• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase 2024 + Call of Duty Direct | Official Neogaf |OT|

Are you hyped for the event?

• Yes

Votes: 143 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 49 16.5%
  • Neither, but i will watch it for the new games

Votes: 105 35.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hyped? I haven't been this hyped for a game conference in years. We could possibly see:

Perfect Dark
Doom the dark ages
Fable
Indiana Jones
Age of Mythology
Avowed
Gears 6
State of Decay 3
Oblivion remake
Fallout 3 remaster
Flight Simulator 2024

Plus a load of new announcements AND possibly the Xbox handheld.

I'm flapping good tonight

Cautious optimism at best. There will be people who are going to praise them regardless of what is shown. That was made clear after the negativity recently and the 10/10 reviews with Hellblade 2. Community infected with fakes and grifters like those twats in the tweet above.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Need really narrowly focused release dates for a lot of these. If there aren't then the reaction is just gonna build from a frustrated fan base with the entire generations output. Exactly what Sony are suffering from too.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Cautious optimism at best. There will be people who are going to praise them regardless of what is shown. That was made clear after the negativity recently and the 10/10 reviews with Hellblade 2. Community infected with fakes and grifters like those twats in the tweet above.

The evangelizers are in the house, ready.

Agree with that. The rabid fanboys who treat Xbox like a religion freak me out. I get serious serial killer vibes from those people.

Saying that, I'm confident this can be the best Xbox show in years!

Kurotri

If there's one thing that I always liked about Xbox is that they have been consistently good when it comes to shows. I expect this year to be no different, especially after the garbage we were fed by Sony and Geoff. Fable and Doom is all I need to see, everything else is icing on the cake. Though I can't say I'm really *hyped* about it, just positive that it'll be a good show.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Thank You So Much GIF by euphoria

bowing-thank-you.gif

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Shit timing. Have my last soccer event as coach for my nearly 8 year old and my 5 year old has his soccer season ending party. Why the fuck do they do big events during the middle of a Sunday when the weather is great. Not that I care enough to watch it live, I just don't get the timing.

POKEYCLYDE

Not hyped based on the absolute dog water we've gotten over the past week. But I'll watch and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Two people said we would see a Classic 360 Era Game, but i removed it since it's not 100% confirmed
Oh yeah, that was something indeed rumored. There were two leakers implying we will see a jrpg from X360 era, but it was never said if it was Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, both or something else. Hence my question. Honestly potential Lost Odyssey port / remaster alongside Gears remasters are something I'm hyped more than for newer games lol

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
- Xboy (even though my Switch and ROG Ally have been sitting in the closet 99% of the time so far)

I'm going to be honest. The rumored Xbox handheld is what I'm most excited to see

The thought of playing AoE2, Halo MCC, Doom, Fallout etc on the go is really getting my dick hard.

Do we have a source for Blue Dragon Remastered? Dang, was hoping for Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon is easier to remaster. Lost Odyssey would not look that great today if it is just a remaster - it is one of those "realistic" 3D games of that era and they did not age that well (empty environments etc). It should be like FF7R type of remake to make it work but nobody will commit to do that anymore.

Animated GIF

And I just don't get it. They have the money, the third-parties, tons of first-party games and it just doesn't stick for some reason. It's not good enough.
Because goalposts always move. "Too much CGI", "not enough indies", "too many indies", "too much deep dives", "Gaas updates". This year people will complain if Microsoft won't show some platformer for sure.

Last edited:

Goalus

God I hope not. Lost Odyssey is just so much better and I own both games as physical copies.
Agreed that Lost Odyssey is better, but Blue Dragon is sooo good. I have such fond memories playing it, and that was 2016, since I never had a 360.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Agreed that Lost Odyssey is better, but Blue Dragon is sooo good. I have such fond memories playing it, and that was 2016, since I never had a 360.

I wouldn't mind remasters of both. Or hell, just BC-ify them up with resolution and FPS boost, that's acceptable too.

What are the chances we see a hardware slim revision for Series X/S?

Not a slim but the chances for a disc-less Series X is really high.

Last edited:
I highly respect him for not turning his back on Xbox like others. Good man.

On topic:
I am hyped to the extreme for
- Gears Collection
- Gears 6
- Xboy (even though my Switch and ROG Ally have been sitting in the closet 99% of the time so far)
- Fable
- Any news from Square-Enix

I don’t respect him at all. He’s everything I despise in a fan base and the dislike I have is because I’m a Xbox guy myself and don’t like seeing what the likes of him have done to the community. Built a hive mind with a chip on its shoulder whilst he benefits from grifting for a corporation. A twat.

Last edited:
I wonder if the white series X will be shown or unveiled today as well. A few months ago there were pictures of it floating around several websites eluding to a leak of actual hardware.

Goalus

I don’t respect him at all. He’s everything I despise in a fan base and the dislike I have is because I’m a Xbox guy myself and don’t like seeing what the likes of him have done to the community. Built a hive mind with a chip on its shoulder whilst he benefits from grifting for a corporation. A twat.
Twitter is full of users that are exactly what you are describing, but waving the blue flag instead. I think it's good to have some green counterweight.

Top Bottom