioshock Infinite but it's 10e)...I am between Split/Second and New Vegas. :/

I want Skyrim but I have a rule that I won't spend more than $5 on any game included in these sales as that's the only way I feel like I got a steal. I'm thinking about getting New Vegas as I remember having a ball with it a few years ago on my PS3.

MauroNL

I am trying not to expect anything. You will always end up being disappointed lol. Lets see if we get anything tomorrow at all.
Praying for a decent Ryse sale. Otherwise discount on Wolfenstein will probably persuade me to pick it up, but I'm afraid that's just wishful thinking.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I adored the first game, and gave up about 4 hours into Darksiders 2 (meant to go back, but cannot bring myself too).

It is a completely different kind agame in my opinion. A lot of stuff got added, and not all of it works.

I found that the dungeons were very much the same type of game. The open world changed it up a bit. But I loved how Death controlled. Everything about that series suits my gaming tastes.

Darkmakaimura

I found that the dungeons were very much the same type of game. The open world changed it up a bit. But I loved how Death controlled. Everything about that series suits my gaming tastes.
Same here except the puzzles can get monotonous. Way too many of them and break the flow of the game, especially in the first one.

Praying for a decent Ryse sale. Otherwise discount on Wolfenstein will probably persuade me to pick it up, but I'm afraid that's just wishful thinking.

Keep an eye out on gamefly for Ryse. I think it was 25 dollars in their last sale and comes complete with brand new case and any codes.

Are we ever gonna get a deal on Dead Space 2 or is that like some holy grail or something? Hell, I've never even seen it on the marketplace.

Darkmakaimura

Are we ever gonna get a deal on Dead Space 2 or is that like some holy grail or something? Hell, I've never even seen it on the marketplace.
It's not on the marketplace. Nor is Dead Space 3. Neither is ME2 or ME3. I guess EA doesn't want their bigger (in file size perhaps) games up there?

There will be another collection of games on sale in a few minutes (although Gold exclusive Deal of the Week stuff). Maybe there will be something good in there?

Lima

It's not on the marketplace. Nor is Dead Space 3. Neither is ME2 or ME3. I guess EA doesn't want their bigger (in file size perhaps) games up there?

You need to put work in to make a GoD version of these multi disc games. You can't just put up the exact images of the discs since Microsoft doesn't allow that for some reason (or maybe it's a technical issue).

So you either have to do what CDPR did with Witcher 2 and reduce the file size so that it would fit a single DVD (quite an impressive feat if you ask me) or break up the other discs in compatibility pack chunks of 2GB each like Rockstar did for LA Noire or Max Payne 3.

Whatever you do it's additional work, the game needs to be re-certified so money is also an issue. EA probably thinks that they won't make much money off these games on GoD to be worth the effort.

Springy

Pick ups:

Portal 2
BloodRayne Betrayal
KoFXIII
Dragon Age 2
Serious Sam 3 BFE
Skate 2
Painkiller: Hell & Damnation
Assassin's Creed Liberation

Wallet ;_;

You need to put work in to make a GoD version of these multi disc games. You can't just put up the exact images of the discs since Microsoft doesn't allow that for some reason (or maybe it's a technical issue).

So you either have to do what CDPR did with Witcher 2 and reduce the file size so that it would fit a single DVD (quite an impressive feat if you ask me) or break up the other discs in compatibility pack chunks of 2GB each like Rockstar did for LA Noire or Max Payne 3.

Whatever you do it's additional work, the game needs to be re-certified so money is also an issue. EA probably thinks that they won't make much money off these games on GoD to be worth the effort.

That's a shame they think that because for catalogue titles I only buy digital now, mainly because of the great sales we've been getting. I'm pretty sure those games are all on psn so I'll just buy them there eventually I guess. I'm pretty sure DS2 was free on ps plus awhile back so maybe that'll come back around.

SheHateMe

I picked up TWD: Season 2 Season Pass and I'm picking up Split/Second.

My question is, should I go ahead and pick up this Halo 4 map pack? I own Halo 4 (still in the shrinkwrap; don't worry, I didn't pay for it) and I don't own a XBO, so the MCC is out for me.

I'm just wondering if it's worth it to pick it up or not. At $12.99, it's a good buy, but if no one will be online to play it, why bother, you know?

Secretly, I was hoping for a Reach sale with all this GS money, but alas...

matthieuC

I picked up TWD: Season 2 Season Pass and I'm picking up Split/Second.

My question is, should I go ahead and pick up this Halo 4 map pack? I own Halo 4 (still in the shrinkwrap; don't worry, I didn't pay for it) and I don't own a XBO, so the MCC is out for me.

I'm just wondering if it's worth it to pick it up or not. At $12.99, it's a good buy, but if no one will be online to play it, why bother, you know?

Secretly, I was hoping for a Reach sale with all this GS money, but alas...
Don't get the map packs. They don't pop up often in multiplayer and it's not like they're awesome maps anyway.

Darkmakaimura

Don't get the map packs. They don't pop up often in multiplayer and it's not like they're awesome maps anyway.
Yup. I got the Halo 4 Season Pass and it's a waste so far. Since getting it on Thursday, I have not seen one freaking new map. With Halo 3, the maps actually came up. Halo 4, not at all.

Top Bottom