• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Summit 2005

sangreal

This thread is too early! We've got another 4.5 hours. This thread will be a good 4 pages before the thing even starts :)

IJoel

Before someone asks:

New York Mon 12:30 AM (7/25)

Chicago Sun 11:30 PM (7/24)

Los Angeles Sun 9:30 PM (7/24)

London Mon 5:30 AM (7/25)

Paris Mon 6:30 AM (7/25)

Sydney Mon 2:30 PM (7/25)

*Shamelessly stolen from the other thread.

Just you wait, Nintendo is gonna switch from cartridges to a disc format. They'll be number 1 this gen, that's the only reason why Sony beat them last time. Once the Dolphin comes out no one will care about anything else.

littlewig

A very fine thing was done this day.... :lol

IJoel said:
Before someone asks:

New York Mon 12:30 AM (7/25)

Chicago Sun 11:30 PM (7/24)

Los Angeles Sun 9:30 PM (7/24)

London Mon 5:30 AM (7/25)

Paris Mon 6:30 AM (7/25)

Sydney Mon 2:30 PM (7/25)

*Shamelessly stolen from the other thread.

Glad to be of service. <tips accepted>

Ponn

Banned
Sholmes said:
Just you wait, Nintendo is gonna switch from cartridges to a disc format. They'll be number 1 this gen, that's the only reason why Sony beat them last time. Once the Dolphin comes out no one will care about anything else.

Please don't start that. For once it would be nice to have a discussion thread.

StephaneC

invited-we-are-20050724083651341-000.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mejilan said:
Baten Kaitos? A joke?

well, neo said that some retail store got info on those being a few games being announced. dont know if it's confirmed...i sure hope there's a new ridge racer and silent hill (at least to compare to RE5 :p)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mejilan said:
Huh, a port of BK or a new game?

i'd wager a new game. they're probably gonna try to make it a series, especially with baten kaitos ds (if that's real)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Fuck. I loved BK on the GCN, I'll actually have to get an Xbox 360 if this is true. Wow.

Ponn

Banned
sly said:
Silent Hill 360
Tekken 360
RR 360
FFXIII
Ninja Gaiden 2

*my prediction*

Bolded ones I think are very unlikely. Tekken is a possiblity down the road, way down the road maybe. Square wouldn't piss off their bread and butter by switching their money maker franchise to an unsure market.

I wager Ninja Gaiden 2, some more on Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, 99 Nights. Maybe something on XBL Japan, and then maybe some RE5 goodness.

bitwise

Banned
the danger of making threads like this too early is that they just turn into speculation threads

i hope someone else makes a real thread when the event starts

I'm assuming that there won't be a live stream of this event so how soon will we be able to find out what the hell is going on? Is anyone from GAF going to be there to post the news as it happens?

VALIS

And novery said he was going to post info as soon as he could, but I forget if he works for IGN or 1UP.

COCKLES

being watched
Yah for aking up in 4 hours and finding Square have abandoned Sony to become a Xbox first party.

Nope, I think I'l still asleep.

lunlunqq

Where dose this rumor come from????

[Rumor Start]
Xbox Summit in Japan:

Ninja Gaiden 2 Trailer a full three minutes!

Soul Caliber 3/Soul Blade 2 for Xbox 360

Xbox 360 comes with headset, remote, harddrive, and controller

Still deciding whether or not to include HDDVD at launch

Fatal Frame announcment

Konami to produce two games for Xbox 360

Two Rare games in development for the DS

Capcom making Devil May Cry multiplatform because "[The Xbox 360] has not limits"

Square Enix remaking "a classic Final Fantasy game" for the Xbox 360. They also said, "The next Xbox has no limits"

Japanese launch pushed back to March so they can have a "worthwhile launch".

True Fantasy Live Online coming out in late 2006

Ridge Racer 6 announcement

Another Resident Evil 5 trailer
[Rumor End]

Elios83

Doom_Bringer said:
it's all about ridge racer 360!

I don't know why so many people are so convinced it will be there but I'm not so sure.
If RR next is a multiplatform project like 'insiders' seem to be sure of, Namco should have announced it firstly on the PS Meeting like Capcom did for Resi5.
Of course I can be wrong...

lunlunqq said:

[Rumor Start]
Xbox Summit in Japan:

Fatal Frame announcment

Capcom making Devil May Cry multiplatform because "[The Xbox 360] has not limits"

Square Enix remaking "a classic Final Fantasy game" for the Xbox 360. They also said, "The next Xbox has no limits"

[Rumor End]

That's gotta be a bunch of crap.

sangreal

lunlunqq said:

[Rumor Start]
Xbox Summit in Japan:

Fatal Frame announcment

[Rumor End]

GameFaqs.

Need I say more?

Elios83 said:
I don't know why so many people are so convinced it will be there but I'm not so sure.
If RR next is a multiplatform project like 'insiders' seem to be sure of, Namco should have announced it firstly on the PS Meeting like Capcom did for Resi5.
Of course I can be wrong...

I dunno, the Namco support for PS3 has bee ho-hum so far. They showed a CG teaser for the next Tekken game and that's about it for their PS3 stuff.

I think they are focusing on X360 right now, Frame City killer is 360 exclusive and now rumours of Ridge Racer from multiple sources.

btw Massive Attack said a Ridge Racer is definately coming and he has good sources, he was right about WarkHawk PS3.

Doom_Bringer said:
I dunno, the Namco support for PS3 has bee ho-hum so far. They showed a CG teaser for the next Tekken game and that's about it for their PS3 stuff.

I think they are focusing on X360 right now, Frame City killer is 360 exclusive and now rumours of Ridge Racer from multiple sources. I think they are betting on X360 for now.

btw Massive Attack said a Ridge Racer is definately coming and he has good sources, he was right about WarkHawk PS3.

I'm pretty sure Namco has more than just Tekken in the works for PS3.

Luckett_X

Banned
Completely unlikely wishes for X360 (possibly in its entire lifespan):

Shenmue 3
Panzer Dragoon RPG 2
Katamari Damacy 360
A decent Sonic game that doesnt make me self-harm after extended play.

Actual Possibility:

Otogi 360 (Multiplayer Vs Mode, as well as Online Vs. OH MY that would go down WELL)

Top Bottom