• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox held an internal town hall on Tuesday where Spencer said they don’t plan to stop making consoles

Astray

Did this man just bail prior to the news coming this week lol

It could be something personal and he doesn't want to talk about it.

But Jez has been all over the place since maybe December or something, if anyone needs to get out of the firing line it's him lol. He's been a very big and embarrassing part of how far these Microsoft Gaming rumors have gone.

tmlDan

It could be something personal and he doesn't want to talk about it.

But Jez has been all over the place since maybe December or something, if anyone needs to get out of the firing line it's him lol. He's been a very big and embarrassing part of how far these Microsoft Gaming rumors have gone.
yea, all joking aside, he also mentioned prior to that tweet that people are two faced so maybe it is

It's just a bit of poking fun

Last edited:
And on top of that there was always the Series S for 299 which we know scared Sony a bit. It was meant as a cheap next gen ticket but it has not helped. Not enough at least.

Maybe maybe not. I'm not sure how scared they were since they put the PS5 DE for 400 and barely put it on the market.

That being said, they did raise its price once they probably realized the XSS wasn't selling much.

So who knows. I don't think the XSS was priced at a point enough to ensure it was a force. The difference in price between it and the XSX just isn't really worth it. Now that 4KTVs are in the majority, who wants a console that can't do 4K gaming, oh but you saved 200 bucks? Games are 70 bucks a pop... why spend that much on a game and not get its best?

Killjoy-NL

I recall MS saying that the Xbox One would NEVER be sold without the Kinect, and a couple of days later...
Don't forget about Major Nelson snapping at Angry Joe saying "it isn't a matter of just flipping a switch" when Joe asked why they wouldn’t just abandon the always-online DRM nonsense.

Not even a week later, they abandoned always-online.

Last edited:
Top Bottom