• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Announced for June 11 before the Starfield Show

Hype check time!

• Phil won't let us down, he always delivers!

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • It won't be difficult to surpass the Sony shitshow in any case.

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Phil my boy, this is your last chance of redemption.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • It will suck, can't convince me otherwise.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • First-party stuff only or bust!

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will remain optimistic for this. With all the studios they have acquired and all the supposed games they are working on I wonder what if anything will be shown? Off the top of my head I would love to finally see with my own eyes……..Everwild, Fable, Perfect Dark, State of decay 3, Hellblade 2, Avowed, maybe Gears 6 and whatever else they could be working on. We have seen nothing on any of these or even heard much as well. If they don’t have anything in relation to any of those games by now then I doubt they ever will.

Xbox is betting big on this one they will bring the big guns with all the games coming later in the year like starfield forza hellblade 2 and avowed
they need to announce new Pro hardware too

Neither of these are coming this year and you know it. Y'all gotta stop doing this to yourselves 🤣

They'll be 2024 releases.

I think we’ve known about this one for a while. Looking forward to it though!

Give me some Hellblade 2 and Avowed.

Want to see the state of those two games. If MS wanted to shed all doubts on their game management capability, we should also get some gameplay for Everwild, State of Decay 3 and Perfect Dark that looks genuinely great.

Would help a lot to put to bed a good deal of concerns with them being able to deliver AAA games that aren't Forza-related.

I think the timing and the fanfest thingy is new but it's just a tactical distraction. Still looking forward to see Starfield.

As a distraction this announcement might work for some of the more hardcore people of the fanbase but it's not enough to take away all the heat RedFall is getting. They needed, like, some gameplay from one of their other big games that might be at the Showcase, to actually wash away the RedFall mess.

Even some small 10-second clip of gameplay from Hellblade II, or Everwild, or Avowed would have done it. This announcement feels regurgitated.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

They have many studios and some with several projects at the same time. And they also have XBoxPublising (2nd party) deals that they could announce.

The issue is what they are willing to advertise and show. If the idea is to follow the "games that will be released in 12 months"... then things will score badly. At least in the ad they don't mention such a thing.

That being said, I am also interested in knowing how much they have invested in agreements with 3rd party, be they temporal exclusives or only marketing, while this last year MS has almost forgotten about the XSERIES advertising 😑.

Without being able to have the ABK games anymore, I suppose there will be some agreement with 3rd party for Gpass or temporary exclusive to cover catalogue gaps in 2024.

Robb

Gold Member
Would help a lot to put to bed a good deal of concerns with them being able to deliver AAA games that aren't Forza-related.
Would help a bit I guess but at this point I think they’ve burned a lot of their bridges. I think most people need to see change in their actual output over time.

Having good showings with cool announcements mean very little when the actual result is mediocre in the end.

But it’ll be a fun watch either way. I hope they feel some pressure, that’ll likely result in more fun stuff for us!

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Featuring : Hellblade 2 Senua's saga, a typical cinematic, 3rd person over the shoulder action adventure-game with "not that much gameplay®" that you love to shit on other platforms but that you'll now love 'cause it's on yours.
Only on Xbox®, coming 2024 - only 4 years after our most powerful console (in the world) launch.

On a serious note, I just stopped caring, this will be filled yet again with promises and... Starfield, it's all just so tiring at this point.
Show, don't tell, put the money where your green mouth is MS

Last edited:
Featuring : Hellblade 2 Senua's saga, a typical, cinematic, 3rd person over the shoulder action adventure-game with not much gameplay® that you love to shit on other platforms but now you'll love.
Only on Xbox®, coming 2024 - only 4 years after our most powerful console (in the world) launch.

On a serious note, I just stopped caring, this will be filled yet again with promises and... Starfield, it's all just so tiring at this point.
Show, don't tell, put the money where your green mouth is
Personally I just want to see Avowed or something else really cool. I already know Bethesda games and fairly confident Starfield will be great. I don’t need to see more of it til comes out.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Trying to deflect that redfall negativity....

Albert Einstein Vintage GIF by US National Archives

Dr_Ifto

All I have to say is that they have a lot of studios that are at the 4-5 year mark that should be showing off something that will release in the next 12 months.

Fredrik

Huh? The showcase is before the Starfield Direct. Thread title change?
Yeah. It’s not like anyone here will miss the Xbox show but the thread title is incorrect.
1. Xbox show
2. Starfield

Then there is a third show, extended Xbox show, 2 days later. Lots of Xbox news coming up soon! 👍

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I think we'll definitely see something from Avowed and more of Hellblade 2. I'd guess Hellblade 2 Spring 2024 and Avowed will be their big Xmas game 2024.

ToadMan

The issue is what they are willing to advertise and show. If the idea is to follow the "games that will be released in 12 months"... then things will score badly. At least in the ad they don't mention such a thing.

We are going to get yet more trailers for games they said would be released in 12 months last time around...

XXL

I just want to see some gameplay footage trailers of Avowed and Fable. Those 2 interest me the most at the moment and I just want to see what they are more than anything. Skeptical on seeing Fable, but maybe.

Last edited:
I have no faith anymore. I have been mostly skeptical the past year but after the delays and this Redfall debacle, its gonna take a lot for MS to regain my trust.

Lone Wolf

.......what you're more likely to get,a sub 30fps State of Decay 3 demo followed by a drunk Phil Spencer declaring on stage he's fucking done with this shit before stripping off his Panzer Dragoon Orta shirt and diving headlong into the audience.
If this happens it would Xbox’s best show in years.

MarkMe2525

I think the timing and the fanfest thingy is new but it's just a tactical distraction. Still looking forward to see Starfield.
I may be misinterpreting your post, but the fanfest is not new. I went to the 2015 fanfest and they gave us tickets to E3.

Side note, the fanfest after-party and E3 was one of the coolest experiences of my life. Free beer/food and time with unreleased games, at the fanfest, was such a good time. Also, being able to attend an E3 in person was a bucket list item for me. The only thing that could have made it better, was If I was able to bring somebody who was into gaming with me. I was new to Los Angeles and hadn't really met many people at the time.

reksveks

I may be misinterpreting your post, but the fanfest is not new. I went to the 2015 fanfest and they gave us tickets to E3.

Side note, the fanfest after-party and E3 was one of the coolest experiences of my life. Free beer/food and time with unreleased games, at the fanfest, was such a good time. Also, being able to attend an E3 in person was a bucket list item for me. The only thing that could have made it better, was If I was able to bring somebody who was into gaming with me. I was new to Los Angeles and hadn't really met many people at the time.
Oh yeah, I meant the announcement of this year's fanfest not the concept of fanfest.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I swear, if I see 20 more fucking indies for Game Pass at this show I am going to start flipping tables.

Where the fuck is Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3, Hellblade 2, Everwild, Fable, The Outer Worlds 2 and Awoved? If none of these titles show up here I am hunting down kanjobazooie kanjobazooie and taking him for ransom.
Personally, I'm down for more indies. Feels like barely any in 2023 compared to last year. GP this year has been dominated by larger releases (Hi-Fi Rush, Atomic Heart, Wo Long, Show, Redfall). Last year I feel like the whole year was top tier indies non-stop (Prodeus, Citizen Sleeper, Immortality, Trek to Yomi, Tunic, Signalis, and on and on).

//DEVIL//

They will announce this huge nice of IPs that are coming in 2024. but for this year we will have SF and FM.

seeing the state of Redfart, I don't have high expectations of high-quality games outside of maybe a couple of studios they own. They always show videos and potential stuff then all of a sudden it's downgraded and looks like a banana.

Last edited:

DarthPutin

I am sure the show will be splashy and entertaining. They will try their best to dazzle audience by any means necessary. Hopefully this time with gameplay for most of it, not just CGI promises. And general release windows.

Unfortunately one game I truly want out of them will take years probably (Fable) but maybe Avowed is good too at least. Senua should be actually relatively close to release by all indications.

Top Bottom