• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most hyped RPG for Q1 2023

Most HYPE RPG for Q1 2023

• Forspoken

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Octopath Traveller II

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Fire Emblem Engage

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tales of Symphonia Remastered

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Hogwarts Legacy

Votes: 65 47.1%

• Total voters

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There are tons of great RPGs (and, OK, strategy RPGs) releasing in the next couple of months. GAF, what are you looking forward to the most? Confirmed release dates only. Poll attached.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I voted fire emblem since I already have tales of symphonia on Steam, but I’m not very optimistic about it after three houses (an average/ok game). Will wait for reviews. Otherwise nothing really interests me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
lUK8A93.png
FcjBM9JWYAEL234.jpg:large
517qGYUrTcL._AC_.jpg

Sorry I just couldn't choose one.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Octopath Traveler II for me, really liked the first one and the sequel might be even better if they manage to make it a bit more challenging while also making more interactions between party members.

Graciaus

It should be Azure but I haven't started the first yet. Octopath Traveller II is the only one I've bought so far. Labyrinth of Galleria I'll buy as well.

I am so far behind on the Atelier series and the old ones never go on sale. Also very far behind on Fire Emblem. Don't care about the other choices.

ungalo

When Hogwarts or Forspoken are included you know the term RPG doesn't mean much anymore.

But i guess i'd say Hogwarts.

Octopath 1 was pretty good but i don't want to buy the second one at full price. The rest don't interest me, Three Houses was enough.

Fbh

Probably Hogwarts as it looks really good.
Octopath II seems interesting but it will depend on how much they've improved the plot. Couldn't get into the first one because I wasn't feeling the story of most characters and the way they felt mostly standalone was dissappointing
Fire Emblem also looks interesting from a gameplay perspective but I'll wait for reviews and overall impressions around here, will only get it if there's a really solid game under the horrible looking art direction and characters.

When Hogwarts or Forspoken are included you know the term RPG doesn't mean much anymore.

Why not though?
You create your own characters, you get and improve skills and gear, you take on quests, there's reportedly an element of player choice which affects the story. What element makes Hogwarts not an RPG when compared to, say, Octopath?
If anything I'd argue you'll probably be doing more "role playing" in Hogwarts than most other games on that list.

PeteBull

d4 no contest, already preordered which i almost never do(last game i did is ff15, and before that disgaea 5) but i love the series 25years already so bear with me here

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Trails to Azure for me.
I actually chose Octopath Traveler II but that would probably be my second.

Is the new Fire Emblem considered an RPG? Isn't it more of a strategy game? I guess it's still counts if it's a strategy role-playing game.

fermcr

Nothing really that interesting in the list... but, if I had to pick one it would be Hogwarts.
Hogwarts will be the only game in that list that I'll probably purchase.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
You know…I’m a huge Squeenix guy and have been really looking forward to Forspoken, but I’m also pretty pumped for octo 2. But since I held off on so many Steam sales with MH: Rise, I’m most pumped for that on ps5.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Drizzlehell

Banned
There are 2 titles on that list that I recognize, neither of which I'm interested in.

Must be great to be hyped for all of these, though. Happy for you.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Still haven't finished the first game but I give my support to Ryza anyway! 🥰
That game's gameplay loop is super addictive to me. you explore to find ingredients to make new tools to explore further and you actually get excited get new area because you can now gather new ingredients make new weapons and new tools and it never gets old.

Kacho

Don’t feel strongly about any of them. Went with Octo II since I’ll be checking it out at some point. The rest…ehhhhh.

Lupin25

Personally, I’d like to say Resident Evil 4 or Octopath Traveler 2, but I know that’s just not true.

Seems Hogwarts has a chokehold on Q1.

Top Bottom