• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox tells influencers to prepare fans before BAD News announcements to Damage control

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Xbox influencers/amabassdors admit that they are informed by microsoft before announcing bad news to prepare fans and spread good PR to compensate/hide the bad news that are coming

This explains why we see alot of damage control or whataboutism online when there is bad news from xbox

Video from the podcast that i found on twitter

Full podcast here

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

bVuiAMn.jpg

Thirty7ven

Banned
These two shills remain a black mark on Last Stand Media, an endeavor which started on the premise of independence, free from the grasp of these brands. It’s a shame that for their Xbox podcast they had to rely on these two, but maybe you can’t get anybody for a Xbox focused podcast that isn’t a shill working for the brand.

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
What could possibly be that bad that they need to speak to fucking influencers to prepare people for? It’s just frustrating to watch influencers sugar coat shit and defend these asshole companies for money. It’s disingenuous and just wrong.
Everything, when announcing price increases of games, consoles
When removing the 1$ gamepass offer
They do it anytime there is something bad

Spyxos

Gold Member
Now I'm curious to see what's still to come.

Edit:
Could MS discontinue the Xbox series S?

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Sounds like community management most large consumer focused companies would do

Hopefully this is not about Starfield tho...Redfall and stuff obviously.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
Discontinue their main console for the gen? No way.

What else there could be? GPU price increa... oh, wait. This already happened this month :D
Isn't the Series X the main console? It sounds like something big will be announced. There's not much left. Maybe the games will become even more expensive. So 80 dollars.

Killer8

Whenever stories like this come out it's always from some Twitter random or a couple of middle-aged dudes in gaming chairs yapping on a podcast. None of it is ever substantiated at all - just pure mental masturbation into the wind.

Yup, I already knew this thread was gonna be posted 36 mins ago, so am here for some damage control....

Just to be clear, influencers are told to be completely honest while trying to sway masses and keep a positive image of xbox. That's why they are paid so highly.

**Waits for cheque to arrive in mail**

LordOfChaos

Isn't the Series X the main console? It sounds like something big will be announced. There's not much left. Maybe the games will become even more expensive. So 80 dollars.

Microsoft doesn't directly split out sales, but we do know the S is outselling the X in numerous key and emerging markets

I think it might be pretty close, but killing off half their current gen console base would be a big no no

The only time it could happen imo is when we're truly in next gen, and Microsoft blends the definitions of generations more and keeps the Series X going when 10th gen consoles are out, but not while 9th gen is the main gen

Last edited:

Tommi84

I always thought influencers are people who can’t get real jobs.
Yeah, I don’t think ‘kissing ass’ is considered a real job in this context.

Oh and I think that anyone being paid by Microsoft for this should have to advertise that they are. This kind of shit needs more transparency.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Happens within seconds with all platforms no matter if they reach out to influencers or not since the fanboys struggle to tolerate someone saying anything bad about their favorite box.
Maybe the damage control comes faster on Xbox idk, haven’t noticed it but haven’t wasted any time looking for it either. The snowball effect always win anyway so it doesn’t matter.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Xbox influencers/amabassdors admit that they are informed by microsoft before announcing bad news to prepare fans and spread good PR to compensate/hide the bad news that are coming

This explains why we see alot of damage control or whataboutism online when there is bad news from xbox

Video from the podcast that i found on twitter

Full podcast here

The shifting and rotation of astroturfers and alt account burning for the sake of spreading good PR on the merger thread, to this day, is more proof than anyone will ever need.

Dis

imagine being raised on social media and brainwashed that influencers are a legitimate, reliable source of knowledge and education

“I decide for myself what to believe and what to pass on!”

“Oh? Is that even your own idea? Or something Snake told you?”

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
What could possibly be that bad that they need to speak to fucking influencers to prepare people for? It’s just frustrating to watch influencers sugar coat shit and defend these asshole companies for money. It’s disingenuous and just wrong.
No longer getting GPU, basically, for free?

Starfield's being delayed?

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Microsoft doesn't directly split out sales, but we do know the S is outselling the X in numerous key and emerging markets

I think it might be pretty close, but killing off half their current gen console base would be a big no no

The only time it could happen imo is when we're truly in next gen, and Microsoft blends the definitions of generations more and keeps the Series X going when 10th gen consoles are out, but not while 9th gen is the main gen

There is something weird going on with MS and sales.

The S was readily available after launch, kept sitting on store shelves. Everyone grabbed the X which was hard to find and fetched high prices on ebay. The S was even discounted numerous times on Amazon etc, in its first year while the XSX was actually offered for a higher price like the PS5. I always assumed not many consumers wanted the S. Armchair analysts were even convinced the S would've been killed off after 2 years because games would be unplayable on it by now.

If S indeed outsells XSX, then the XSX is doing horrible, since combined totals are at 20 million ish.

Top Bottom