• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 Release Date? Footage?

akascream

Banned
Do we even have a solid release date for Xbox360 yet? Where is all the game footage? Isn't a console launching in a number of months? Am I just out of the loop?

Bluecondor

Ya - MS has pretty much dropped the ball ever since E3. I don't understand their advertising strategy. They launch with an MTV special in May, have a nice presentation at E3, and then basically let the hype die out.

I'm just not seeing this advertising strategy....

newsguy

human5892 said:
I'm surprised more information hasn't leaked out re: the price, launch date, etc.

All this does is confirm that all the pre E3 leaks were purposely leaked by MS. All of a sudden MS is the leader of secrets and we don't even have a date or price with 4 months to go.

akascream

Banned
newsguy said:
All this does is confirm that all the pre E3 leaks were purposely leaked by MS. All of a sudden MS is the leader of secrets and we don't even have a date or price with 4 months to go.

Or that they sealed the leaks heh.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
newsguy said:
Possibly, but not necessarily -- the silence could also be the result of a serious "tightening up" for Microsoft in order to stop so much leakage.

Like most solutions, I think the real answer is somewhere in between your idea and what I just mentioned.

akascream said:
Or that they sealed the leaks heh.

Or that they're madly working on production and aren't quite sure how many units there will be, thus impacting the release dates for each region. I'm positive that the price is decided, though.

I heard they'll start on mid-late september with their *huge* marketing offensive. About the footage, I presume they don't want any Alpha Kit-produced media on the net: developers received their Betas only one week ago, so let's give them the time to adjust tha games and maybe they'll be showable. I'd say from september the net will esplode with 360 contents ;-)

And obviously let's hope we'll see some good footage from the japanese conference!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
A bit more than one month before the announcement of the release date and pricing, at least for Europe.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ruzbeh said:
Yeah, isn't the Xbox 360 coming somewhere in November? I'll laugh my ass off if it gets delayed.

why?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
they're getting tons of free advertising through word of mouth already. Why blow their load too early for no reason?? In September, they'll blow things out big time (bigger than Halo 2). Their worldwide launch will turn out just dandy, but thx for your concern ;)

akascream

Banned
open_mouth_ said:
Their worldwide launch will turn out just dandy, but thx for your concern ;)

I'm not concerned about them you dimwit, I'm concerned about ME! I want details and lots of footage damnit. =P

Lo-Volt

Well, probably. But the current Xbox would still have a lot of features on its own, like its own ethernet plug and hard drive. It may be enough to keep the pricing for that console where it is, which is still $149. That'll probably be at least half the price of the Xbox 360, so it may be defensible.

Chiggs

Blackace said:

Here's why...

PS34LYFE___.jpg

akascream said:
Didn't they stop making Xboxen?...or was that just a nasty rumor.

The latest Wedbush report projects that there will be MILLIONS more XBoxes available this year, next year, and even some if 2007. That they bought all the NVidia GPU's, but will have just as many Xboxes available this holiday as last.

Certainly, Microsoft claims that they're in the "original" Xbox HW business for a couple more years, but most think it's going to be gone by the end of the year. NVidia has stated that August 1st, they will be out of the Xbox GPU production business (thus the reverse could be true, that they'll keep producing up until August 1st)

It would have been a very interesting deal for NVidia to say to Microsoft: "Yeah, we'll license the GPU technology to you for backwards compatability, but you've GOT TO BUY another 6M GPU's from us".

raYne

Blackace said:
A- troll
B- fanboy
C- trollboy
D- fanroll

Anyway, it's not like it launches next week they have plenty of time (5 months people). They still have 2, maybe 3 months at the most before we actually "need" to have those facts.

chinch

Tenacious-V Redux
human5892 said:
I'm surprised more information hasn't leaked out re: the price, launch date, etc.
ask yourself...

what would be the point of the leaks and info at this time?

nothing.

Amir0x

Banned
Chiggs said:
Here's why...

PS34LYFE___.jpg

[url=http://forums.gaming-age.com/showpost.php?p=1605035&postcount=31]Chiggs[/url] said:
http://www.imgholder.com/uploads/2005/07/07/08/PS34LYFE.jpg
[url=http://forums.gaming-age.com/showpost.php?p=1600543&postcount=52]Chiggs[/url] said:
PS3 4 LYFE!!!!! MICRO$SOFT AM DUMB FOR NOT SUPPORTING 108OP - EVERYONE'S GONNA OWN WON OF THESE THINGS SOON ENUFF!!!! IT'S GOING TO BE MAINSTREEM IN A YEAR!!!
[url=http://forums.gaming-age.com/showpost.php?p=1598101&postcount=44]Chiggs[/url] said:
PS3 4 LYFE!!! AM I RITE???!!
[url=http://forums.gaming-age.com/showpost.php?p=1317812&postcount=23]Chiggs[/url] said:
X360 AM CRY WHEN PS3 AND KILLZONE 2 AT E3!

Chiggy, baby... wasn't funny the first time, man. Capslock+Sarcasm = lame now. It has been written.

Ruzbeh

Banned
raYne said:
A- troll
B- fanboy
C- trollboy
D- fanroll
Nope. Because. Microsoft is putting so much emphasis on being so fast and everything. And in every interview or whatever they act as if they will rule the entire world (their attitude is very hostile and even worse than Sony's). THAT'S WHY.

sangreal

Ruzbeh said:
Nope. Because. Microsoft is putting so much emphasis on being so fast and everything. And in every interview or whatever they act as if they will rule the entire world (their attitude is very hostile and even worse than Sony's). THAT'S WHY.
:lol

raYne

Ruzbeh said:
Yeah, cause no corporation ever acts like they have the best >insert product< when they're bringing something to the market. God knows if I launched something I'd tell everyone it's a POS and they shouldn't buy it. *rollseyes*

And as you already agreed, Sony did and does the very same thing so I fail to see the issue.

I choose fanroll. THAT'S WHY.

jedimike

The biggest reason is that MS doesn't want to piss off publishers who still have Xbox games in development. Way too soon for a marketing campaign anyway. The attention span of Americans is very short.

Joe

you post here all the time i refuse to believe that you're not sure if there is a release date or game footage.

Chiggs

Amir0x said:
Chiggy, baby... wasn't funny the first time, man. Capslock+Sarcasm = lame now. It has been written.

I'm digging through post history right now for incriminating comments. Just give me a moment, will you?

And I like my image macros just fine, thank you.

Edit: I can only search through 200 of your most recent posts? Lame...

Amir0x

Banned
Chiggs said:
I'm just digging through post history right now for incriminating comments. Just give me a moment, will you?

I can help lead you in the way if you like. For instance, almost all of my posts use italics in some mildly annoying fashion! Not my fault you've condensed this relatively recent habit into every other XBX360/PS3 thread the past three days ;)

Chiggs said:
Edit: I can only search through 200 of your most recent posts? Lame

Yeah! I have such a gargantuan amount of posts that all incriminating evidence becomes buried under the hailstorm! But seriously, 200 posts (4 pages) is the limit for some reason. You have to specify results if you want a more realistic search than 6000 posts.

Chiggs

Amir0x said:
I can help lead you in the way if you like. For instance, almost all of my posts use italics in some mildly annoying fashion! Not my fault you've condensed this relatively recent habit into every other XBX360/PS3 thread the past three days ;)

Italics, eh? Alright, I'll give it a go. And as far as condensing this stuff over the past three days... REPETITION IS COMEDY, I TELL YA!

*sobs*

Amir0x

Banned
Chiggs said:
Italics, eh? Alright, I'll give it a go. And as far as condensing this stuff over the past three days... REPETITION IS COMEDY, I TELL YA!

*sobs*

Love ya, Chiggs <3

*runs*

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
akascream said:
Of course they do...it's the only way to earn my dollar. Wake up.

They're going to go ahead with holding off on all those details you want until they're good and ready and they'll still earn your dollar. That's MS not giving a damn about your childish wants and impatience.

akascream

Banned
open_mouth_ said:
They're going to go ahead with holding off on all those details you want until they're good and ready and they'll still earn your dollar. That's MS not giving a damn about your childish wants and impatience.

Lol, lash out little xbot, lest xbox360 be painted in the slightest of negative lights. What a good little soldier you are. Of course they care what potential customers want. Just because they can't deliver the goods right now, doesn't mean it is a calculated move. Maybe there just isn't much to show (*cough*pdz*cough*).

But you are right, I'm still planning a purchase (duh). Sleep tight, xbox is safe.

thorns

Banned
Yeah, that's why they must be holding a huge event in Europe (x05) and a big press conference in japan to show off stuff.. They have nothing to show!1!

akascream

Banned
thorns said:
Yeah, that's why they must be holding a huge event in Europe (x05) and a big press conference in japan to show off stuff.. They have nothing to show!1!

Let's see it then! Like I said, maybe I'm just out of the loop. Links please! =)

raYne

akascream said:
Let's see it then! Like I said, maybe I'm just out of the loop. Links please! =)
He probably should've said "plans to hold" or "will hold" because it certainly isn't happening now and I don't even think there's a date yet*.

*feel free to correct me.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
akascream said:
Lol, lash out little xbot, lest xbox360 be painted in the slightest of negative lights. What a good little soldier you are. Of course they care what potential customers want. Just because they can't deliver the goods right now, doesn't mean it is a calculated move. Maybe there just isn't much to show (*cough*pdz*cough*).

But you are right, I'm still planning a purchase (duh). Sleep tight, xbox is safe.

...So says the drama queen.

"Oh nooooo, Microsoft isn't hyping their next console more than 4 months before it's released. Waaaaaah! Why don't they forget about their Xbox publishers who are releasing games in the summer and focus instead on 360 by showing games running on alpha kits! Waaaah. What about MEEEEEEEE. No one cares about MEEEE. Waaaaaaah!"

You're right about 1 thing, though: No one cares about you when you act like this.

akascream

Banned
open_mouth_ said:
...So says the drama queen.

"Oh nooooo, Microsoft isn't hyping their next console more than 4 months before it's released. Waaaaaah! Why don't they forget about their Xbox publishers who are releasing games in the summer and focus instead on 360 by showing games running on alpha kits! Waaaah. What about MEEEEEEEE. No one cares about MEEEE. Waaaaaaah!"

You're right about 1 thing, though: No one cares about you when you act like this.

Time to up the medication bro. I was after xbox360 info because I'm excited about the console and it is coming out soon. I am kind of suprised not have seen any game footage or marketing or anything else I'd expect to see this close to a console launch.

Either way, you can stop trolling my thread now. Unless you have some information on Xbox360 and/or its games?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
akascream said:
I was after xbox360 info because I'm excited about the console

And this thread was going to magically bring you Xbox 360 info? You should know better...

...and it is coming out soon.

Oh really? Is it coming out at the end of this month? Next month? the month after that? No? The month after that?!? Still NO??? You'll get your info when the time is right. It's not like you haven't gotten any info or game details yet (in fact, you've gotten ALOT!). It's time to take a chill pill, that's all I was trying to say.

Unless you have some information on Xbox360 and/or its games?

I have about as much information on Xbox 360 as you have and I'm patiently waiting for more and for it's eventual release.

Top Bottom