• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series - Seagate Storage SSD Expansions Receive Permanent Price Drop (512GB: $ 89, 1TB: $149,2TB: $279)

NinjaBoiX

You can get a 1TB Gen 4 SSD for $89. $89 for 500GB for half the speed is still ridiculous. They are clearly running a scam here.
But can you simply slot that straight into the Xbox Expansion Port™ to easily enjoy even more great games on Microsoft™ Game Pass™?

BeardGawd

Banned
Open Market > Proprietary

You can get a 2TB SN850X SSD for $160 on Amazon right now, that's over $100 cheaper for a much faster SSD.
Two different class SSDs. The ones used for the Xbox are smaller in size. Thus more expensive to manufacture.

I'm of the belief these will double as storage for a future Portable Series S. Which is why they needed them so small in size in the first place.

Lasha

The price needs to drop significantly more for me to buy one. I'm more than happy to continue teaching my children a lesson about compromise over which games get to be installed at current prices.

truth411

Two different class SSDs. The ones used for the Xbox are smaller in size. Thus more expensive to manufacture.

I'm of the belief these will double as storage for a future Portable Series S. Which is why they needed them so small in size in the first place.
Nope, don't be fooled the substantial cost difference is because MS solution is Proprietary. Similar to PS Vita Proprietary cards, the price can only come down so much. Also MS isn't going to make a portable gaming system lol.

DaGwaphics

That's a lot more reasonable for 2230 drives. These are basically retail price now, that's quite a huge price cut. Good for them.

Many are just forgetting the pricing difference that exists between the 2280 and 2230 drives (about $60 or so).

Bro, you aren't getting a Xbox portable lol. Microsoft can barely sustain the current models.

Last edited:
Top Bottom