• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LIVE Indie Games - The June 2011 Thread

Rated Rushing Punch a five on the Japanese indie marketplace.
Hopefully it takes Protect Me Knight's spot as the #1 game.

While this hasn't been too good of a month so far I have been buying quite a few games that will be seeing reviews soon.

I've emailed Microsoft and requested the ability to rate that game out of six.

Not a good month? It's only a few days old, and Bunker Buster and Tacticolor are great!

Kafel

Banned
Intriguing City Tuesday, planned for this Summer :

http://vimeo.com/23530535

cover.png

Kafel

Banned
The guitar game Pick could be great if it works well :

http://catalog.create.msdn.com/en-U...d=09317c28-ff72-4f87-8a2a-5602bdd816a6&type=2

Why pay 80 MS Points for a song when you could pay 80 MS points for all of them? With Pick, the guitar music rhythm game from Ionic Games, play any song from your Xbox Hard drive or your PC music library! Keep track of your high scores and never be limited to a set playlist of songs again! You Pick It, You Play It! Pick supports most standard guitar controllers.

I can't try it now, can anyone tell me how it is ?

Rubbish. There's no correlation between the song and the on-screen stuff at all, so you're just pressing buttons at random while a song plays. That's very little fun.

But it makes no sense for them not to give it to XBLIG devs, really. Is the Kinect Labs stuff all free? I guess that'd be an argument against it.

Anyway, so, FortressCraft is dead then.

I think I might be at the last boss on Sequence. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty so it's pretty tough though... I might have to grind for items a little or at least come up with a better spell loadout for this fight. Good thing grinding is fun in this!

Aight, I have a pretty good quick-kill build now, with an equipped item to reduce spell cooldowns, and a spell to sacrifice 10 HP for a near-full mana refill. The rest of my spell slots are filled with DEATH. That boss is gonna be toast!

Anybody notice the two newest XBLIG releases?

Insanity X is essentially Berzerk. It's pretty solid from what I've played.

Dr. Li's Extreme Beam Machine can best be described as Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. I'm not so sure on the pacing and speed but it's pretty playable.

OK, I beat Sequence. Great game, great story, great ending. This really is fantastic. Play it y'all!

Oh, and the voice acting is also stupidly good.

Edit: time to do secret bonus extra shit.

Oh shit, Kafel is banned?!

Has anyone tried Insanity X? Is there a point? I quite enjoyed playing it but I didn't really have any idea what I was doing that made the game progress, or indeed whether or not there's anything that I can progress to. If it's just a score attack game, it's a rubbish one because when you die it doesn't tell you what your score was.

OnPoint

toythatkills said:
Oh shit, Kafel is banned?!

Has anyone tried Insanity X? Is there a point? I quite enjoyed playing it but I didn't really have any idea what I was doing that made the game progress, or indeed whether or not there's anything that I can progress to. If it's just a score attack game, it's a rubbish one because when you die it doesn't tell you what your score was.

What did he do? Does anyone know?

Parallax Scroll said:
What morons got Akane the Kunoichi into Top Rated? It screams "amateur XNA platformer" in a very bad way.

Seems to happen a lot since people and devs realized they could exploit the rating system fairly easy.

Parallax Scroll said:
What morons got Akane the Kunoichi into Top Rated? It screams "amateur XNA platformer" in a very bad way.
What's wrong with it? I thought there was a lot to like. It's no Apple Jack, but it's decent enough

So Techno Kitten Adventure has been upgraded, but oddly it looks like devs removed the old version and put up a new version as a different game people will have to re-purchase.

Ventron

HadesGigas said:
So Techno Kitten Adventure has been upgraded, but oddly it looks like devs removed the old version and put up a new version as a different game people will have to re-purchase.

That's.... illegal.

Speaking of which, you'll have an illegal amount of fun if you play the new Andromium playtest that's now available for premium members!
Here's some screenshots:

c7fj4.png

RElwe.png

Ventron said:
That's.... illegal.

Speaking of which, you'll have an illegal amount of fun if you play the new Andromium playtest that's now available for premium members!
Here's some screenshots:

sweet....had fun with this last time it was up for playtest.....will check out again this weekend.

*edit* Congrats Feep....any plans to write a post-mortem for gamasutra?

Feep

Banned
Parallax Scroll said:
OK, I beat Sequence. Great game, great story, great ending. This really is fantastic. Play it y'all!

Oh, and the voice acting is also stupidly good.

Edit: time to do secret bonus extra shit.
<3<3<3

OldmanAndroid said:
*edit* Congrats Feep....any plans to write a post-mortem for gamasutra?
I'm gonna wait till Steam's response...but sure.

LocoMrPollock said:
Thought they just made it where you couldn't rate online?

You can still rate online but you have to be signed in with a gold membership. The abuse was coming from someone creating a ton of silver accounts and rating on the website.

You can still rate on the xbox with silver but from what I gathered on the creator forums is that it wouldn't be worth it to try and abuse from the xbox. I can't quite remember the reasons why off the top of my head but do remember being satisfied with the MS response.

toythatkills said:
What's wrong with it? I thought there was a lot to like. It's no Apple Jack, but it's decent enough
The whole thing plays like it was made in GameMaker. When I got half a screen away from the end of a stage, the level just up and ended and my character automatically walked through an enemy to leave the screen.

Then again, Apple Jack is the sole reason I never buy XBL indies anymore without playing the demo first. That game is overrated as fuck.

Why the hell would you buy any game on XBL without playing a demo first?

(Other than some Games on Demand titles I guess...)

Top Bottom