• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGC] Xbox is teasing ‘important announcements’ for December’s Game Awards

Codes 208

Their E3 was a dud and so will this be.

Unless they announce halo 3 anniversary and/or a (proper, dedicated) portable xbox series, they can go fuck off for awhile

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
The only hail Mary's worth talking about is either a heavily subsidized elite machine or a portable xbox.

SgMgqwe.gif

derailement-crash.gif

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I could see them bringing it to GP. They would have had to pay so much money but it might be worth it considering it's going to be GOTY.
Possible. But it would mean really a lot of money then. At least that would be a good ending to the baldurs gate 3 Series S fiasco.

Varteras

Gold Member
I can see them announcing the release date for Hellblade 2 there. Wasn't it TGA where they announced it in the first place?

Last edited:

night13x

OMG guys they are finally going to do it!!!!!

They are going to announce that they are going to buy Sega the following wednesday!!!

Holy SHIT!!

Kikorin

They'll finally reveal that decided to upgrade the Hellblade II graphics to the original reveal level, completely removing gameplay from it and delivering it in movies theaters and Xbox Cinema Pass starting from... now!

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Phill Spencer—The Game.

It's kinda like rollercoaster tycoon, but really it's about managing a failing gaming business.

Three

In reality part of it will probably be "check out this marketing for yet another controller, this time cloud enabled"

Godot25

Banned
I have a feeling that we will see Indiana Jones.
According to the Bethesda FTC leak game was supposed to be out in 2022. And since almost every game in that list was delayed 1-2 years I guess it is time to see it with 2024 release year.

It would be also fitting, since TGA looooooves "cinematic" games.

I have a feeling that we will see Indiana Jones.
According to the Bethesda FTC leak game was supposed to be out in 2022. And since almost every game in that list was delayed 1-2 years I guess it is time to see it with 2024 release year.

It would be also fitting, since TGA looooooves "cinematic" games.
is not going to be "cinematic"

GTA 1 week exclusivity deal? Jesus would have to be the biggest money hat in history, and no way would Take2 want to shit on their potential sales with PS5 and its 50 million user base.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Okay, I'll go left-field.

What are the chances Xbox showcase its upcoming 2024 Series X refresh during TGA?
  • It will help them avoid showing games (assuming they don't want to / they aren't ready to be shown) and still have an "important" announcement.
  • It will help them counter PS5 Slim, at least somewhat from the marketing perspective.
  • They did reveal Series X for the first time ever at TGA.
Who's with me? 👀

Their E3 was a dud and so will this be.

Unless they announce halo 3 anniversary and/or a (proper, dedicated) portable xbox series, they can go fuck off for awhile

Two things nobody is asking for lol. Halo 3 in MCC is fine. Why the fuck would you waste resources remastering that? And a portable xbox? They need strong new games/IP. Not this shit.

Godot25

Banned
Okay, I'll go left-field.

What are the chances Xbox showcase its upcoming 2024 Series X refresh during TGA?
  • It will help them avoid showing games (assuming they don't want to / they aren't ready to be shown) and still have an "important" announcement.
  • It will help them counter PS5 Slim, at least somewhat from the marketing perspective.
  • They did reveal Series X for the first time ever at TGA.
Who's with me? 👀
What would be a point of showing "refresh" design now if they are supposed to release it at the end of 2024? Or you want to suffocate sales of Series X even more?

There is a reason why Sony revealed "Slim" PS5 few weeks before release. Because they had clusterfuck of base PS5 in their warehouses and they did not want to risk slowdown of sales because "people are waiting for Slim"

If Microsoft will be at TGA there are several more logical option
- GamePass ad (fuck me if that is true)
- reminder of Perfect Dark with gameplay (since Perfect Dark was revealed at TGA and Booty said in June that we will see the game in next 18 months)
- new game reveal (Hoberman said that Certain Affinity's new game will be revealed in December and there is rumor that this game is "Project Suerte" - Monster Hunter clone that is made for Xbox)

I honestly don't think Hellblade 2 will be there because I'm kinda certain that Microsoft is preparing Developer Direct with Hellblade 2, Avowed, MSFS2024 and Towerborne for january-february. So my bets are on Indiana Jones.

Stafford

I won't make the mistake of hyping myself up. While it does seem they'll have more than just some GP ads (with some unannounced titles in there) I am not expecting anything big. The XSX teaser was cool, also hadn't leaked and Hellblade 2 came out of nowhere too.

Only show me that damn game again if you have proper gameplay now and a concrete date for release. A big unannounced title would be great too or actually finally PD gameplay. Hopes are nice, just don't have crazy expectations.

having cutscenes dosen't mean "cinematic"
GAMING
(in a video game) a scene shown to the player when they reach a particular point in the game, such as at the end of a level or when the player's character dies; a cutscene.
"players must select a chapter, watch a cinematic, win a fight, and move on"

Top Bottom