• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox tells influencers to prepare fans before BAD News announcements to Damage control

Gudji

They don't seem to have prepared themselves very well.

disappointed disbelief GIF

gamer82

so glad i only buy games i want to buy and dont follow what these 5 seconds of famers recommend . reviews of stuff are a waste of time your either going to buy somthing becasue you hve an interest i don't need to watch some random streamer spoil content so then what really is the point in me buying anything . everyones tastes is diffrent if your content is good you don't need to bate people into buying . ads and trailers etc should suffice keeps the spoilers on the low though. Thankyou :messenger_tears_of_joy:

schaft0620

So I guess it happened again with 5 different well-known Xbox influencers over the weekend. I'm sure this is coordinated like we discussed last summer.

The leaks from this weekend are coming from employee(s) at Microsoft who know going semi- 3rd party will be bad for them and eventually lead to full third party. They are trying to drum up outrage to change course like the Xbox Live Gold thing.

Not really controlled leaks but sorta.

Edit: Timdog did claim there were controlled leaks regarding some of the games.

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
The leaks from this weekend are coming from employee(s) at Microsoft who know going semi- 3rd party will be bad for them and eventually lead to full third party. They are trying to drum up outrage to change course like the Xbox Live Gold thing.

Not really controlled leaks but sorta.
Why more money is bad for them?

schaft0620

Why more money is bad for them?

There has to be a TON of people at Xbox that are in feeling the same concerns about going semi-third party to lead to 3rd party and eventually shrinking the brand.

Think about it, there are teams of people working on hardware, that's essentially over long term.

bosnianpie

Well, well, well.

All the schadenfreude from Xbox fans when ABK was bought, so happy to keep popular games from PS. How times change.

Now you can all suck on a huge d**k. Enjoy!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
There has to be a TON of people at Xbox that are in feeling the same concerns about going semi-third party to lead to 3rd party and eventually shrinking the brand.

Think about it, there are teams of people working on hardware, that's essentially over long term.

Really great point here!

Top Bottom