• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

BraXzy

It's insane how quickly this thing is consistantaly going out of stock on Amazon. It has been getting restocked every few minutes for an hour or two at a time still goes OOS in 60 seconds.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Is Microsoft still lying about claiming the Elite controller works with Windows 7? It never recognized it so I had to upgrade to Win10, but I'm so frustrated with various issues of 10 that I'll be reverting back to Win7. On the official Elite website, they claim the Elite controller works with Win7, but the link to the driver takes you to the standard XB1 controller info. Misleading as hell.

I have an extra controller, still in the box, and never opened if anybody wants to buy it from me. I was going to return it to the MS store but figured I'll check with some gaffers first.

I bought one from GameStop and forgot to cancel my MS one. Fantastic controller, can't play my Xbox without it.

It's insane how quickly this thing is consistantaly going out of stock on Amazon. It has been getting restocked every few minutes for an hour or two at a time still goes OOS in 60 seconds.

how do you know this?

I've had mine ordered for a week now and still not shipped.

I have an extra controller, still in the box, and never opened if anybody wants to buy it from me. I was going to return it to the MS store but figured I'll check with some gaffers first.

I bought one from GameStop and forgot to cancel my MS one. Fantastic controller, can't play my Xbox without it.

Price?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I stumbled into some on the shelf at a local Best Buy this evening and decided to take the plunge. They had four.

Really impressed with it so far. Currently I've settled on just using the two shorter paddles on the bottom slots. Trying to use four was overwhelming me. Mostly just played Halo 5 with the left paddle for boost and the right for jump. I think I like the regular sticks best as I don't care for convex sticks and the tall ones are too tall for me. I have t used the road enough to decide yet, but I have the new design on still for the time being.

Fjordson

I stumbled into some on the shelf at a local Best Buy this evening and decided to take the plunge. They had four.

Really impressed with it so far. Currently I've settled on just using the two shorter paddles on the bottom slots. Trying to use four was overwhelming me. Mostly just played Halo 5 with the left paddle for boost and the right for jump. I think I like the regular sticks best as I don't care for convex sticks and the tall ones are too tall for me. I have t used the road enough to decide yet, but I have the new design on still for the time being.
Interesting. Might check my Best Buy.

enemy2k

Recently picked up an Xbox One on Black Friday and I want one of these controllers so bad. I really like the stock One controller so can't imagine how amazing the Elite is! So jelly of you guys who have one :)

Can anyone recommend what to set the dead zones at for triggers? I use hairpin on right trigger only. Mainly play halo 5, cod, and Star Wars. Thanks!

Bsigg12

Can anyone recommend what to set the dead zones at for triggers? I use hairpin on right trigger only. Mainly play halo 5, cod, and Star Wars. Thanks!

Go into the app and see where the trigger pull stops then adjust the bottom of the range just inside that. Hell, if you want you could make it so just barely pulling the trigger registers a 100% pull.

Ecto311

Nowinstock woke me up with it at Walmart and pickup by the 21st. Looks like it's still there. Did cash in store so I have 48hr to regret the purchase and not even go into the store to pay.

Kudo

Thinking of picking one up to use as my primary PC controller, these seem to be out of stock everywhere.
Are people having any issues with these? General impressions seem really good.

Also can the controller be used without any paddles? I'll probably just want one for running with Dark Souls so the rest would just come in way, can I just snap em out?
How configurable is the controller and do I need some app for it with Windows 10 to do that?

Thanks.

Fjordson

Thinking of picking one up to use as my primary PC controller, these seem to be out of stock everywhere.
Are people having any issues with these? General impressions seem really good.

Also can the controller be used without any paddles? I'll probably just want one for running with Dark Souls so the rest would just come in way, can I just snap em out?
How configurable is the controller and do I need some app for it with Windows 10 to do that?

Thanks.
I'm using this for my PC controller (don't even have an Xbone yet). It's pretty great so far. Feels amazing and the sticks are great (huge upgrade over the DS4 sticks).

Paddles are magnetic and snap in and out super easily. I'm actually only using two right now (can have up to four).

Vitacat

Sorry, i should have just read the OP like a smart person. lol

Anyone find out how to map a paddle to take a screenshot/video? or is that completely tied to the chat pad for now :(

Wait... So the chat pad will take screens and vids without pressing the Xbox button twice or running the game dvr?

If so then I NEED one!

Wait... So the chat pad will take screens and vids without pressing the Xbox button twice or running the game dvr?

If so then I NEED one!

Yeah they have two buttons on it i think that are default to those actions. you can change it too.

3593c3ed-37fc-4c46-b8f7-54d5fcd05b7d.png

X1 and X2 keys
These keys let you take screenshots and record game video. The keys are mapped as shown here:
◦Function key X1 - take a screenshot.
◦Function key X2 - turn the last 30 seconds of gameplay into a game clip.

Note These keys do not function when using Windows 10.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-chatpad-info

Zyae

My Play and Charger battery stopped charging in my Elite suddenly. I dont think the battery is dead because this happened to a buddy with an elite too. Im using the cable that came with the controller and the cable that came with the kit. Any ideas?

Fjordson

This thing is just amazing. Been using it for Fallout and I love it.

It also inspired me to finally start Ori and the Blind Forest (got it in the last Steam sale). Not sure I've ever felt extra motivation to play games because of a controller before.

Top Bottom