• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your top 3 fictional characters of all time? ( not animated/cartoon)

Batiman

Banned
Just wondering who you guys consider your top 3 fictional characters of all time? Characters that you just love whenever they’re on screen. I’ll make it a little simpler by cutting out animated ones.

I’ll start. In no order.

Ian Mckellen/Gandalf
Veuc.gif

Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones

d95030d4cde9edb4064ea86757e3a39c.gif

Jason Alexander/George Costanza
u6dVYe.gif

Saber

Gold Member
Neo, Smith and Morpheus from Matrix

Gandalf and Samuran from LoR

Lupin, Ninfadora, Snape and Alastor Moody from Harry Potter

edit: oh sorry, its 3 for all time, my bad. I would say Gandalf, Morpheus and Moody.

Last edited:
Indy:
d95030d4cde9edb4064ea86757e3a39c.gif

The coolest concept for a character ever and my favourite franchise. Please don't screw this up, Disney 🙏

Varys:
1_giphy.gif

Conleth killed it in this role. Never a dull moment with Varys.

Mulder & Scully:
1973e3ef938a705f884199be5d3cc6b5.gif

I'm cheating a bit here, but I can't have one without including the other. Their chemistry is what makes them great.

Dark Star

Gandalf and Dumbledore are obvious picks for me. I like everything related to LOTR and HP.

Darth Vader is a solid choice too. I’m not a huge Star Wars fan or anything, but the OG trilogy is iconic.

Superheros and such are kind of in their own category. Batman and Joker is the ultimate vigilante vs villain combo.

Last edited:
Roland Deschain of Gilead, the Last Gunslinger.

The Baron Vladimir Harkonnen.

And a guilty pleasure from my youth, Drizzt Do'Urden.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Oh damn that is a tough one. The first one that comes to mind though is Sir Ian McKellen as Gandalf. That was a performance for the ages.

Another that comes to mind, but idk if it would be my top 3 is Peter Dinklage as Tyrion.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Oh fuck I didn't think of this one. This one is DEFINITELY in my Top 3.

Best mini series ever and he carried that shit.
But he is not a fictional character.

Fiction - literature in the form of prose, especially short stories and novels, that describes imaginary events and people.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Fuck it's impossible - basically your time 3 characters from all non-fiction books, movies games and TV, although the OP seems to assume movies and TV.

Jennings

Hannibal Lecter - Especially as portrayed by Mads Mikkelsen, but Brian Cox and Anthony Hopkins kill the role too.

Detective Lt. Columbo - As portrayed by Peter Falk. My absolute favorite detective of all time. Columbo is in a class by himself.

Tony Soprano - As portrayed by James Gandolfini.

Konnor

Off the top of my head:

Tyrion Lannister before the writers turned him into an pathetic imbecile the last couple (maybe more) of seasons

Sarah Connor only the first 2 Terminators of course

House

Honorable mentions:

Root from Person of Interest

V from V for Vendetta

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Funny how Wilder played similar kind of comedy in lots of movies. And always funny.

Awesome Wilder/Pryer scene! Best slap ever.

When you got it you got it. No need to reinvent yourself every time you take a role like Daniel Day-Lewis.

Some people are just fantastic in their archetype. Gene Wilder, Mel Brooks, Robin Williams, Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, Sam Elliot, etc etc list goes on and on of people who always seem to be in the same ballpark character wise and yet they almost always deliver.

Last edited:
Top Bottom