• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox President Sarah Bond may be hinting towards some new Xbox 360 backwards compat titles

Toots

Gold Member
What’s left though ?
Only the best xbox360 title ever

nW4TKUv.jpg

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 1&2.

I miss the days when games like this weren't considered problematic in the West. I have both of them although the 360 disc doesn't work any more, didn't help that it was one of the few 360 games which didn't let you install it for some reason.

• Fire
Reactions: Isa

Drew1440

Just release the Xbox and 360 emulators and let people play the games natively.
They actually had one for the 360 that could play half the OG Xbox library, compared to the Xbox one version that only supports 40 games.
I think they are just recompiling the games to an Xbox One executable rather than emulating, which mean some games will never be made compatible if they have lost the source code.

RedC

Otogi. Otogi 2.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Otogi. Otogi 2.
They're already BC

Papa_Wisdom

I’d love it to return, I very much doubt my handful of wants would be fulfilled though:

OG Xbox
Quantum redshift
DOA Xtreme
Mech warrior 1&2

DOA Xtreme 2
Lollipop chainsaw (I’f remake is crap)
PGR 3&4

Xbox live arcade
Rez HD
Bangai-O Missile Fury
After Burner Climax
Outrun 2

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
This might be the first time I don't care about more BC on a system

Other than the PGR series they've already brought back every game I care about

and I have a Series S in retail mode that plays PGR just fine

ManaByte

Gold Member
Mech warrior 1&2

Those are PC games that were never released on Xbox.

If you're referring to MechAssault, that's a rights issue. Despite what Wikipedia falsely claims, MS doesn't have the Battletech license anymore.

After Burner Climax
Outrun 2

Those will never happen due to licensing issues. They'd have to change both the car in Outrun and the jet in After Burner. With Daytona 2 they got away with changing the title, those games are harder to dodge the license with.

Last edited:

Killer8

I need to see:

AfterBurner Climax (probably in licensing hell due to the planes)
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Crazy Taxi 3 (probably in licensing hell due to the music)
Call of Duty games getting 4K
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 1 and 2
Genma Onimusha (best version of the game)
Gun
Jet Set Radio Future (probably in licensing hell due to the music)
Lollipop Chainsaw
Rallisport Challenge 1 and 2
The Suffering
Turok Evolution
Virtua Fighter 5 (original release for the single player quest mode)

Last edited:

Papa_Wisdom

Those are PC games that were never released on Xbox.

If you're referring to MechAssault, that's a rights issue. Despite what Wikipedia falsely claims, MS doesn't have the Battletech license anymore.

Those will never happen due to licensing issues. They'd have to change both the car in Outrun and the jet in After Burner. With Daytona 2 they got away with changing the title, those games are harder to dodge the license with.
Yeah I meant mech assault!

I’m aware that outrun and afterburner are not likely but a guy can dream. Atleast I can still play them and the others I mentioned on my 360, I would really like to retire it at some point though.

I installed Xenia and tried a lot on that, looks like that will be the likely endgame for those that will never come via back cat.

cireza

Those will never happen due to licensing issues.
BC is probably not possible, but modern ports while getting rid of the license is doable. I still have a PS3 for these two games and Steins Gate, which is a lot of space for not a lot of games. Hopefully the original Steins Gate will be ported to Switch at some point, because Elite sucks. All these games are on Xbox 360/One but not available in English, that's another very sad joke as they originated on 360. What the fuck is Phil doing ?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
BC is probably not possible, but modern ports while getting rid of the license is doable.

They'd need to change the car in Outrun and the planes in After Burner. They wouldn't be ports. They'd be wish.com knock-offs.

cireza

They'd need to change the car in Outrun and the planes in After Burner. They wouldn't be ports. They'd be wish.com knock-offs.
When you port a game you can do whatever change you want, so of course removing the license is possible. M2 did it already for the old Outrun and it wasn't even a port, they achieved it through hacking (on 3DS I think).

Yes, you have to change the cars and planes. Outrun Online Arcade and After Burner Climax only have a handful of planes/cars. Give this to Sumo Digital and they will do it in no time. Oh wait, we can't, they've been bought by China. What a fucking waste.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Since there’s a new Prince of Persia spin-off, the SoT Remake got rebooted/may be in dev hell, and SoT is already BC (not available digital though), I would really like to see Warrior Within and Two Thrones added as well. I may snatch up OG Xbox versions off eBay or something just in case they are.

Sands of Time
Forgotten Sands
PoP Classic

Those are BC and all are digital.
SoT is unavailable to buy digital last time I checked (The link you gave even says that; unless you’re in a region where it’s available maybe?). You have to have a disc.

I’m also talking about Warrior Within and Two Thrones, which were the other two games in the Sands Trilogy (PS2/GC/Xbox). Those are not BC. The ones you posted (besides SoT), are different and I already have ‘08. Don’t really care about Classic or Forgotten Sands.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
I hope they make Ace Combat 6, Ninja Blade and other disc-only titles available on the digital storefront.

There's just so much interesting stuff from the early 360 days still left behind that shouldn't be forgotten.

• Love

RedC

From the Activision Blizzard aquisition, I'm requesting

OG Xbox games
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
True Crime: Streets of LA
Scarface: The World is Yours
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Gun
50 Cent: Bulletproof