• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox UK makes fun of PS5 on Twitter, removes tweet almost immediately

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Here was the link which has since been removed:

Backup posted online:

NydZCcr.jpg

I wish I could have seen the thread on this one lol. I think it was a great joke and wish they would have kept it. Most people seemed to think it harkened back to the how to share PS4 games jab from Sony last gen.

Dr Bass

What's funny is how lazy it looks when they are trying to brag. You turn it on its side but the rubber stand for the vertical position is still sitting there, now exposed and blocking nearly the entire bottom air intake area. It LOOKS like it's in the wrong position, even if you prefer it to be that way. How is that good design? The PS5 crushes the xbox in terms of the horizontal vs vertical design choice. It's an elegant solution, masterfully engineered and executed. MS, you literally topple it over to put it into another position. It's absurd and lazy.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Removed immediately?

I could see the tweet all day long lol
I even replied to them asking if they were salty.
Oops maybe it was up a while, it was gone shortly after I saw it for the first time. Maybe a mod can adjust the title.

DonJorginho

Banned
Unfunny joke, they're still butthurt that Sony didn't even have to try to derail their entire plan for Xbox One with one short off the cuff video. It seems like they're desperately trying to cling onto internet clout for their rep, and also all you have to do for the PS5 is adjust the stand and/or screw? Nowhere near as complex as forcing online checks on used discs...

And also, although I'm a fan of the Series X design. It looks fucking hideous horizontally, probably deleted it for that alone.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Xbox having big balls when their Xbox Series X is a big fat chunk no matter how you place it.

I agree though, PS5s design is plain stupid. The Xbox Series X ain't a looker either, but you don't need a plastic stand to place it.

AllBizness

Banned
I make a joke, but Msft really do need to stop constantly comparing themselves to the competition. They have no need to do it. If you’re thinking about the other guy more than yourself, you might be doing something wrong.
It's kinda pathetic really. They dont need to ride the coattails of their competition especially when they have their own lane with Gamepass.

BlackM1st

Banned
XBOX design >>>>> PS5. PS5 is a typical overcomplicated design from Sony. Sometimes they make really cool things that are flawed, but cool. But here... oh boy, Sony jumped the shark once again.

On topic : MS still salty lmao. But they should stick to their guns and keep the tweet intact. It's a harmless fun.

vpance

I feel like the first popular mod people will do with their XSX is to remove that stand. Then there will be a bunch of 3rd party cooler attachments.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
What's funny is how lazy it looks when they are trying to brag. You turn it on its side but the rubber stand for the vertical position is still sitting there, now exposed and blocking nearly the entire bottom air intake area. It LOOKS like it's in the wrong position, even if you prefer it to be that way. How is that good design? The PS5 crushes the xbox in terms of the horizontal vs vertical design choice. It's an elegant solution, masterfully engineered and executed. MS, you literally topple it over to put it into another position. It's absurd and lazy.
Show us on this doll

6JxrGMw.jpg

Where OP touched you.

CeeJay

That over-engineered stand is the complete oposite of elegant, it's complicated, requires tools and instructions on how to switch it.

Birdo

Banned
I remember Microsoft made a big deal about the 360 being able to switch from vertical to horizontal, until people tried it with the disc spinning

That label on the front of the console says not to move it when there is a disc inside :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The difference is that the Xbox tweet account is runned by low or free payed guys..that scene was from the ceo...at least sometimes is greenberg that tweet hard..but i don't think spencer do things like that

Neither of the two in that famous video were ceo's of anything.

And it doesn't change the fact that 7 years later the xbox division is still salty from the consecuences of that 21 second video to the point that in the leading PR push to launch this has been the second or third time they've attempted a reversal of sorts, albeit unsuccesfully.

Clarissa

Banned
Phil Spencer switches Jim Ryan's wife from vertical to horizontal all the time.
My friend who is a Nintendo fanboy who hates Sony managed to turn away 7 people in our chat from getting a ps5. Some bought another switch instead. Some got themselves an Xbox Series X/S. Some bought both a series X AND S. Another few bought a 3080 rtx. And he managed to get all 7 of them hating and bashing the ps5 too.

And that's just in our chat group of 10 people. He posts FUD on twitter/Facebook/reddit so the amount of people he influenced to hate the ps5 and get an Xbox Series X/Switch instead probably amounts to several hundred.

Top Bottom