• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox CEO Phil Spencer - "We have no plans to bring Xbox Game Pass to PlayStation or Nintendo."

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

"I'll start by saying we have no plans to bring Game Pass to PlayStation or Nintendo. It's not in our plans. But I think you hit on the right point of 'what it means to own an Xbox.' The thing I want to be focused on is how do we continue to innovate for people who've made the commitment to our hardware platform? And how do we continue to make sure that they feel great about their investment in what we've built.

I'm obviously going to have my own point of view on our hardware. But I think our hardware teams did a great job with the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S this generation, giving value and performance in the hardware line. When I think about investments in things like Game Pass, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, cross play, and cross save, and ID@Xbox, all of these things — I want us to continue to innovate, so people on our console feel like we're making investments in console that matches their commitment they're making to us.

Game Pass was one of the things you know that over the last five years we built, and we continue to grow, it's on PC, it's on cloud. It's an important part of the Xbox console identity. And I think it will continue to be that. And we will continue to look at future ways for us to innovate across our game portfolio and our platform."

Season 3 Homer GIF by The Simpsons

Last edited:

FrankWza

How in the world did windows central pull that exclusive?

suck my dick GIF

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Can any interview be considered "exclusive" when Phil Spencer gives like 8 a week?

Microsoft: "we'd like to see Gamepass on Playstation and Nintendo"
Sony and Nintendo: "Fuck off, we don't want your shit on our systems"
Microsoft: "Hah, joke's on you. We never wanted to anyway"

Last edited:

gothmog

Gold Member
Phil is using the royal we or something? He seems to be talking more about his opinions on the matter.

Woopah

The model probably doesn't work when you're paying 30% of your subscription revenue to someone else.

SHA

Idk, the 2028 version will be them making a fair deal when it reaches high numbers, there won't be division between blue and green then, just third party companies making deals, Nintendo will become the only first party company.

The model probably doesn't work when you're paying 30% of your subscription revenue to someone else.

Currently they are getting 0% from the 100m+/40m+ PlayStation userbase. If they made an compelling offer with some assurances then Sony might go for it.

DJ12

The third party dream.

It's over Phil.
Fixed it for you.

If Jim wanted that hot trash, it would already be on PlayStation.

Realistically, Stuart pissed on their thunder and he's seen the engagement dropping and the shills revolting on X and has tried to put a dampner on it, just like he did with the series x without a drive which some people seem convinced is the big announcement.

Last edited:

odhiex

I don't see it (Gamepass) will land on any competing ecosystems (including STEAM) anytime soon, if not ever.

I am more interested to see how many XBOX first party games would be selling to other platforms, beyond the current ActiBlizzard titles and Minecraft?

Last edited:

NickFire

He said a lot without saying much at all if you ask me. For example:

"I asked Spencer if Microsoft has a plan for the "innovation" he mentioned, and to describe what said innovations might look like.

"We absolutely do. Just just last month, we elevated Sarah Bond to be the president of Xbox, the hardware team is in her organisation, the platform and services team are in her organisation. We made that we made that organisational move specifically to ensure we had a unified focus for our innovation roadmap across hardware and services. That includes the developer platform for Xbox consoles as well. That's about innovation we're doing within our teams, but we'll have more to talk about in terms of what we're doing in the hardware space, and in the service space — there's a lot of there's a lot of great work for us to do. We're always listening."

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

Season 3 Homer GIF by The Simpsons

Correction: the dream™️ version 73 is dead. It will come back around, it always does. Has been for two decades.

Movie Raise The Roof GIF by Star Wars

On topic, I tried to tell y’all in the CFO thread.

Top Bottom