• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

brawly

Kiwami comes out on the 26th. My shop here will import it. Might pull the trigger.

I'm only a few hours into Saejima story. I really should play some more but it hasn't pulled me in yet.

Kiwami comes out on the 26th. My shop here will import it. Might pull the trigger.

I'm only a few hours into Saejima story. I really should play some more but it hasn't pulled me in yet.

The prison parts of Saejima's chapter are slow and not very fun. Things improve greatly once you get out and go to the mountain village. The hunting Another Story you do there is great.

brawly

The prison parts of Saejima's chapter are slow and not very fun. Things improve greatly once you get out and go to the mountain village. The hunting Another Story you do there is great.

I'm there already actually. But yes, prison was pretty boring just like in Y4. That imagining-game was dreadful.

This is a must watch by everyone in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbE43fdr6lA

G4oHaGk.png

now this is a face that needs to burn more

KRaZyAmmo

Oh man. This is right up there with the Haruka battle mod. Saejima is a dancing machine.

Kiryu should teach Haruka how to battle so that we can battle as her in a Yakuza game. She'd look so awesome doing the double german suplex move on thugs. I'd totally buy a Yakuza game if she did that.

Kiryu should teach Haruka how to battle so that we can battle as her in a Yakuza game. She'd look so awesome doing the double german suplex move on thugs. I'd totally buy a Yakuza game if she did that.

That would just give Rie Kugimya a chance to use some of her other range too, maybe use some of her Taiga screams and yells during battle. Either way, that would be funny either as a legit in game reason to have her fight, or as a goofy extra mode.

KRaZyAmmo

That would just give Rie Kugimya a chance to use some of her other range too, maybe use some of her Taiga screams and yells during battle. Either way, that would be funny either as a legit in game reason to have her fight, or as a goofy extra mode.

I wouldn't mind it as a goofy extra mode. It'd be fun

so, someone can spoil this for me, coz I really wanna know right now:

is mayumi gonna be in yakuza 6? does her and kazuma's love rekindle at the end of 5 at least?
22 minutes left in my 25th... ended up
smoking a little bita lot
and played yakuza 5, man, I love games with a good storyline.

I wouldn't mind it as a goofy extra mode. It'd be fun

I second having that as a goofy extra mode, it'd be a laugh fighting as Haruka. However at this point in the series I can't see how they'd explain why Haruka is beating people up, since she (minor spoilers)
doesn't seem to have it in her to hate anyone, she's the most kind hearted person I've ever seen in a game! She seems to always want to see the best in people.

KRaZyAmmo

I second having that as a goofy extra mode, it'd be a laugh fighting as Haruka. However at this point in the series I can't see how they'd explain why Haruka is beating people up, since she (minor spoilers)
doesn't seem to have it in her to hate anyone, she's the most kind hearted person I've ever seen in a game! She seems to always want to see the best in people.
Oh right. Maybe one of the orphans from sunshine orphanage

It seems that i missed a substory early on with Saejima (one of the two in Kamurocho), but i'm already too far into the game to go back to that. Supposedly there's a point late in the game when the male characters join up, is it possible to go and do that old substory at that point? If not, i obviously won't be able to beat
Amon
before the ending and thus miss out on using the reward in premium new game. Am i missing out badly because of that? I'm mostly worried about unlockables that could be extremely useful on my Ex-Hard playthrough. Iirc it was an golden gun in Y3 or Y4, but i don't think i even used that on Ex-Hard. How is Ex-Hard anyway, compared to those games?

Also, about dance battle stories with Haruka, i'm in ch. 4 with her and have only encountered 2 of those so far, do i have to do random battles until another one pops up?

Does anyone have preliminary sales numbers for the localized version? Hoping it did well - I wonder how 3 years of bottled excitement (albeit from the hardcore crowd) helped

It seems that i missed a substory early on with Saejima (one of the two in Kamurocho), but i'm already too far into the game to go back to that. Supposedly there's a point late in the game when the male characters join up, is it possible to go and do that old substory at that point? If not, i obviously won't be able to beat
Amon
before the ending and thus miss out on using the reward in premium new game. Am i missing out badly because of that? I'm mostly worried about unlockables that could be extremely useful on my Ex-Hard playthrough. Iirc it was an golden gun in Y3 or Y4, but i don't think i even used that on Ex-Hard. How is Ex-Hard anyway, compared to those games?

Also, about dance battle stories with Haruka, i'm in ch. 4 with her and have only encountered 2 of those so far, do i have to do random battles until another one pops up?

You'll be able to do Seijima's missions in the last chapter when you regain control of him, or premium adventure mode. Don't worry, you've not missed your chance to fight Amon.

Which dance battles are you talking about? The main princess league stories or the sub stories with Akari?
If its princess league stuff then you'll have it unlock as part of the story, if its the Akari dance sub stories then I'm not exactly sure. I left those until right at the end of the chapter and did them all in one go. I always got a text message after completing the previous one telling me where to go to trigger the next one...

Anyway, I've pushed onto Shinada's part of the game and I'm actually enjoying the story more than I thought. I know next to nothing about Baseball but its still kinda interesting to me. I like Shinada as a character as well, he comes across as a lovable loser!

I'm quite enjoying his fighting style as well. He feels like an actual street fighter, unlike the other characters who clearly had a lot of training, his fighting feels scrappier/rougher. I like his tackle combos plus the rush > throw combo's. Only heat move I'm having issues with is where you have to bounce an enemy off a wall. Can't seem to find a move that does that yet.

I'm loving his baseball another drama as well. The new batting center is much more fun in my opinion, I don't actually need to slow down heat move either, its fairly simple to hit home runs. I actually have less problems with this (despite being more complicated) compared to Kamuracho's batting center from past games. I also got lucky and had 3 platinum plates drop from random battles. Thankfully Shinada now has much more than 217 yen left in his bank account!

You'll be able to do Seijima's missions in the last chapter when you regain control of him, or premium adventure mode. Don't worry, you've not missed your chance to fight Amon.

Which dance battles are you talking about? The main princess league stories or the sub stories with Akari?
If its princess league stuff then you'll have it unlock as part of the story, if its the Akari dance sub stories then I'm not exactly sure. I left those until right at the end of the chapter and did them all in one go. I always got a text message after completing the previous one telling me where to go to trigger the next one...

Thanks!

Yes, i knew i could still do everything in premium adventure, but since you can't create clear data in premium adventure, i wanted to complete everything during the main game, so that i can carry all the unlockable rewards into premium new game on ex-hard.

It's great to hear that i'll still be able to do missed substories before the end of the game, that's a relief.
As for dance battles, i meant the ones with Akari. I've completed 2/6, but haven't any in a while. I must have glossed over an e-mail with the info for the next one, i'll have to check Haruka's phone.

Thanks!

Yes, i knew i could still do everything in premium adventure, but since you can't create clear data in premium adventure, i wanted to complete everything during the main game, so that i can carry all the unlockable rewards into premium new game on ex-hard.

It's great to hear that i'll still be able to do missed substories before the end of the game, that's a relief.
As for dance battles, i meant the ones with Akari. I've completed 2/6, but haven't any in a while. I must have glossed over an e-mail with the info for the next one, i'll have to check Haruka's phone.

Thinking about the Akari dances, I think the locations you need to go to next is either the entrance to the outdoor mall (just south of Iwao bridge) or the parking lot where the coin locker keys are located. Otherwise as you said just check your cellphone messages as the message will be stored there somewhere.

Thinking about the Akari dances, I think the locations you need to go to next is either the entrance to the outdoor mall (just south of Iwao bridge) or the parking lot where the coin locker keys are located. Otherwise as you said just check your cellphone messages as the message will be stored there somewhere.

Yeah, i did check my cellphone, found all the info i needed and completed that storyline in one go. There's so much stuff thrown at you in these games that i sometimes gloss over simple instructions or end up doing other stuff for a few hours and by the time i get back to it, i already forgot what i was supposed to do. XD

Thanks for the help!

Yeah, i did check my cellphone, found all the info i needed and completed that storyline in one go. There's so much stuff thrown at you in these games that i sometimes gloss over simple instructions or end up doing other stuff for a few hours and by the time i get back to it, i already forgot what i was supposed to do. XD

Thanks for the help!

Glad you found it :)

I know the feeling though, the game chucks so much at you in part 3 as your swapping between two characters, I kept forgetting about the Akari stuff as I kept getting distracted and doing other stuff!

jgminto

God damn it, Yakuza 5. I just got to the end of the first half of Haruka's section and I can't believe they
killed off Ms. Park. She was probably my favourite new character so far. I loved the motherly relationship that developed between her and Haruka, it was heartwarming. But now they drop this soul crusher on me!
This game is so cruel!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
oh nice!

yeah, I thought I remembered seeing a two player option at startup. if you can play virtua fighter 2 online, then technically this game has online multiplayer...lol

the netcode is hella bad, stick to the standalone PSN release
just as many people playing it too -__-

MoosiferX

Do you get anything if you do the Free Dance Battles in Haruka's section where the dude lost his plane ticket?

That's a good question! I'm on my second playthrough at the moment and I didn't compete in all the Free Dance Battles on my normal difficulty run. That guy's going to be stuck in Osaka FOREVER. If nobody else chimes in I'll let you know when I get there!

lol, my first enemy drop for Shinada was a Platinum Plate. So much for being broke!

I managed to get three of them in fairly quick succession. I actually ended up with having more money with Shinada than I did with Akiyama!

Makes it easier to do all the side stuff though, at least I don't have to worry about running out of money while doing the hostess side mission for Shinada.

Does anyone have preliminary sales numbers for the localized version? Hoping it did well - I wonder how 3 years of bottled excitement (albeit from the hardcore crowd) helped

Been wondering the same.

Btw, what's deal with that sound effect that pops up when walking around and makes the mini-map blink?
Been wanting to ask this for ages but kept forgetting.

Top Bottom