• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Creator Toshihiro Nagoshi Say’s Nintendo Hardware is For Kids and Teens

Thirty7ven

Banned
Like Superhero movies?

Super Hero movies like Avengers Infinity War are aimed at teens and "young adults". Super Hero cartoons are aimed at children and early teens. Yes older people can still enjoy these pieces of entertainment, of course. But it's embarrassing to see grown ass adults acting like they are unaware of the fact.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

hehe he may be right, but they sell millions of copies of their games. meanwhile, his yakuza games on steam barely make it to 200k.

Nintendo hardware is for people who actually enjoy good game design.
Good game design?

Like mario Odyssey, a fucking repetitive, most boring and depressing game in 20 years?

Collecting 1000000 same coins/starts/whatever isnt fun or good design.

Even astrobots is 100x more fun to play and gameplay is actually versatile. Collecting in this too, but at least it dont suck the life out of me like the worst AAA game of the last decade, mario Odyssey.

People whom say that nintendo games have best gameplay clearly dont play on other systems.

Slow hardware doesnt help it

sevoro

Good game design?

Like mario Odyssey, a fucking repetitive, most boring and depressing game in 20 years?

Collecting 1000000 same coins/starts/whatever isnt fun or good design.

Even astrobots is 100x more fun to play and gameplay is actually versatile. Collecting in this too, but at least it dont suck the life out of me like the worst AAA game of the last decade, mario Odyssey.

People whom say that nintendo games have best gameplay clearly dont play on other systems.

Slow hardware doesnt help it
As someone who's played MGS5, TLOU, Horizon, God of War etc. I still prefer Nintendo, because we all have different tastes. Personally I find Nintendo superior in game design, the feedback I get from doing the same repetitive things in a Nintendo game released more endorphins in me than the PS games I've played.

Clearly false, it’s for mathematicians as well:

5GRA6BP.jpg

yurinka

According to Nintendo data WiiU and Switch customers were mostly 20-40 year old players. I think they buy the same Nintendo game series they bought when they were kids 15-35 years ago (these are the best selling games in the Nintendo platforms).

These series were for kids back then, but today kids prefer Minecraft, Fortnite, Roblox, CoD and GTA over Nintendo games, and they mostly only play Nintendo games if their parents buy these games for them without asking the kids (because the parents are Nintendo fans or because someone told them Nintendo makes the best games for kids).

The series kept selling so Nintendo didn't change them too much. So they may look games for kids but are played mostly by 30+ year olds.

Top Bottom