• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Studios Head Says 'Decision Has Not Been Made' on Outer Worlds 2 PlayStation Release

Kokoloko85

All of a sudden lol. Pretty sure everyone knows ms is just saying all of these things so they get the Activision deal through

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Playstation owners feel entitled to games another company owns is what I'm seeing. Microsoft owns them and can do whatever they want.
Well...yea, there are some playstation fanboys who think they should have everything on their piece of plastic, sure. Some of them slither around on this forum and they are pretty easy to spot.

However, I do see what Microsoft is doing as far as their acquisition strategy to begin with is somewhat troublesome. The Matt Booty (redacted) email could be particularly damning. I'm careful not to say definitely because we don't know exactly what it says. Also, I don't believe that email is part of this case. At least not yet.

Don't get it twisted though. Jim Ryan has been caught in a lie too apparently. Emails he sent state that he never thought the deal would be an exclusive play. That's not what he told the regulators. So this whole thing is pretty damn messy. Just grab a bag of popcorn, don't necessarily pick a side and laugh at those who do.

Xbox still chasing that Activision deal :messenger_tears_of_joy:

michael-rosenbaum-buddy.gif

Pimpbaa

You’d think with Starfield coming out, they would have Obsidian working on something other than another fallout/elder scrolls in space type game. Especially with Starfield looking like it’s going to do that a whole lot better than Outer Worlds 1.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I would rather they just cancel the game if its written anything like the first. That game fucking stunk.

cireza

Unless the game was announced for PlayStation or tied to a contract before Bethesda was bought, they don't have to release it on PlayStation if they don't want. Sounds easy enough to understand.

Ozriel

M$FT
Sounds like the "case by case" basis bs. It will be exclusive at the conclusion of the ABK deal.

They certainly never promised a ‘case by case’ basic for Obsidian or any other XGS studio.

UK, US and even EU regulators to some extent seem to disagree with you. But maybe they are also Playstation gamers, who knows.

Regulators haven’t expressed any issue with MS future plans for Bethesda, Obsidian, Ninja Theory, Playground etc.

You’d think with Starfield coming out, they would have Obsidian working on something other than another fallout/elder scrolls in space type game. Especially with Starfield looking like it’s going to do that a whole lot better than Outer Worlds 1.

Avowed?

geary

They are working on Avowed. I dont belive we will see OW2 untill 2026 at least, if Avowed is 2024 title.

Three

The Sony mentality of what’s mine is mine and what’s yours is mine that they’ve got the CMA and FTC to buy into apparently.
I don't think anybody has ever even suggested they are upset that this game is exclusive or that MS can't make it exclusive. It's more the absolute buffoonery of MS suggesting that their acquisitions are not about taking away games, that it's about growing the market, then announcing it exclusive, then saying it's undecided when questioned in court, saying they don't want to fracture established communities then doing it for the sequel. They're like a dishonest headless chicken. I haven't seen anybody act entitled to the game though.

I don't think anybody has ever even suggested they are upset that this game is exclusive or that MS can't make it exclusive. It's more the absolute buffoonery of MS suggesting that their acquisitions are not about taking away games, that it's about growing the market, then announcing it exclusive, then saying it's undecided when questioned in court, saying they don't want to fracture established communities then doing it for the sequel. They're like a dishonest headless chicken. I haven't seen anybody act entitled to the game though.
I don't think they personally feel that way, but I do think they've lobbied the FTC and CMA quite successfully on it ... I mean, both regulators want to make this a statement of stopping 'Bigh Tech', so they'll take whatever ammo they can.

As for the mixed PR, I agree it's appeared quite all over the place. Probably due in no small part to having to placate regulators, manage PR and also manage shareholder expectations.

Pimpbaa

Why are people mentioning Bethesda in this thread? The game is by Obsidian.

Because Outer Worlds was a very Bethesda like game. Both in terms of how the game plays and how ugly the character modeling was. And yes I’m aware Avowed is their next game. Just after that, would people still have interest in a Outer Worlds 2.

Top Bottom