• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Favorite Endings in a Video Game

Tabris

So many Nintendo choices.

Is it the "feel good" sensation they give you? (I can understand) or do you actually see some kind of deep meaning and/or depth in them? (I can't understand)

My favorites are:

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Suikoden II (Both versions)
Vagrant Story
Suikoden III (108 Star Ending only)
Final Fantasy Tactics

GIR

Banned
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Donkey Kong Country (SNES) yet, man that ending cracked me up!

AniHawk

Tabris said:
So many Nintendo choices.

Is it the "feel good" sensation they give you? (I can understand) or do you actually see some kind of deep meaning and/or depth in them? (I can't understand)

How do you mean?

The two Nintendo games I listed, it was a lot of the latter. I thought they were deeper than anything else Nintendo had done (especially within the series), and that's why I liked them.

miyuru

MGS. It was pretty touching, for some reason. Probably because I've never played any games as "realistic" as MGS, well compared to all the Nintendo fare I play. Heh, now I know why people liked PS over N64!

Kudie

ced said:
ICO was one of the few great game endings

It left me with many feelings, and questions. It was like the end of The Shawshank Redemption.

I feel like there is another one lingering in my head, maybe Ill remember it.

Same here man.

Tactics Ogre: LUCT
well...one of the bad endings anyways. Where Denim becomes king, only to be immediately assasinated. Hahaha...what a great way to end the game after playing for 60-80 hours. The 'real' ending was pretty good too, though the best part was seeing Lans Tartare leaving the island.

Super Metroid's whole ending sequence (from just before the final boss till the end).

I can't think of any other endings at this time...

Top Bottom