• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

Has anyone successfully returned their Elite for an exchange via Microsoft?

I got it set up so that I could, but then realized it was self-shipping ans asked if there was a way around that since it came like that and I'm unemployed. I didn't want to spend $20-30 shipping it to the US.

The lady said she'd send me a new one out within 3-5 days as a thank you for being a loyal customer, but it never arrived and when I asked they kept telling me to wait.

I guess they can't actually do that, so I have to mail it in. I'm tentative, because it bugs me (the idea of sending something expensive in the mail and not knowing when I'll get one back) but I guess I need to.

Does the elite have the same stick base/switch as the regular controller? Most importantly the grey clip on the left hand side.

Interested in a purchase but this is what fails every time for me.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to epoxy the clip back in place!

Does the elite have the same stick base/switch as the regular controller? Most importantly the grey clip on the left hand side.

Interested in a purchase but this is what fails every time for me.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to epoxy the clip back in place!

Yes. Switches for analog sticks and buttons are same as the regular controller.

Says 9 left in stock, check again.

IT showed me this ...

Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

Xbudz

IT showed me this ...

Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

Damn. If you use nowinstock.net they will email you the moment it comes back in stock. That's how I was able to get a couple. They seem to get new stock every other day but it goes so damn fast.

Madness

Finally got one today at an Ebgames. Said that they only have received two for the past several weeks in their shipments and this one had just come today. I had been calling since Halo 5 launch. So far feels mighty impressive, but I can see why some said the paddles are way too sensitive. Don't know if it's really worth the money I spent. Will have to get some games in, utilize the control settings and see.

I better be able to use this damn thing next gen though.

Kudo

I raise you: a white xbox elite controller
drool

screenshot%202015-12-16%2017.31.05.png

I've decided, if they ever release Lunar White Elite I will buy it.
Looks b-e-autiful.

Has anybody been sharing their configurations for games? Or is there some place to download more configurations? I'm disappointed that the configuration app only has like 6 or 7 configurations... 2 for Forza, a handful for Halo, etc. Was thinking there's be one for almost every game.

Anyone have any impressions on the new D pad thingy?
I swapped to the classic dpad day one then eventually went to the disc one.

I am back on the classic dpad because the disc is harder to find the directions quickly. The disc one also isn't as useful for KI as I thought it would be.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
If there is a MS near your area just go there. I live in Toronto, and everytime I have been to MS store, they always seems to have some in stock.

So....I have a bit of an odd request, does anyone have dimensions/pictures of the box compared to a Master Chief edition controller box? Maybe the carrying case next to it as well? I have a box I got last week sitting on top of my PC that is suspiciously Elite controller size but it sounds like there is some loose bits in the package and I've been told I have to wait until Friday to open it.

Pepiope

So....I have a bit of an odd request, does anyone have dimensions/pictures of the box compared to a Master Chief edition controller box? Maybe the carrying case next to it as well? I have a box I got last week sitting on top of my PC that is suspiciously Elite controller size but it sounds like there is some loose bits in the package and I've been told I have to wait until Friday to open it.
Just enjoy the mystery until Christmas. :p

Drain You

Wonder what the chances of finding one in retail stores tomorrow will be like in the US. Tempted to check best buy and / or a MS store in the morning and see if I could pick one up.

I've been keeping an eye out for these and the chatpad while doing my regular Christmas shopping and haven't seen many. Shouldn't be impossible though.

RoKKeR

In stock at Best Buy... with Halo 5 included? Seems too good to be true. Hovering on the trigger... should I do it?

Edit: Fuck it, pulled the trigger. Will sell Halo 5. Should get here on Wednesday... hyped!

Pepiope

In stock at Best Buy... with Halo 5 included? Seems too good to be true. Hovering on the trigger... should I do it?

Edit: Fuck it, pulled the trigger. Will sell Halo 5. Should get here on Wednesday... hyped!
It was in stock without halo. With Halo is still a good deal

Edit: Oh shit Halo is free? I thought it was $190 with Halo. Get it!

Anyone have issues with these things getting greasy/dirty, etc.

I'm very meticulous with my gaming stuff, but the original xbox one controllers are pretty bad about this.

Bsigg12

I'm very meticulous with my gaming stuff, but the original xbox one controllers are pretty bad about this.

The rubber coating will build a sheen on it even if you are washing your hands before using it. Nothing crazy but you'll definitely be able to see the areas of the controller your hands touch.

Pepiope

I think I'm just going to have to buy this one at Best Buy and return the one from Target when it comes. Getting Halo for free is too good a deal to pass up.

Now to sell Halo...

Madness

The only thing I don't like is, the middle housing where the guide button is and what touches the bumpers, slightly moves side to side when I press the bumpers. It's very slight but noticeable shifting. It doesn't happen on my stock, old bumper white sunset controller. I wonder if it's a consequence of being able to press the shoulder buttons at any point instead of just end tips.

Awakened

Anyone have any impressions on the new D pad thingy?
The best thing about the disc for me is that it takes less force to hit directions than the cross. I tested Gradius with both and the cross fatigued my thumb pretty quickly. I think it's because the disc has raised edges, which gives you more leverage. The disc is much more comfortable for rolling motions too since it doesn't have hard edges to catch your thumb on. I agree that the cross is easier to feel directions on, but you get used to the disc's position after awhile and can be about as precise with it.

Drain You

I'm super meticulous when it comes to this controller also. I basically only use it for games where I will benefit from it. I also keep it in the case 100% of the time it's not being used. So far so good for me.

Top Bottom