• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox UK makes fun of PS5 on Twitter, removes tweet almost immediately

My friend who is a Nintendo fanboy who hates Sony managed to turn away 7 people in our chat from getting a ps5. Some bought another switch instead. Some got themselves an Xbox Series X/S. Some bought both a series X AND S. Another few bought a 3080 rtx. And he managed to get all 7 of them hating and bashing the ps5 too.

And that's just in our chat group of 10 people. He posts FUD on twitter/Facebook/reddit so the amount of people he influenced to hate the ps5 and get an Xbox Series X/Switch instead probably amounts to several hundred.

Your friend is a LEGEND. Dude's ultimate optional side boss levels strong.

one of the most retarded tweet ever.
I think you are one of the sane people who don't spend time on Twitter to think that they are even close to be in the most stupid tweets. It probably doesn't even register as stupid by Twitter's standard.

It just feels like MS still is salty because they got so butthurt by Sony... It also goes against both the MS nice guys and we don't compete with Sony narratives.

Js562

ufdCdb4.gif

Let them talk their shit it's good to see sometimes. Both PlayStation or Xbox is just a box you choose to play on. They should've left the tweet. Back n fourth is good fun

Mobilemofo

😅 bless em. When I see that, I can imagine using that Xbox as a door wedge, or to hold my books up..maybe dig out air intake and let my dog use it . Many many uses. I like it.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
My friend who is a Nintendo fanboy who hates Sony managed to turn away 7 people in our chat from getting a ps5. Some bought another switch instead. Some got themselves an Xbox Series X/S. Some bought both a series X AND S. Another few bought a 3080 rtx. And he managed to get all 7 of them hating and bashing the ps5 too.

And that's just in our chat group of 10 people. He posts FUD on twitter/Facebook/reddit so the amount of people he influenced to hate the ps5 and get an Xbox Series X/Switch instead probably amounts to several hundred.

lol.. is this satire?

How dare that corporation insult that other corporation!
Consider that these tweets are a breeding ground for trolls and/or console wars.

Also consider that Phil Spencer himself denounced console wars in the industry with his exact words being:

"If we’re going to spend energy, let’s go spend it on those things, not ‘my piece of plastic is better than your piece of plastic.’ I don’t think that’s a productive conversation.”

Now also consider that in the past, what, month or so there have been a handful of tweets taking jabs at PlayStation. Yeah, I don't mind it but it goes against what ^^ he has been preaching. You'll also find these types of Xbox tweets full of console war responses from both Sony fans and Xbox fans. So in the end it just breeds more of this 'my piece of plastic is better than yours' discussions.

And finally consider that PlayStation social media channel has done nothing to stoke or fan flames from its fans or those of other platforms with what I would call 'inflammatory' tweets that aid in getting console fans of opposing teams tearing at each others throats.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
Consider that these tweets are a breeding ground for trolls and/or console wars.

Also consider that Phil Spencer himself denounced console wars in the industry with his exact words being:

"If we’re going to spend energy, let’s go spend it on those things, not ‘my piece of plastic is better than your piece of plastic.’ I don’t think that’s a productive conversation.”

Now also consider that in the past, what, month or so there have been a handful of tweets taking jabs at PlayStation. Yeah, I don't mind it but it goes against what ^^ he has been preaching. You'll also find these types of Xbox tweets full of console war responses from both Sony fans and Xbox fans. So in the end it just breeds more of this 'my piece of plastic is better than yours' discussions.

And finally consider that PlayStation social media channel has done nothing to stoke or fan flames from its fans or those of other platforms with what I would call 'inflammatory' tweets that aid in getting console fans of opposing teams tearing at each others throats.

I'll consider.

GiJoint

They should have kept it because it backfired, you can still see the fugly ass stand while it’s horizontal where as on the PS5 you can take it off neatly, put the screw back in its little house and close the door....oh, maybe that’s why they did remove the tweet because it’s fugly. :lollipop_smirking:

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
What's funny is how lazy it looks when they are trying to brag. You turn it on its side but the rubber stand for the vertical position is still sitting there, now exposed and blocking nearly the entire bottom air intake area. It LOOKS like it's in the wrong position, even if you prefer it to be that way. How is that good design? The PS5 crushes the xbox in terms of the horizontal vs vertical design choice. It's an elegant solution, masterfully engineered and executed. MS, you literally topple it over to put it into another position. It's absurd and lazy.
You say it's "blocking nearly the entire bottom air intake area", but you don't seem to understand that it's not blocking anything because it was designed like that. They didn't design it to have the entire bottom as air intake and then slap a stand on it lol. It looks like sony designed the PS5 and then went "oh shit it doesn't actually stand up properly" so had to make a stand. That stand is part of the Xbox design, the air intake is designed with that there.

Having read all of your posts in the teardown video though it's clear you're as close to a Sony shill as you can get, so this will fall on deaf ears.

On the actual topic, I thought it was a lighthearted little jab at them in the same was as the PS4 game sharing video. Ridiculous that they removed it.

Last edited:
You say it's "blocking nearly the entire bottom air intake area", but you don't seem to understand that it's not blocking anything because it was designed like that. They didn't design it to have the entire bottom as air intake and then slap a stand on it lol. It looks like sony designed the PS5 and then went "oh shit it doesn't actually stand up properly" so had to make a stand. That stand is part of the Xbox design, the air intake is designed with that there.

Having read all of your posts in the teardown video though it's clear you're as close to a Sony shill as you can get, so this will fall on deaf ears.

On the actual topic, I thought it was a lighthearted little jab at them in the same was as the PS4 game sharing video. Ridiculous that they removed it.
Your post history tells me you're an Xbox shill sooo....like why label others a shill when you do the same thing?

Clarissa

Banned
Your friend is a LEGEND. Dude's ultimate optional side boss levels strong.
He said he's doing God's work and he's determined to make PS5 a failure and drive Sony to bankruptcy.

He's like that boss you're not supposed to beat in the story. You deal 1 damage to him and he does 9999.

lol.. is this satire?

It's real. Search all my posts that includes "My friend who is a Nintendo fanboy who hates Sony"

There are conversation screenshots that I post as evidence.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
What's funny is how lazy it looks when they are trying to brag. You turn it on its side but the rubber stand for the vertical position is still sitting there, now exposed and blocking nearly the entire bottom air intake area. It LOOKS like it's in the wrong position, even if you prefer it to be that way. How is that good design? The PS5 crushes the xbox in terms of the horizontal vs vertical design choice. It's an elegant solution, masterfully engineered and executed. MS, you literally topple it over to put it into another position. It's absurd and lazy.
I'm going to put it sideways like all my consoles, but with the stand sticking out the side like that it will always look like it fell down.

I want a way to remove that thing.

How many people are going to swap positions after they first set it up? Most people are going to be setting their consoles on their sides because they need to fit into entertainment centers/tv stands and neither one is going to do that standing up. PS5 you snap the stand on and you are done, xbox you lay it down and you are done, either way it's less than 10 seconds and you don't mess with it anymore.

Here was the link which has since been removed:

Backup posted online:

NydZCcr.jpg

I wish I could have seen the thread on this one lol. I think it was a great joke and wish they would have kept it. Most people seemed to think it harkened back to the how to share PS4 games jab from Sony last gen.

Man, she's a real chunky bitch when laid out on her side, huh? Looks like a computer from the 80s.

Yoboman

I wonder if they are unofficially not recommending it goes on the side? I dont recall seeing any promo style shots of it horizontally

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How many people are going to swap positions after they first set it up? Most people are going to be setting their consoles on their sides because they need to fit into entertainment centers/tv stands and neither one is going to do that standing up. PS5 you snap the stand on and you are done, xbox you lay it down and you are done, either way it's less than 10 seconds and you don't mess with it anymore.

For real, fantards acting like you move them all around 3 times day.

Last edited:
Joke is boring.

But coming from xbox official handle is precious.

Why they took it down though? Shu Yoshida wanted that short clip shared on E3 stage.

GymWolf

Nothing wrong with some snarky tweets, sony did this first with an actual video on yt.
Consumers get a laugh and we get 10 new topics (to put on ignore) about it 🕺

Last edited:
I for one am personally offended on behalf of all PlayStation fans. How dare you Xbox? How bloody dare you!?

Not sure how I will go about my day knowing Xbox dared to have a joke at PlayStations expense.

Redlancet

Banned
lol.. is this satire?
i wish.we in spain we have yotuubers with thousands of followers who do this everyday,and their followers do the same on every forum,thats its why xbox fanbase have that bad rep,and that is spain,brazil or mexico its bonkers,they made look the americans xbox fanboys like a gentlemans club

chonga

Nothing wrong with some snarky tweets, sony did this first with an actual video on yt.
Consumers get a laugh and we get 10 new topics (to put on ignore) about it 🕺
Issue is for MS they're retaliating. You always looks worse retaliating.

With the Sony video yes is was trolling, but it was delivered in a light-hearted way and whilst tongue-in-cheek does convey the hard hitting blow to MS's policy.

But it was first blow and it surrounded a major issue.

If you compare to this, I think the reason it falls flat (no pun intended) is because it is a non-issue. You don't constantly switch the orientation of your console so it isn't comparable to the game sharing situation. Therefore picking on a very minor issue comes across as straw-grabbing, which is petty in nature.

sobaka770

Banned
That was pretty bad marketing. The whole idea of game swapping/gifting is that people do often.

Once you place your console how many times do you really need to move it around? And that plate under PS5 is at least removable and actually a better design while sideways Xbox SX looks so awkward with base attached to one end - it was designed to be vertical full stop.

Shouldn't have released that tweet, apart from pandering to a base it doesn't really still the console to new audience.

GymWolf

Issue is for MS they're retaliating. You always looks worse retaliating.

With the Sony video yes is was trolling, but it was delivered in a light-hearted way and whilst tongue-in-cheek does convey the hard hitting blow to MS's policy.

But it was first blow and it surrounded a major issue.

If you compare to this, I think the reason it falls flat (no pun intended) is because it is a non-issue. You don't constantly switch the orientation of your console so it isn't comparable to the game sharing situation. Therefore picking on a very minor issue comes across as straw-grabbing, which is petty in nature.
I get what you say but i onestly don't care how they look, i get to laught and it's enough for me.
Also, that video of sony was false at the end, exchanging xbox games was as easy as exchanging ps4 games, this tweet is actually true, you have to work to change position to a ps5.

Last edited:

acm2000

this is how twitter is best utilised, banter between brands, encourages social media interaction and thats what matters after all, Sony do the same sometimes and its all good fun.

here in the uk especially this is increasingly how many many brands are using social media and it makes twitter that little bit less shit.

Top Bottom