• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox UK makes fun of PS5 on Twitter, removes tweet almost immediately

Sony

Nintendo
I think the 'heh' effect would have been greater if they'd done a video on how to switch the Series X from vertical to horizontal that's just a couple of seconds.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure why they removed that, it was just a funny joke.

good lord,you read your own posts? in 2013 the winner from the last gen was nintendo with the wii,are you sugesting microsoft won that generation? lol
That's why I was asking, you dumb fuck.

The original post I was answering to said losers focus on winners.
Why would Sony need to focus on MS then with that video back then if they were not thinking themselves as losers according to that post.

How hard is this to comprehend, dude?

Last edited:

redfirm

Banned
I think the 'heh' effect would have been greater if they'd done a video on how to switch the Series X from vertical to horizontal that's just a couple of seconds.
i fucking love everything from your avatar to your name to your custom tag!

yurinka

You can't remove that Series X footer?
The console looks good vertically with it, but I'd remove it when placing the console horizontally.

Looks dumb on it's side with the stand still attached, surely it's not designed to sit this way?

Clutching at straws a bit now with these comparison videos. Just seen another one about expanding storage but that was reaching too.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
When you’ve sold more than double there consoles and your games are ratand selling way more why would you?

Ms isn’t gonna sell past 50-60million consoles ever again. Sony has no need to think of them as competition lol
The One somehow sold over 50 million units but okay. Sony will send a thank you card to you in the mail for protecting their plastic boxes honor. The shareholders appreciate it.

Kokoloko85

The One somehow sold over 50 million units but okay. Sony will send a thank you card to you in the mail for protecting their plastic boxes honor. The shareholders appreciate it.

Yeah thats why I said 50-60. Maybe you cant Understand?
Ill appreciate the thank you card lol

edit- They havent sold 50 million yet....

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I remember Microsoft made a big deal about the 360 being able to switch from vertical to horizontal, until people tried it with the disc spinning

Theres a label on the console in the very video you posted that says the exact opposite of what you are claiming MS said?

Are you high?

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
This tweet triggered so many that they had to bring up a 7 year old joke to calm themselves. How dare they offend their favorite brand(as they engage themselves in this thread to explain why they are not).
Good try from MS to “get back” to Sony for their 7 year old video.
But Sony’s solution is more elegant and better engineered.
You do realize that this was not MS but someone at Xbox UK in charge of their twitter handle? A swear to god some people think Phil is in charge of all regional twitter handles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
If you wanna give shit to anyone joking, being good at that is a important factor xD
Looking at your signature, I can't imagine you would ever find a joke from the Xbox team funny

martino

vajacial-gasp-j-alexander-gif.gif
tenor.gif

/s

LarknThe4th

The little disk on the bottom of the series X looks alright there, I thought it would stick out intrusively, so that's good

Grinchy

Banned
It was funny as a joke, but it does make the system look like shit when it's placed horizontally.

Sony has a stand that opens up to reveal a holder for the screw and a screw hole cover with a base that holds it either horizontally or vertically. Meanwhile, MS has a system that looks like it's not supposed to sit horizontally at all. It just looks like a vertical tower that the cat knocked over when it's placed horizontally.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Great tweet and joke. They never should have removed/deleted it. If it was me, I would show that every week. Sony and Sony fanboys dished out a lot of shit 7 years ago and over the last 7 years so now, roles will be reversed. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Kssio_Aug

I think it could have been funnier, but I see absolutely no problem in it. It seems to me the real salty are the ones who felt so triggered by this simple little harmless joke. They shouldn't even have removed it, but they probably did to avoid finger pointing (they know they can't compete against sony fanboys whining herd).

Great tweet and joke. They never should have removed/deleted it. If it was me, I would show that every week. Sony and Sony fanboys dished out a lot of shit 7 years ago and over the last 7 years so now, roles will be reversed. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Yeah it’s a fun tweet, hardly venomous.

I’m not defending those obnoxious Sony turds who were giving shit those years , I just don’t see much for Xbox to dish out Power and a subscription service. I friggin wish they had more mate.

Imagine if PlayStation had hands on media previews of PS5 only a few weeks from with Killzone 3, GTA IV , The Order 1886 etc.

£500

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Make fun of the PS5 all you want everyone will be talking about God of War, Uncharted 5 and btw do you guys realize PS5 is coming into the world with a stand?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
i wish.we in spain we have yotuubers with thousands of followers who do this everyday,and their followers do the same on every forum,thats its why xbox fanbase have that bad rep,and that is spain,brazil or mexico its bonkers,they made look the americans xbox fanboys like a gentlemans club

To be fair being an xbox/Nintendo fan in Sony land is tough business. It's 2021 and when talking to other adults who play video games (and not talking about fifa and cod, I'm talking bloodborne-tlou "real" gamers) and I tell them how awesome BOTW is I get the standard canned response "but that's a Switch game, right? My kids have a Switch".

And Xbox? Don't even get me started with that. Back when I had the 360 NOBODY wanted to play games at my home "it's got a weird controller, the sticks are in the wrong place right?", "can i play gran turismo? No, but Forza is dope. Yeah I don't know it's not gran turismo then", "can it play Sony games? No. Why did you buy it then? It's got its own games. Oh, that's cute". And so on.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it’s a fun tweet, hardly venomous.

I’m not defending those obnoxious Sony turds who were giving shit those years , I just don’t see much for Xbox to dish out Power and a subscription service. I friggin wish they had more mate.

Imagine if PlayStation had hands on media previews of PS5 only a few weeks from with Killzone 3, GTA IV , The Order 1886 etc.

£500

I get it. Microsoft put all their eggs into one basket which was Halo Infinite and it was delayed. It's understandable but as someone who plays a shit ton of multi-platform third party games, I will still have plenty of games to play at launch and beyond. And none of this even includes my backlog for the current generation or older games like the entire Halo franchise which I have never played. Launch will sell out regardless and early 2021 as well. Microsoft will have a few exclusives for 2021 including Flight Simulator, Halo Infinite, possibly Forza Motorsport even though I see this as Fall 2022 to be honest as well as the possibility of one or two Bethesda games. I'm definitely expecting Wolfenstein III as Machine Games will be wrapping up that trilogy. And of course, there's Starfield even though I see this as 2022.

Once late 2021 hits with Halo Infinite going into 2022, it's going to be almost non-stop exclusives all day one on Game Pass for the entire duration of the generation. Not having Halo Infinite is disappointing but needed to be delayed and for me, it gives me plenty of time to play through the main series.

For PS5, all I have is Spider Man: Miles Morales and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for the first 15 months. I know some are expecting Horizon 2 and/or God of War 2 in 2021 but im not one of those people. It would make far better business sense to have those two games in 2022 when their user install base is higher as opposed to pre-Holiday 2021. But we'll see.

Overall, im looking forward to PlayStation 5 for the exclusives that I want to play but im simply far more hyped overall for Xbox Series X.

What's funny is how lazy it looks when they are trying to brag. You turn it on its side but the rubber stand for the vertical position is still sitting there, now exposed and blocking nearly the entire bottom air intake area. It LOOKS like it's in the wrong position, even if you prefer it to be that way. How is that good design? The PS5 crushes the xbox in terms of the horizontal vs vertical design choice. It's an elegant solution, masterfully engineered and executed. MS, you literally topple it over to put it into another position. It's absurd and lazy.
PS5 and elegant solution do not belong in the same sentence

I get it. Microsoft put all their eggs into one basket which was Halo Infinite and it was delayed. It's understandable but as someone who plays a shit ton of multi-platform third party games, I will still have plenty of games to play at launch and beyond. And none of this even includes my backlog for the current generation or older games like the entire Halo franchise which I have never played. Launch will sell out regardless and early 2021 as well. Microsoft will have a few exclusives for 2021 including Flight Simulator, Halo Infinite, possibly Forza Motorsport even though I see this as Fall 2022 to be honest as well as the possibility of one or two Bethesda games. I'm definitely expecting Wolfenstein III as Machine Games will be wrapping up that trilogy. And of course, there's Starfield even though I see this as 2022.

Once late 2021 hits with Halo Infinite going into 2022, it's going to be almost non-stop exclusives all day one on Game Pass for the entire duration of the generation. Not having Halo Infinite is disappointing but needed to be delayed and for me, it gives me plenty of time to play through the main series.

For PS5, all I have is Spider Man: Miles Morales and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for the first 15 months. I know some are expecting Horizon 2 and/or God of War 2 in 2021 but im not one of those people. It would make far better business sense to have those two games in 2022 when their user install base is higher as opposed to pre-Holiday 2021. But we'll see.

Overall, im looking forward to PlayStation 5 for the exclusives that I want to play but im simply far more hyped overall for Xbox Series X.

I understand and I knew from previous experience of them that they would put everything on Halo for launch . I get it’s a big franchise, I don’t like it but it’s popular and the state it’s in currently will disappoint a lot of people.

They should never have set up 343 and Coalition as single IP studios. They could have had a second team with something new lined up for launch window that wasn’t a Gears spin off or yet another Halo that would possibly excite and going into mid to late 2021 Infinite follows and the momentum and excitement of the brand builds steadily.

The build up to the release of this console has been underwhelming imo and Sony’s hasn’t been great either. I read the digs at the new Spider-Man game basically being a DLC type game but why aren’t more calling out Xbox for having a demo like Bright Memory classes as launch title? It’s a prologue to the full game out next year that takes roughly 60-80mins to complete. How much will they charge non Gamepass members to play that? See what I’m getting at?

A enticing subscription service shouldn’t be the be all and end all for the platform in my opinion.

Top Bottom