• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
I love some of the crazy lines my character yell when he is using some weapon like "Accuracy is so overrated" and proceeds to spray a shower of bullets over the enemy or when using the ring thing that acts like a saw he says "Parental discretion advised..." and proceeds to tear up enemy parts.

Also recruited Yelv and I like him a lot =3

-Horizon-

so now that there are even more nopons in the city than before, I talked to a new caravan and...um
is that nopon's wife cheating on him with his worker?

Kyzon

Oh man the sword i got from a quest is so awsome.
4Mdhcj4.jpg

Hell yes! That sword is what got me to try out longswords

R00bot

The impact of humans getting killed is kind of (chapter 5 spoilers:)
lessened though because it's just their mims and they'll be back once the lifehold is secured.

Have you finished the game tho?

Slight endgame spoilers
the deaths do kinda matter in the end.

Teggy

I got my skells but honestly I'm not too enthused about using them because I have my skills and artes set up so my team works well together.

Today I beat Chapter 11 so I'm almost there. I just need to do all the sidequests that have popped up then I will most likely be tackling Chapter 12 tomorrow.

I ended up not buying a 50 Skell and was able to beat Chapter 11 just fine. I wonder if that will work out in 12 as well.

Also need to reiterate how good Essence Exchange is, even better than FMJ's Blood Sacrifice imo.

Starting every fight with 7000 TP feels good.

-Horizon-

Anyone else encountering disconnects from server? Happened twice to me, one time game sent me back to title screen
Yeah, it happens. It almost froze my game once and I panicked because I hadn't saved for a few hours.

yeah there was a pic posted in the thread days ago I did not believe it myself thinking it was photoshop

nope noPons are weird

I found that guy and the nopon in the park before they're all smooching lol
Its getting there >.<

Today I beat Chapter 11 so I'm almost there. I just need to do all the sidequests that have popped up then I will most likely be tackling Chapter 12 tomorrow.

I ended up not buying a 50 Skell and was able to beat Chapter 11 just fine. I wonder if that will work out in 12 as well.

Also need to reiterate how good Essence Exchange is, even better than FMJ's Blood Sacrifice imo.

Starting every fight with 7000 TP feels good.

depends on what kind of challenge you want for chapter 12

I went for the story so made it a cake walk

end game is so much fun so I don't regret it

Yeah, it happens. It almost froze my game once and I panicked because I hadn't saved for a few hours.

I found that guy and the nopon in the park before they're all smooching lol
Its getting there >.<

yeah different times of day they are at different parts of the park just chilling together 24/7 iy seems

The power dropped for about 2 seconds while I was playing this week due to the wind and I lost about an hour or so. Thankfully I did it all over again in about half the time because I knew exactly what to do.

MegaPanda

Hooray, beat the game today! Can't wait to read through all the glorious spoilers & thoughts in this thread.

I actually had a pretty awesome kill vs Lao. Let my Skell regen up to around 220~ fuel and then G-Buster'd Lao's face in before he could drain all the fuel away

Zareka

Oh man, I wasn't truly mourning the loss of the UK dubbing until I came across Tatsu. I loved Riki in XBC; I almost universally hate 'cute' mascot characters, but I dug Riki and the Nopon in general, mostly down to the voice. It didn't even sound cute, just...very fitting. Endearing.

The minute Tatsu opened his mouth, oh lord, this just sounds boring. The charm is entirely gone. It's just...bleugh. I am very disappointed.

No-pahn. No-pahn.

Oh man, I wasn't truly mourning the loss of the UK dubbing until I came across Tatsu. I loved Riki in XBC; I almost universally hate 'cute' mascot characters, but I dug Riki and the Nopon in general, mostly down to the voice. It didn't even sound cute, just...very fitting. Endearing.

The minute Tatsu opened his mouth, oh lord, this just sounds boring. The charm is entirely gone. It's just...bleugh. I am very disappointed.

No-pahn. No-pahn.

Tatsu sounds like a low rent stuffed toy character on a kids show. Just ugh

I would have enjoyed the odd contrast of the occupants of New LA being voiced by British stage actors again. Oh well

No-pahn. No-pahn.

good luck getting rid of that guy Tatsu
my advice is to let Lin cook him asap

JulianImp

No-pahn. No-pahn.

Seriously. Riki had a more serious side to him to contrast him being the equivalent of Shulk team's mascot character, while Tatsu appears to exist solely for saying and doing dumb stuff while Lin jokes about eating him every other cutscene. That late-game cutscene where
he forbode Lao from dying because Lin didn't want him to and left him his lunchbox. I was expecting a zoom-in to his lunchbox like in chapter 6, but we didn't get even that.

-Horizon-

yeah different times of day they are at different parts of the park just chilling together 24/7 iy seems
my new OTP

The power dropped for about 2 seconds while I was playing this week due to the wind and I lost about an hour or so. Thankfully I did it all over again in about half the time because I knew exactly what to do.
Jeez. Still rough to go through.
Which makes me unsure how to feel about the whole manual vs automatic saving thing.

depends on what kind of challenge you want for chapter 12

I went for the story so made it a cake walk

end game is so much fun so I don't regret it

I like a challenge, especially since I'm close to 60 and I've developed my ground game quite a bit although I haven't maxed out the Blast Fencer/Galactic Knight line yet which means my damage potential isn't as good as it could be in ground gear.

Can't wait!

I like a challenge, especially since I'm close to 60 and I've developed my ground game quite a bit although I haven't maxed out the Blast Fencer/Galactic Knight line yet which means my damage potential isn't as good as it could be in ground gear.

Can't wait!

60 is too late you might be overpowered already

harder fights are post game tyrants though

and time attack is fun for a challenge

JulianImp

60 is too late you might be overpowered already

harder fights are post game tyrants though

and time attack is fun for a challenge

Yeah, but it also depends on which skells and skell gear he has, since skells don't care about your ground gear and character levels. Level 50s made chapter 12 an absolute joke for me, with no strategy to them besides spamming my skell abilities as soon as they were off of cooldown.

Still, I'd be inclined to agree that you'll probably have an easy time with the final boss if you're already level 60.

Haunted

Cool. I'll have to investigate. Outside of the topple move, assault rifle has been pretty useless.

Phoenix, at least my level 50 one does 3x25k damage to everything in a pretty wide AOE

I like Scythe too tbh but G-Buster out damages it even accounting for the bonus damage from behind. If you can manage the fuel cost it's a no brainer
The problem with 'some' back weapons, particularly the ones that assemble, is their animations take FOREVER, both before and after. I can't stand Dragon cuz it's literally like 15 seconds from start to finish.
Thanks for the input! I suppose the disparity in my observations also has to do with lvl 30 vs lvl 50 and the various rarities. Guess I'll try to nab some orange lvl 50s and experiment more.

Also, when people talk about the G-Buster they do mean the G-Buster and not the G2-Buster, right?

Yeah, but it also depends on which skells and skell gear he has, since skells don't care about your ground gear and character levels. Level 50s made chapter 12 an absolute joke for me, with no strategy to them besides spamming my skell abilities as soon as they were off of cooldown.

Still, I'd be inclined to agree that you'll probably have an easy time with the final boss if you're already level 60.

well level for ground is also meaningless without proper gear, augments, and arts/skill upgrades for sure

yeah I had all lv 60 and all 50 Skells not regrets
those
little
twist
in the fight still almost took me out

I wanted more from that fight he should have been Tyrant hard but I guess level 40 and lv30 Skells

EhoaVash

Hmm I'm level 44 with level 30 skells. I got the awesome Phoenix skell weapons. But man does kill my fuel tank:/

Anyway to make refuel faster, I probed one of those fuel tank things but its soo slow. Also how do you use the 3000 fuel tank reward ticket, ?? Game just promts me to sell them. I don't see "use" anywhere?

Anyway am I ready for chapter 11? Do I need level 50 skells?? I struggled with chapter 10 and 9 and needed to lower difficulty

Haunted

I am nowhere close to being able to fight one of those but now I'm eager to do so when I get to that point.
Try not to look it up.

Enemy design in this game is genius.

Anyway to make refuel faster, I probed one of those fuel tank things but its soo slow. Also how do you use the 3000 fuel tank reward ticket, ?? Game just prompts me to sell them. I don't see "use" anywhere?
Refueling is slow and the fuel recovery probes are worthless. Refuelling at the barracks (5000 Miranium for 3000 fuel) is a possibility.

But honestly, the best way to at least keep your own personal Skell fuelled is binding, lots and lots of binding.

There are also fuel augments that make you recover fuel in various circumstances (on hit, when going into overdrive etc).

Fuel tank tickets are combat consumables, bring up the squad menu during battle and press X once to access them.

JulianImp

Hmm I'm level 44 with level 30 skells. I got the awesome Phoenix skell weapons. But man does kill my fuel tank:/

Anyway to make refuel faster, I probed one of those fuel tank things but its soo slow. Also how do you use the 3000 fuel tank reward ticket, ?? Game just promts me to sell them. I don't see "use" anywhere?

Anyway am I ready for chapter 11? Do I need level 50 skells?? I struggled with chapter 10 and 9 and needed to lower difficulty

You can use them by bringing up the battle orders menu (with the + button while targeting an enemy, either during combat or outside of it) and pressing LT until you access the consumable items submenu. Like with most submenus, I happened to stumble across it by mistake when I was trying to make a specific character leave her skell before it exploded.

At least from my experience Lv 50 skells are overpowered as hell during the later story chapters, but I guess that mostly depends on whether you have any orange-grade weapons or not.

You can use them by bringing up the battle orders menu (with the + button while targeting an enemy, either during combat or outside of it) and pressing LT until you access the consumable items submenu. Like with most submenus, I happened to stumble across it by mistake when I was trying to make a specific character leave her skell before it exploded.

man this is so hidden I hate it

never fast enough so if one is in danger I just have them all exit

I hate it as much as the enemy target icons for squad missions even after learning how to get the names to scroll it scrolls too fast for me to read it with my poor eyesight

plus these enemy names are not easy to remember
if you remember one you have to remember where they spawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom