• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX/Gamecube Audio question.

whzup444

So, I'm buying a 5.1 Channel Home Theatre System for my dorm room (not too expensive- $225 Samsung HT-P38 800-Watt System). The system has a fiber optic audio input port...will I be able to hook up my XBOX or my Gamecube to the system? How would I go about doing that? Thanks.

Shompola

Banned
For Xbox : You need to buy an optical cable AND the high-def pack or whatever it is called that has optical out on the cable, there are 3rd party cables that have the optical out aswell.
For GC : The regular RCA(white/red plugs) cable for sound that comes with the GC is enough. Set the Receiver to DPL II and if it doesnt have it DPL.

Sullichin

I have a similar Samsung system. It has standard A/V ports in the back, so what I do for GCN/PS2/XB is simply hook up the red and white and S-Video to an A/V selector, then the red/white from the selector to the Aux inputs on the back of the reciever, with S-Video going to the TV. Works wonderfully. Don't know about fiber optic stuff, sorry.

Top Bottom